Jenn wrote:
In article .com,
wrote:

Jenn wrote:
In article .com,
wrote:

Jenn wrote:
In article .com,
wrote:

Jenn wrote:
In article .com,
wrote:

John Atkinson lied:

snipped

Stereophile published both positive and negative coverage of
the
Mpingo discs, Mr. McKelvy.

I went to the SP website and found three effusive, glowing
"reviews"
(
two by the notorious shill Jonathan Scull and one by Sam Tellig)
and
one sorta non-committal review by Barry Willis. Am I missing
something,
or is any review that doesn't kiss the advertiser's ass qualify
as
"negative" at SP these days?

There is nothing in Barry Willis' writing on these products that
could
be taken as anything but negative.

I disagree, see below.

"Perhaps Shun Mook's products
perform in a realm to which I am not psychically attuned" for
example.

Which allows for the idea that that the reviewer (Willis) failed to
hear the difference, not that said difference did not exist. Contrast
this with the unambiguous, effusive praise from Scull and Tellig.

If you read all of Willis' pieces, he clearly belittles the item. He
speaks at length about the need for "belief" in regards to them.

Jenn, I did read all of Willis' pieces regarding Mpingo discs, as well
as all of Scull and Tellig. IMO, to see Willis as purely "negative"
requires being a bit sceptical about such products to begin with. The
need for belief part follows from there.

Some quotes from Willis:
"He cued up some music, let it play for a minute, walked over to one of
his small loudspeakers---which bore a Mpingo disc on its far right
corner---gave the disc a 180-degree twist, and looked expectantly at us
for our reaction. Perhaps Shun Mook's products perform in a realm to
which I am not psychically attuned."

"In Hi-Fi Land, faith has traditionally prevailed over reason, often to
the benefit of people who make items of marginal or imaginary value."

"In other words, they work to the limits of their users' belief."

These quotes are faint, indeed, compared to the unambiguous, glowing
praise from Scull and Tellig. Did you read their crap?

Yes, I read what they wrote. But my point is that Willis does indeed
give a negative review, which is what JA said.

A weak, token negative review, offset by effusive praise from others,
may be a good move if a rag is seeking "credibility" when dealing with
a fraud such as Mpingo discs. This is the reason Atkinson likes to
include his graphs and measurments in a glowing review of an SET (for
example).

Yes, he "leaves the door open" to the possibility that these things do
indeed affect sound.

Whilst Scull/Tellig never allow the possibility that they *do not*.

He clearly states, however, that he doesn't hear it.

Scull and Tellig clearly do hear it, obvious and dramatic.

If you were the maker of a product that received such a review, you
no doubt would consider it to be a negative one,

Willis' review, standing alone, might be taken thus. However, taken
against the glowing praise from Scull and Tellig, the maker should
happily sign another advertising contract: Atkinson has delivered as
promised.

JA said that the product received both positive and negative coverage in
SP. He was correct.

Until now, I wasn't aware that you were seeking an appointment to The
Royal Order of Defenders of The Slimey Limey. Best of luck in your
quest.

thus disproving your
accusation of JA lying when he stated, "Stereophile published both
positive and negative coverage of the Mpingo discs, Mr. McKelvy."

Disagreeed. YMMV

Of course. :-)

Of course! ;-)

sam

" wrote

I'm getting tired of this discussion, Mike. Haven't we been all the way
around it?

Only because you don't seem to want to acknowledge you have a claim with
no evidence.

What claim is that? The one you agree with?

"George Middius" wrote in message

Tom said:

It's an idea, and only an idea until proven to be something more.

Incorrect. Whether or not differences exist is a state of reality.
Differences exist or they don't - whether someone asserts they
exist or not - whether someone proves they exist or not.

All this "reality" stuff must be terribly confusing for poor Mikey. He
doesn't
inhabit reality; he inhabits the Argument Zone. It's comfortable for him
in
there because it's entirely theoretical. Undiscovered facts simply do not
exist
for Mikey.

