Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to rec.audio.tech,rec.audio.pro,alt.music.home-studio
Pooh Bear

Default Yahama "natural sound" amp specs?

Scott Dorsey wrote:

Pooh Bear wrote:
wrote:

Again, I ask, "known by whom?"

Dick, I am very glad to see you here in rec.audio.pro again.

Well...... I don't think there's any doubt that a speaker cabinet influences the
impedance curve is there ? By analogy, clearly the room ( in effect another
cabinet in front of the speaker cone ) must have a similar if somewhat rather
smaller effect. Just because it can be normally ignored doesn't mean it doesn't
exist.

In practice of course it's not an issue but the effect must clearly be there at a
minute level.

I actually did do a plot on the NHT A-20 speakers in my new editing room,
with the room empty and very live and with the room dead. I could see
no difference in the curve that I did at octave intervals with a
military ZM-35 bridge good down to 0.1 ohm and a 200CD signal generator,
on both the woofer and tweeter. (With the A-20, the crossover is in the
amp so it was easier to do the drivers directly). What can I say, I was
bored and looking for any excuse to avoid moving more boxes of tapes.

Fair enough. You've proved the point. I was just nitpicking really.

Graham