TC

Default Voice Coil Source / Supplier

Hi,

I am looking to rebuild a set of 3/4" soft dome tweeters (out of an old pair
of Image100). I need a new voice coil and diaphragm. I beleive these are 8
ohm rated. Voice coil outer diameter is 13/16" of an inch. I hail out of
Canada. Drop me a line if you know of a certain source for voice coils /
diaphragms of this exact size. Thank you.

Geoff Wood

TC wrote:
Hi,

I am looking to rebuild a set of 3/4" soft dome tweeters (out of an
old pair of Image100). I need a new voice coil and diaphragm. I
beleive these are 8 ohm rated. Voice coil outer diameter is 13/16" of
an inch. I hail out of Canada. Drop me a line if you know of a
certain source for voice coils / diaphragms of this exact size. Thank
you.

www.speakerbits.com.au

geoff

RdM

"TC" wrote:
in ,

: I am looking to rebuild a set of 3/4" soft dome tweeters (out of an old pair
: of Image100). I need a new voice coil and diaphragm. I beleive these are 8
: ohm rated. Voice coil outer diameter is 13/16" of an inch. I hail out of
: Canada. Drop me a line if you know of a certain source for voice coils /
: diaphragms of this exact size. Thank you.

Ideally you'd be able to zero in on a replacement from the actual
manufacturer, either of the system or the actual original driver. Image 100
is not a lot to go on ... here in NZ there's a local manufacturer called
Image, for instance, but whether they had an early model 100 I don't know.
http://www.image-loudspeakers.co.nz/products/range.htm

TC

Hello,

I dropped both companys - speakerbits & IMAGE - an email.

I'll have to see what they say on the matter. Thank you for your help. If
you wish to see a picture of these tweeters, I can post.

"TC" wrote in message
Hi,

I am looking to rebuild a set of 3/4" soft dome tweeters (out of an old

pair
of Image100). I need a new voice coil and diaphragm. I beleive these are 8
ohm rated. Voice coil outer diameter is 13/16" of an inch. I hail out of
Canada. Drop me a line if you know of a certain source for voice coils /
diaphragms of this exact size. Thank you.

RdM

"TC" wrote:
in ,

: Hello,
:
: I dropped both companys - speakerbits & IMAGE - an email.
:
: I'll have to see what they say on the matter. Thank you for your help. If
: you wish to see a picture of these tweeters, I can post.

You can't post/attach a binary (picture) here, but you could post one to
alt.binaries.pictures.radio and note the fact here. Or put it on a web site.

But if you've removed? the tweeter in question surely you can see some
markings on the back which indicate manufacturer/model no. &etc.?

Many if not most speaker system manufacturers are using driver units
manufactured by other companies, so what's on the actual unit is crucial.

There will likely be many tweeters with similiar physical dimensions and yet
vastly different performance and measurement characteristics, so just
looking for a replacement based on size won't be very useful to you at all.

If you haven't removed it, I suggest you do so, and ascertain the details.

RdM

: "TC" wrote in message
: ...
: Hi,
:
: I am looking to rebuild a set of 3/4" soft dome tweeters (out of an old
: pair
: of Image100). I need a new voice coil and diaphragm. I beleive these are 8
: ohm rated. Voice coil outer diameter is 13/16" of an inch. I hail out of
: Canada. Drop me a line if you know of a certain source for voice coils /
: diaphragms of this exact size. Thank you.

RdM

"TC" wrote:
in ,

: Hello,
:
[...]

: "TC" wrote in message
: ...
: Hi,
:
: I am looking to rebuild a set of 3/4" soft dome tweeters (out of an old
: pair
: of Image100). I need a new voice coil and diaphragm. I beleive these are 8
: ohm rated. Voice coil outer diameter is 13/16" of an inch. I hail out of
: Canada. Drop me a line if you know of a certain source for voice coils /
: diaphragms of this exact size. Thank you.

RdM

"TC" wrote:
in ,

: Hello,
:
[...]

: "TC" wrote in message
: ...
: Hi,
:
: I am looking to rebuild a set of 3/4" soft dome tweeters (out of an old
: pair
: of Image100). I need a new voice coil and diaphragm. I beleive these are 8
: ohm rated. Voice coil outer diameter is 13/16" of an inch. I hail out of
: Canada. Drop me a line if you know of a certain source for voice coils /
: diaphragms of this exact size. Thank you.

RdM

"TC" wrote:
in ,

: Hello,
[...]