If they are undiscovered, we can't really consider them yet, now can we you
****?

Then prove them and stop complaining about how they are criticised
because
they have no supporting evidence.

Eat me, Mike. I don't have to prove ****. I don't intend to prove ****.
Tell your ****ing engineer buddy Arny to prove it.
People were criticized for asserting that the world was round, weren't
they Mike?

Indeed they were, but according to MikeyLogic, the criticisms were
invalid.
Nobody had yet proven the roundness theory, so MikeyLogic says flatness
was the
only known state of existence.

For a while it was. It would have been irrational to discuss a round earth
without evidence. Just simply saying what if the earth is round would have
made no sense, just like saying what if there are factors wew don't know
about that influence our enjoyment of hi-fi. SFW! if there are such
things, then they will be discovered and we will adjust our perception of
reality accordingly.

The simple fact is that in countless ABX DBT's alleged differences
disappear. While you may not consider this as proof that amps, etc
sound
the same, it is evidence, and it is relaible.

Evidence of what?

Many people assert they hear differences and when put to the test,
they're unable to support their assertions. No argument.
When people assert that they're unsatisfied or fatigued after extended
listening periods, you have no *evidence* to discount those kinds of
assertions. So eat me.

Again, you're flouting MikeyLogic. Granted, the barriers to the Argument
Zone
are somewhat fluid, admitting some logical premises but not others. Mikey
"knows" that aBxism has revealed "truth". It's not important how he knows
this;
he just knows it.

From reading about it and from having done some.

So any data that might vitiate the "truth" that Mikey "knows"
are simply argument fodder, to be quibbled and parsed and caviled until
Mikey's
opponent loses his temper and begins battering Mikey about the head and
shoulders (figuratively or literally).

I'm open to discussing anything for which there is evidence. Merely
speculating that there might be something we don't know about listening is
nothing but mental masturbation, and a pointless excercise.

The pro ABX side presents evidence, teh anti-ABX side presents rhetoric,
most of it pointlessly nasty.

sam

dickless Malesweski writes:

Until now, I wasn't aware that you were seeking an appointment to The
Royal Order of Defenders of The Slimey Limey. Best of luck in your
quest.

Are you aware how dumb you are?
Are you aware you just got shown up?
Are you aware how ugly you are?
Are you aware everyone knows you're reading this?

(PLONK!) LOL

How's your daddy?

;-D

Sylvan Morein

In article t,
" wrote:

Mr. Morein:

How goes the FM Listening Survey?

My now-dead wife Jane used to make wonderful torte's for me and Bob. Berry.
Lemon. Peach. Pennzoil. All the family favourites.

Even this loving attention didn't make a whit of difference to my now 53
year old loser son.

Any "survey" done by Bob is skewed by the fact that he has no job and
nothing else to do but listen to the radio.

Facts about my Son, Robert Morein

Dr. Sylvan Morein, DDS
--

Bob Morein History
--

Doctoral student takes intellectual property case to Supreme Court
By L. STUART DITZEN

PHILADELPHIA -Even the professors who dismissed him from a doctoral program
at Drexel University agreed that Robert Morein was uncommonly smart.

They apparently didn't realize that he was uncommonly stubborn too - so much
so that he would mount a court fight all the way to the U.S. Supreme Court
to challenge his dismissal.

The Supremes have already rejected this appeal, btw.

"It's a personality trait I have - I'm a tenacious guy," said Morein, a
pleasantly eccentric man regarded by friends as an inventive genius. "And we
do come to a larger issue here."

An "inventive genius" that has never invented anything. And hardly
"pleasantly" eccentric.

A five-year legal battle between this unusual ex-student and one of
Philadelphia's premier educational institutions has gone largely unnoticed
by the media and the public.

Because no one gives a **** about a 52 year old loser.

But it has been the subject of much attention in academia.

