Chris Whealy

Default Updated acoustics calculation spreadsheet

Moose wrote:
I got the same error that the reference/component was not found in
doButtonChange(). The fix is to comment out those lines that refer
to this as all this does is update the field when it changes using the
scroll button. It will still work as you change the values and leave
the cell.

It would be nice to have the object though.

...Moose

OK, the problem seems to be that the export to Excel 97 (and possibly
Excel 95) results in the subroutine doButtonChange() not being
recognised. Since this subroutine is used by every spin button on every
sheet in the file, I put it in a global module. This is what Excel 97
can't find.

As Moose pointed out, the spreadsheet still works if you type the values
directly into the fields, but it is far less convenient - which is why I
put the spin buttons there in the first place!

Since I don't have Excel 97 or 95 installed, I'll have to de-optimise
the coding, and make doButtonChange() a local subroutine within each sheet.

I'll call this version 2.61. Please let me know if it solves the problem.

Regards

Chris W

--
The voice of ignorance speaks loud and long,
but the words of the wise are quiet and few.

Rich.Andrews

Chris Whealy wrote in
:

Moose wrote:
[...]

now I dont have to click on anything and I get the "Cannot find project or
library" error message. Sub doButtonChange(sb As SpinButton, r As Range, f
As Integer)

Chris Whealy

Rich.Andrews wrote:

now I dont have to click on anything and I get the "Cannot find project or
library" error message. Sub doButtonChange(sb As SpinButton, r As Range, f
As Integer)

OK, I think I know what the problem is. I am currently working on
another spreadsheet to calculate the absorption of Helmholtz resonators.
This requires the use of an engineering add-in to Excel that can work
with complex numbers - the Analysis Toolpak.

I saved version 2.61 after I started work on the new spreadsheet, and
the added-in libraries seem to have been recorded into this spreadsheet
(even though they are not used). The libraries that cannot be found are
ATBVBAEN.XLS, FUNCRES.XLA and PROCDB.XLA.

Although these are not needed by the spreadsheet you have, the
short-term solution is to add them in by selecting Tools - Add-ins and
then checking "Analysis Toolpak" and "Analysis Toolpak - VBA".

Alternatively, I have resaved the spreadsheet with the Analysis Toolpak
switched off. So you can download it again. I hope this will fix the
problem.

Regards

Chris W