John Noll

Default FS: dbx 120 subharmonic synthesizer

For Sale: dbx 120 subharmonic synthesizer
in very good condition. $125 plus shipping.
Picture available by request.
Can accepot PayPal or money order.
John Noll
Red Bank, NJ

William Sommerwerck

Default FS: dbx 120 RIPOFF ALERT!

And you have room to talk!

Known as a "piece of crap" for inventing sounds not there.

WindsorFox[SS]

OFFICIAL RAM JACKOFF spewed:

Bluebook value, $10.

Known as a "piece of crap" for inventing sounds not there.

RIPOFF ALERT!

No you are cinfusing somethng by dBX with yourself....

Fletcher

OFFICIAL RAM BLUEBOOK VALUATION wrote:

On 1/9/03 13:11, in article , "John Noll"
wrote:

dbx 120 subharmonic synthesizer
in very good condition. $125 plus shipping.
Picture available

Bluebook value, $10.

Known as a "piece of crap" for inventing sounds not there.

RIPOFF ALERT!

As someone who does 'valuations' for the "Bluebook", I can tell you with
some authority that many of the listings in the "Bluebook" are off... not
all, but some... and there are so many listings in the book that it's
pretty much impossible to be spot on with all of them. The kinda
'default' values are that of "normal depreciation"... in other words...
take the stuff listed in the "Bluebook" with a grain of salt... the
values in the "Bluebook" are a reasonable guideline for insurance
companies... but not necessarily proper when buying and selling hardware
on a "P2P" level.

As for the usefulness of the unit... that too will be decided by the
buyer. Some models of the DBX-120 are better than others... but even the
least useful is certainly worth $125- if that is the effect someone is
looking to employ. FWIW, I've used the things before... and have found an
occasional use for them. It's not something I would own personally...
but I reckon I'd probably pony up for one if I did more
"dance/trance/industrial" kinda stuff... as always, YMMV.
--
Fletcher
Mercenary Audio

Mike

wrote:

[...]

I don't own a bluebook but have the experience of having taken in a
few things for possible trade and the dealer (GC) looking them up in
the bluebook and my experience is that it is way off a lot.

Of course we all think our crap is worth a lot but often I think the
bluebook overvalues things as well. This particular GC bought or took
trade for a whole studio worth of stuff centered around a Tascam
85-16B. This was about a year ago or a little better. They put it on
display for 3250.00. This just the tascam machine.

I told them they would never get that amount and offered them 1500.00.
The salesman, (who knows better than the price they had on it)
confided the manager took it in and way over paid for it. They still
have it. It is down to 1650.00.

I feel pretty certain they must have checked the bluebook. Maybe the
bluebook has some kind of "Vintage" markup? Who knows. Whatever the
case they had no clue about the market for these.

Mike
http://www.mmeproductions.com

Analogeezer

wrote:

[...]

Wow your post says volumes about the quality of in store management at
Guitar Center.

Yet another example...the last time I went to a GC, I was trying to
special order/Buy a Quiklok Z series two tier keyboard stand.

After over an hour, the sales droid (nice guy, but not very clued in)
could not quote me an actual price so I left. He kept going back to
talk to the manager, who was "busy". It wasn't in their computer as a
"stock" item so he didn't know what to do (probably the manager didn't
either, hence why he was "busy").

Keep in mind I told the guy what the model number was, what the list
price was, and what the normal street price was.

All I needed was what their net to me would be.

So after an hour I gave up, ordered it off the web and it arrived two
days later.

Analogeezer
Roger W. Norman

Twit. John is well enough known here as to not be a rip off. In fact, I've
got a nice little picture here on my control room wall of his studio, which,
btw, doesn't appear as if he would play any games about ripping someone off
for a mere $125. In order to afford his studio he'd have to have ripped off
one hell of a lot of people. In just the circumstance of what appears to be
a Yamaha C3, Rhodes 73 Stage, RCA ribbons and a beautifully done studio and
control room, he'd certainly be on the FBI's list if he got it all from
ripping people off.

So crawl back under the rock you crawled out from under. There's a decided
stink coming from your direction.

--

Roger W. Norman
SirMusic Studio

ws.com...
wrote:

dbx 120 subharmonic synthesizer
in very good condition. $125 plus shipping.
Picture available

Bluebook value, $10.

Known as a "piece of crap" for inventing sounds not there.

RIPOFF ALERT!

Roger W. Norman

And yet another story. I'd pretty much made up my mind about getting a pair
of Mackie SR1530s and went to the Rockville GC, whereupon I spent one hour
waiting around patiently for some sales weasel to come over and at least
offer me a cursory acknowledgement of my existence upon this earth, but no,
I got one fellow who was absolutely certain that making the sale on a Tascam
4 track cassette recorder was the sale of the day and was quite willing to
spend every minute of that one hour trying to make the pitch. I pity a
sales weasel that doen't walk away and let a couple of clients talk because
he's never going to make that sale.

Ultimately I walked out, with the fellow at the door getting the brunt of my
displeasure, and try as he might, I kept on walking. I was ready to bring
the speakers home and he saw it.

OK, so I'll cut to the short again. Waited a couple of days, called my guy
at Chuck's and not only did he give me a much better price, but he had them
delivered to me in 2 hours. I mean, from the time I ordered them, I had
them up in the studio and working.

Needless to say, I no longer even entertain the idea of stopping by a GC,
but look forward to my trips to Chucks, even though waiting is a little
extensive. At least I now know that if I need something I will get it
within a couple of hours without even leaving my house, and at a much better
price that GC is willing to offer on anything but their overstock items.

I've said it about a thousand times before, but developing a relationship
with your vendor is the best thing you can do. It might take a couple of
years to pan out, but overall, it's worth it in the end. All the guys that
want to try to establish a relationship with GC personnel so that you can
reap the benefits are in for a shock.

--

Roger W. Norman
SirMusic Studio