Drexel says it dismissed Morein in 1995 because he failed, after eight
years, to complete a thesis required for a doctorate in electrical and
computer engineering.

Not to mention the 12 years it took him to get thru high school!
BWAAAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

Morein, 50, of Dresher, Pa., contends that he was dismissed only after his
thesis adviser "appropriated" an innovative idea Morein had developed in a
rarefied area of thought called "estimation theory" and arranged to have it
patented.

A contention rejected by three courts. From a 50 YEAR OLD that has
done NOTHING PRODUCTIVE with his life.

In February 2000, Philadelphia Common Pleas Court Judge Esther R. Sylvester
ruled that Morein's adviser indeed had taken his idea.

An idea that was worth nothing, because it didn't work. Just like
Robert Morein, who has never worked a day in his life.

Sylvester held that Morein had been unjustly dismissed and she ordered
Drexel to reinstate him or refund his tuition.

Funnily enough, Drexel AGREED to reinstate Morein, who rejected the
offer because he knew he was and IS a failed loser. Spending daddy's
money to cover up his lack of productivity.

That brought roars of protest from the lions of academia. There is a long
tradition in America of noninterference by the courts in academic decisions.

Backed by every major university in Pennsylvania and organizations
representing thousands of others around the country, Drexel appealed to the
state Superior Court.

The appellate court, by a 2-1 vote, reversed Sylvester in June 2001 and
restored the status quo. Morein was, once again, out at Drexel. And the
time-honored axiom that courts ought to keep their noses out of academic
affairs was reasserted.

The state Supreme Court declined to review the case and, in an ordinary
litigation, that would have been the end of it.

But Morein, in a quixotic gesture that goes steeply against the odds, has
asked the highest court in the land to give him a hearing.

Daddy throws more money down the crapper.

His attorney, Faye Riva Cohen, said the Supreme Court appeal is important
even if it fails because it raises the issue of whether a university has a
right to lay claim to a student's ideas - or intellectual property - without
compensation.

"Any time you are in a Ph.D. program, you are a serf, you are a slave," said
Cohen. Morein "is concerned not only for himself. He feels that what
happened to him is pretty common."

It's called HIGHER EDUCATION, honey. The students aren't in charge,
the UNIVERSITY and PROFESSORS are.

Drexel's attorney, Neil J. Hamburg, called Morein's appeal - and his claim
that his idea was stolen - "preposterous."

"I will eat my shoe if the Supreme Court hears this case," declared Hamburg.
"We're not even going to file a response. He is a brilliant guy, but his
intelligence should be used for the advancement of society rather than
pursuing self-destructive litigation."

No **** sherlock.

The litigation began in 1997, when Morein sued Drexel claiming that a
committee of professors had dumped him after he accused his faculty adviser,
Paul Kalata, of appropriating his idea.

His concept was considered to have potential value for businesses in
minutely measuring the internal functions of machines, industrial processes
and electronic systems.

The field of "estimation theory" is one in which scientists attempt to
calculate what they cannot plainly observe, such as the inside workings of a
nuclear plant or a computer.

My estimation theory? There is NO brain at work inside the head of
Robert Morein, only sawdust.

Prior to Morein's dismissal, Drexel looked into his complaint against Kalata
and concluded that the associate professor had done nothing wrong. Kalata,
through a university lawyer, declined to comment.

At a nonjury trial before Sylvester in 1999, Morein testified that Kalata in
1990 had posed a technical problem for him to study for his thesis. It
related to estimation theory.

Kalata, who did not appear at the trial, said in a 1998 deposition that a
Cherry Hill company for which he was a paid consultant, K-Tron
International, had asked him to develop an alternate estimation method for
it. The company manufactures bulk material feeders and conveyors used in
industrial processes.

Morein testified that, after much study, he experienced "a flash of
inspiration" and came up with a novel mathematical concept to address the
problem Kalata had presented.

