RAGTOPCRUZIN RAGTOPCRUZIN is offline
Junior Member

Default What's it worth now?

Hi folks.
I have a listing on ebay for my 1979 Akai GX-M10 - my Mom bought it new I think. I was just wondering if any of you know what the current value is for this machine. I don't need it, seldom ever use it. But, I don't want to over price the listing.
Your help is appreciated.
Bill
Posted to rec.audio.pro
Rick Ruskin Rick Ruskin is offline

On Fri, 12 Dec 2008 15:44:02 +0000, RAGTOPCRUZIN
wrote:

Hi folks.
I have a listing on ebay for my 1979 Akai GX-M10 - my Mom bought it new
I think. I was just wondering if any of you know what the current value
is for this machine. I don't need it, seldom ever use it. But, I don't
want to over price the listing.
Your help is appreciated.
Bill

Virtually nothing.

Rick Ruskin
Lion Dog Music - Seattle WA
http://liondogmusic.com
http://www.myspace.com/rickruskin
Posted to rec.audio.pro

"RAGTOPCRUZIN" wrote ...
Hi folks.
I have a listing on ebay for my 1979 Akai GX-M10 - my Mom bought it new
I think. I was just wondering if any of you know what the current value
is for this machine. I don't need it, seldom ever use it. But, I don't
want to over price the listing.
Your help is appreciated.
Bill

I would start the bidding at zero if I really wanted to move it.
You may not even get any bids at that. It might not be worth
the cost of shipping. Unless it has some sort of "cult status"
in which case the cultists will bid it up. Might help to mention
whether it is currently operating.

Posted to rec.audio.pro

"RAGTOPCRUZIN" wrote ...
I have a listing on ebay for my 1979 Akai GX-M10 - my Mom bought it new
I think. I was just wondering if any of you know what the current value
is for this machine. I don't need it, seldom ever use it. But, I don't
want to over price the listing.

No bids with ~1 day left on the auction. It may not even
be worth the shipping costs if you gave it away for free.

Interesting that eBay no longer lists the date/time the item
was put up for bid. It places less of a stigma on overpriced
items (like this) I suppose.

Posted to rec.audio.pro
RD Jones RD Jones is offline
Senior Member

Location: Nashville

On Dec 14, 6:03*pm, "Richard Crowley" wrote:
"RAGTOPCRUZIN" wrote ...

I have a listing on ebay for my 1979 Akai GX-M10 - my Mom bought it new
I think. I was just wondering if any of you know what the current value
is for this machine. I don't need it, seldom ever use it. But, I don't
want to over price the listing.

No bids with ~1 day left on the auction. It may not even
be worth the shipping costs if you gave it away for free.

Interesting that eBay no longer lists the date/time the item
was put up for bid. *It places less of a stigma on overpriced
items (like this) I suppose.

What's hurting this auction more than anything is the
less than approx. 99.9% member rating, and also that it
appears to be a "PayPal only" listing.

rd
Posted to rec.audio.pro

"RD Jones" wrote...
What's hurting this auction more than anything is the
less than approx. 99.9% member rating, and also that it
appears to be a "PayPal only" listing.

Neither of those things appear to deter people from bidding on
things of actual value. This appears to be just annother "me-too"
commodity consumer cassette machine. Is it anything more?

Posted to rec.audio.pro
fuzznuts fuzznuts is offline

On Dec 15, 3:11*pm, RD Jones wrote:
On Dec 14, 6:03*pm, "Richard Crowley" wrote:

"RAGTOPCRUZIN" wrote ...

I have a listing on ebay for my 1979 Akai GX-M10 - my Mom bought it new
I think. I was just wondering if any of you know what the current value
is for this machine. I don't need it, seldom ever use it. But, I don't
want to over price the listing.

No bids with ~1 day left on the auction. It may not even
be worth the shipping costs if you gave it away for free.

Interesting that eBay no longer lists the date/time the item
was put up for bid. *It places less of a stigma on overpriced
items (like this) I suppose.

What's hurting this auction more than anything is the
less than approx. 99.9% member rating, and also that it
appears to be a "PayPal only" listing.

rd

Get ready for more bad news, eBay soon will only allow paypal for
payments, in January sellers must state that they will not take
money orders or checks. Since eBay owns paypal, it's their way
of herding the sheeple into using their inhouse cash cow, as
eBay doesn't make any percentage from your other payment
methods. This will also reduce shill bidding, as a friend that makes
a bid for you to raise the sale price will have to pay you with
paypal if no one else bids, so paypal will collect the money from
you that the seller must pay them for the transaction.
Jerry w www.boskolives.wordpress.com

Is It Worth Getting? EADGBE Pro Audio 3 May 12th 05 11:47 AM
Worth Looking at Will Audio Opinions 0 November 19th 04 07:34 PM
What's it worth? WX Guy Marketplace 4 April 24th 04 03:04 PM
What's it worth? WX Guy Marketplace 0 April 23rd 04 11:32 AM
is the $$$ worth it? Pro Audio 2 April 12th 04 12:58 AM