Without his knowledge, Morein said, Kalata shared the idea with K-Tron.

K-Tron then applied for a patent, listing Kalata and Morein as co-inventors.

Morein said he agreed "under duress" to the arrangement, but felt "locked
into a highly disadvantageous situation." As a result, he testified, he
became alienated from Kalata.

As events unfolded, Kalata signed over his interest in the patent to K-Tron.
The company never capitalized on the technology and eventually allowed the
patent to lapse. No one made any money from it.

Because it was bogus. Even Kalata was mortified that he was a victim
of this SCAMSTER, Robert Morein.

In 1991, Morein went to the head of Drexel's electrical engineering
department, accused Kalata of appropriating his intellectual property, and
asked for a new faculty adviser.

The staff at Drexel laughed wildly at the ignorance of Robert Morein.

He didn't get one. Instead, a committee of four professors, including
Kalata, was formed to oversee Morein's thesis work.

Four years later, the committee dismissed him, saying he had failed to
complete his thesis.

So Morein ****s up his first couple years, gets new faculty advisers
(a TEAM), and then ****s up again! Brilliant!

Morein claimed that the committee intentionally had undermined him.

Morein makes LOTS of claims that are nonsense. One look thru the
usenet proves it.

Judge Sylvester agreed. In her ruling, Sylvester wrote: "It is this court's
opinion that the defendants were motivated by bad faith and ill will."

So much for political machine judges.

The U.S. Supreme Court receives 7,000 appeals a year and agrees to hear only
about 100 of them.

Hamburg, Drexel's attorney, is betting the high court will reject Morein's
appeal out of hand because its focal point - concerning a student's right to
intellectual property - was not central to the litigation in the
Pennsylvania courts.

Morein said he understands it's a long shot, but he feels he must pursue it.

Just like all the failed "causes" Morein pursues. Heck, he's been
chasing another "Brian McCarthy" for years and yet has ZERO impact on
anything.

Failure. Look it up in Websters. You'll see a picture of Robert
Morein. The poster boy for SCAMMING LOSERS.

"I had to seek closure," he said.

Without a doctorate, he said, he has been unable to pursue a career he had
hoped would lead him into research on artificial intelligence.

Who better to tell us about "artificial intelligence".
BWAAAAAAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

As it is, Morein lives at home with his father and makes a modest income
from stock investments. He has written a film script that he is trying to
make into a movie. And in the basement of his father's home he is working on
an invention, an industrial pump so powerful it could cut steel with a
bulletlike stream of water.

FAILED STUDENT
FAILED MOVIE MAKER
FAILED SCREENWRITER
FAILED INVESTOR
FAILED DRIVER
FAILED SON
FAILED PARENTS
FAILED INVENTOR
FAILED PLAINTIFF
FAILED HOMOSEXUAL
FAILED HUMAN
FAILED
FAILED

But none of it is what he had imagined for himself.

"I don't really have a replacement career," Morein said. "It's a very
gnawing thing.

Robert Morein

"Sylvan Morein" wrote in message
m...
In article t,
" wrote:

Mr. Morein:

How goes the FM Listening Survey?

My now-dead wife Jane used to make wonderful torte's for me and Bob.

Berry.
Lemon. Peach. Pennzoil. All the family favourites.

Sorry, Brian. You got it wrong. We are not dessert eaters, and have never
made desserts at home. We eat extremely simple food, with a lot of protein,
and we all exercise vigorously. We are not gourmets.

And the plural of "torte" is "tortes", not "torte's".

Robert Morein

" wrote in message
nk.net...

"Robert Morein" wrote in message

[snip]

Oops! Mikey lies again! Try "LieAlot Lozenges". They taste like ****,
and
they stick in your throat when you try to tell a Big One.

How many do you usually take in a day?

None, Mikey. Try a little truth serum on your pancakes. You'll be shocked to
hear what you say.

Robert Morein

"sam" wrote in message
" wrote

I'm getting tired of this discussion, Mike. Haven't we been all the

way
around it?

Only because you don't seem to want to acknowledge you have a claim with
no evidence.

What claim is that? The one you agree with?

Sam, you're arguing with something at the level of machine intelligence.
Mikey's mantra is that he must repeat this lie, because it helps him believe
he knows some little piece of valuable knowledge.
The world is littered with broken minds, mental machinery that belongs in a
dump, if it isn't already there.

Robert Morein

"EddieM" wrote in message

sam wrote
NYOB123 wrote

snip

I'm open to evidence, Arny has some...

What evidence are you referring to? That he's an angry person?

Except for Mikey, Sam, this subthread is a joy to go through.
Mikey is a nutball that is, in inexplicable way, a pleasure to read .

Well, sure. Horror is really big in theaters right now.

Robert Morein

"George M. Middius" cmndr [underscore] george [at] comcast [dot] net wrote
in message ...

Robert Morein said:

Mikey, you're doing it again. Pretending that someone "admits" something
that is to your advantage simply outlines that you are a fool of limited
intelligence.

Mickey learned that "debating trade" maneuver from the Krooborg. Did you
know Mickey thinks of the Krooborg as a "leader"? His word, not mine.

I'm sorry nothing can be done about your heredity.

If discriminating because of race makes you a racist, and discriminating
on sex makes you a sexist, why doesn't discriminating because of genetics
make you a geneticist?

Mickey's response: "Thank you for admitting you discriminate because of
genetics."

I see that Mikey is actually copying Arny's "diction".
Watching Dr. Strangelove's arm rise to the salute, I realize that the siren
of demagogery is in our genes.
Do the Krueger Youth sew "X"es on their arms?

Robert Morein

"ScottW" wrote in message

"Robert Morein" wrote in message

I'm sorry nothing can be done about your heredity.

Sounds rather bigoted to me.

ScottW

I'm sorry. Mikey is "special."

Robert Morein

" wrote in message
nk.net...

"George Middius" wrote in message

[snip]
I'm open to discussing anything for which there is evidence. Merely
speculating that there might be something we don't know about listening is
nothing but mental masturbation, and a pointless excercise.

The pro ABX side presents evidence, teh anti-ABX side presents rhetoric,
most of it pointlessly nasty.

Mikey, before Arny Krueger assembled his box out of second-rate parts,
cheapo sound card and undersized relays, people were talking about
differences they hear. He is a mere pseudoscientist, a poseur, a fraud, and
a charlatan. And that doesn't make all that has gone before false. It's as
true as it ever was, which means, as always, it's a mixture. What people
think and say about audio is a mixture of true, false, and imagination. But
you can't seem to get your head around a concept that isn't a simple "fact."

You chose to "follow" Arny because you are a born follower. You never had an
original thought in your head. And unfortunately, you picked the wrong
person to follow.

George M. Middius

DummyBorgJr whined:

I'm sorry nothing can be done about your heredity.

Sounds rather bigoted to me.

Yes, how terribly bigoted. We have to stamp out all this bigotry. God
knows we're all the same and there are no differences among us. We're all
equally smart, and equally talented, and equally musical, and equally
logical. Stop all that discriminatory thinking at once!

arny krueger

"Robert Morein" wrote in message

Mikey, before Arny Krueger assembled his box out of second-rate parts,
cheapo sound card and undersized relays, people were talking about
differences they hear.

Fact of the matter is that I assembled my first ABX box in the middle 1970s
when there were no sound cards - and not really any PCs, either.

The relays were far from being undersized -they were if anything oversized.

The parts were mostly mil-spec. For example all of the relays ran off of 28
volts DC, because that was the military standard at the time.

And that doesn't make all that has gone before false. It's as
true as it ever was, which means, as always, it's a mixture. What people
think and say about audio is a mixture of true, false, and imagination.
But
you can't seem to get your head around a concept that isn't a simple
"fact."

Muddled thinking, anybody?

arny krueger

"George M. Middius" cmndr [underscore] george [at] comcast [dot] net wrote
in message ...

Jon Yaeger said:

If any one knows
of a rebel, non-advertising audio magazine, please tell.

I don't think there is one, West. Why don't you start one?

He can't. He doesn't have the $30 per month for web hosting.

If Middius had a clue about web hosting, he'd know that for $30 one can have
a web site for about half a year.

http://hostony.com/

I wish that I would have Reaped the web site that Middius threw together for
Graham. It was a total train wreck, even as a parody of a train wreck!

paul packer

On Tue, 16 Aug 2005 09:53:36 -0400, "Arny Krueger"
wrote:

wrote in message
roups.com
Mike McKelvy said to John Atkinson:

You have yet to adequately address why your magazine has
zero oversight on things like Shakti Stones and Mpingo
disks, that make people laugh at you when you try to
claim any sort of crediblity. They are fraud, and
anyone with a shred of integrity would be offended to
let the glowing reviews that the dolts at SP penned ever
see light of day.

(Begin Dance here)

The "Atkinson Two-step"!

I wonder at Audiophools like Paul Packer and the rest of the
Middius dupes who don't seem to understand that SP's
economically efficacious promotion of snake oil like Shakti
Stones and Mpingo
disks, is based on how incredibly easy it is to manipulate
sighted evaluations.

Don't take my name in vain, Arnie. First, I'm not a Middius dupe, or a
Middius anything. Secondly I've never believed in anything more way
out than damping spurious vibrations in CD player cases. Over the
years I've laughed at most of the 'tweaks'; what you've mentioned
above I've never even heard of, and would no doubt laugh harder if I
had. Why accuse me of belief in hi-fi voodoo without a shred of
evidence?
George M. Middius

paul packer said:

Don't take my name in vain, Arnie. First, I'm not a Middius dupe, or a
Middius anything. Secondly I've never believed in anything more way
out than damping spurious vibrations in CD player cases. Over the
years I've laughed at most of the 'tweaks'; what you've mentioned
above I've never even heard of, and would no doubt laugh harder if I
had. Why accuse me of belief in hi-fi voodoo without a shred of
evidence?

Because Mr. Pocker its like you think you, can reject test's without any
sicccnecicctfic evadence. Thats called niavate. Thanks Mr. Picker for
admitting that you're against sicennece. LOt"S! ;-)

sam

"arny krueger" wrote

I wish that I would have Reaped the web site that Middius threw together
for Graham. It was a ... parody of a train wreck!

Thanks for admitting Mr Krooger, that your website was a train wreck.

paul packer

On Wed, 17 Aug 2005 07:40:12 -0400, George M. Middius cmndr

paul packer said:

Don't take my name in vain, Arnie. First, I'm not a Middius dupe, or a
Middius anything. Secondly I've never believed in anything more way
out than damping spurious vibrations in CD player cases. Over the
years I've laughed at most of the 'tweaks'; what you've mentioned
above I've never even heard of, and would no doubt laugh harder if I
had. Why accuse me of belief in hi-fi voodoo without a shred of
evidence?

Because Mr. Pocker its like you think you, can reject test's without any
sicccnecicctfic evadence. Thats called niavate. Thanks Mr. Picker for
admitting that you're against sicennece. LOt"S! ;-)

Nice impersonation, George.

John Atkinson

"John Atkinson" wrote in message
ups.com...

wrote:
"John Atkinson" wrote in message
oups.com...
So I ask again: your poor memory for your own actions
notwithstanding, why, in the face of the evidence that I haven't
done the things Arny accuses me of, do you cling to your faith
that Arny has never told a "flat-out lie"...

I won't comment on it until or unless I review the context of the
discussion.

What's to review?

Context. Look it up.

Okay, you've now had, what, two days to examine the context.
How about an answer to my question, Mr. McKelvy.

You made an an unambiguous, unqualified
statement that "Arny Krueger has never told a flat-out lie."

That I am awarre of.

Okay, as there is no factual evidence in the Google record
for the untrue statements Arny Krueger has made about me,
why are you relying on faith as support for your claim
that "Arny Krueger has never told a flat-out lie."

I have repeatedly offered you factual evidence that you were
incorrect. All you have left to support your position is your
unsupported faith in Mr. Krueger's honesty.

No comment from Mr. McKelvy. Not that it matters if it weren't
for Mr. McMkelvy's much-repeated statement that unlike those he
attacks, _he_ is the one who rejects faith and only relies on
hard evidence to form his opinions. Yet in this instance, _all_
he has to go on is faith.

why you can't hire people who won't get into screaming matches in
public, like Fremer did with Nousaine?

I am not aware of this happening, Mr. McKelvy. More faith-based
projection on your part, I suggest.

Fremer does work for you right? Did you ask him? Nousaine reported
it in the Audio Critic.

Can you give a reference, please.

Yes, Michael Fremer did get
into a shouting match with Arny Krueger at HE2005, but that
was because Mr. Krueger started screaming "Demonstration" at
the top of his voice, drowning out Mr. Fremer's reporting of
having achieved what he felt to be identification in a
blind test of amplifiers that took place at the 1988 AES
convention.

So Arny wanted proof, what a *******/

Michael was offering what he felt was proof. Arny Krueger
drowned out Michael's comments by repeatedly screaming
"demonstration" at which Michael also started screaming.

Anyway, come on Mr. McKelvy. You made an unambiguous claim,
against all the evidence in the Google record, that Arny
Krueger has never told a "flat-out lie." I ask again: why
do you cling to this belief in face of the evidence
that you were wrong?

John Atkinson
Editor, Stereophile

George Middius

John Atkinson said:

Anyway, come on Mr. McKelvy. You made an unambiguous claim,
against all the evidence in the Google record, that Arny
Krueger has never told a "flat-out lie." I ask again: why
do you cling to this belief in face of the evidence
that you were wrong?

Krooger just told another flat-out lie today when he Kroo-klaimed that I had
designed a website for Graham.

Maybe Mickey should have said that the Krooborg doesn't tell a flat-out lie in
every single post. That would at least appear to be true.

Robert Morein

wrote:
[...]

From
http://www.historylearningsite.co.uk...h_goebbels.htm
"If you tell a lie, tell a big one."
"When the Führer speaks it is like a divine service".

Robert Morein

"arny krueger" wrote in message

[...]

Realistic, not simplistic.

dave weil

On Wed, 17 Aug 2005 05:29:14 -0400, "arny krueger"
wrote:

I wish that I would have Reaped the web site that Middius threw together for
Graham. It was a total train wreck, even as a parody of a train wreck!

Thanks for admiting that your site is a "train wreck".
George M. Middius

paul packer said:

Why accuse me of belief in hi-fi voodoo without a shred of
evidence?

Because Mr. Pocker its like you think you, can reject test's without any
sicccnecicctfic evadence. Thats called niavate. Thanks Mr. Picker for
admitting that you're against sicennece. LOt"S! ;-)

Nice impersonation, George.

Thank you. Krooglish is pretty easy to mock. Try it and see. :-)

"Steven Sullivan" wrote in message
In rec.audio.opinion west wrote:
wrote in message
oups.com...
Mike McKelvy said to John Atkinson:

You have yet to adequately address why your magazine has zero
oversight

on
things like Shakti Stones and Mpingo disks, that make people laugh at

you
when you try to claim any sort of crediblity. They are fraud, and

anyone
with a shred of integrity would be offended to let the glowing
reviews

that
the dolts at SP penned ever see light of day.

Remember the days when Harry Pearson, et al, would say things like, "This
is
the same crap that XYZ has been putting out ..." I suppose money wins
out
in the end because you can't bite the hand that feeds you. If any one
knows
of a rebel, non-advertising audio magazine, please tell.
Cordially,
west

here you go:

http://www.theaudiocritic.com/cwo/Web_Zine/

Interesting article comparing Atkinson to Dr. Zaius, from Planet of the
Apes.

Arny Krueger

"paul packer" wrote in message
On Wed, 17 Aug 2005 07:40:12 -0400, George M. Middius cmndr
[underscore] george [at] comcast [dot] net wrote:

Because Mr. Pocker its like you think you, can reject test's without any
sicccnecicctfic evadence. Thats called niavate. Thanks Mr. Picker for
admitting that you're against sicennece. LOt"S! ;-)

Nice impersonation, George.

Nice suck-up job, Paul.

wrote:
"John Atkinson" wrote in message
oups.com...
So I ask again: your poor memory for your own actions
notwithstanding, why, in the face of the evidence that I haven't
done the things Arny accuses me of, do you cling to your faith
that Arny has never told a "flat-out lie"...

I won't comment on it until or unless I review the context of the
discussion.

What's to review?

Context. Look it up.

Okay, you've now had, what, two days to examine the context.
How about an answer to my question, Mr. McKelvy.

What makes you think I spend my free time, my liesure time trying to figure
out who's telling the truth.

You made an an unambiguous, unqualified
statement that "Arny Krueger has never told a flat-out lie."

That I am awarre of.

Okay, as there is no factual evidence in the Google record
for the untrue statements Arny Krueger has made about me,
why are you relying on faith as support for your claim
that "Arny Krueger has never told a flat-out lie."

I made that statement before you mentioned the alleged lies.
I don't see any reason to investigate your personal feud, at least not aty
this time, particularly since the only reason you bring it up is to take the
spotlight off yourself, and your con game magazine.

Bull****, he was offering an unsupported anedcote.

Arny Krueger
drowned out Michael's comments by repeatedly screaming
"demonstration" at which Michael also started screaming.

Fremer likes to scream when challenged. He doesn't handle the truth very
well.

When are you going to admit that you and all the other clowns at SP already
know that ABX is quite suitable for determing subtle differences and that in
most cases there really aren't any?

Shall we call you Dr. Zaius from now on?

Arny Krueger

" wrote in message
nk.net...

"Steven Sullivan" wrote in message

here you go:

http://www.theaudiocritic.com/cwo/Web_Zine/

Interesting article comparing Atkinson to Dr. Zaius, from Planet of the
Apes.

If you listen to Atkinson's and Middius' version of Science, it is clearly
from an alternative universe.

Sighted Listening tests - the same technology that gave us Green CD pens,
Shakti stones and Mpingo disks.

"Robert Morein" wrote in message

" wrote in message
nk.net...

"George Middius" wrote in message

[snip]
I'm open to discussing anything for which there is evidence. Merely
speculating that there might be something we don't know about listening
is
nothing but mental masturbation, and a pointless excercise.

The pro ABX side presents evidence, teh anti-ABX side presents rhetoric,
most of it pointlessly nasty.

Mikey, before Arny Krueger assembled his box out of second-rate parts,
cheapo sound card and undersized relays, people were talking about
differences they hear.

And he was one of them. He put the abx box together to prove that
differences DO exist, you ****ing moron.

He is a mere pseudoscientist, a poseur, a fraud, and
a charlatan. And that doesn't make all that has gone before false. It's as
true as it ever was, which means, as always, it's a mixture. What people
think and say about audio is a mixture of true, false, and imagination.
But
you can't seem to get your head around a concept that isn't a simple
"fact."

You can't seem to get your head around the fact that things either sound
different or not. There are reliable ways to discover if there are
differences, and one of them is ABX.

You chose to "follow" Arny because you are a born follower. You never had
an
original thought in your head. And unfortunately, you picked the wrong
person to follow.

A. I'm not following him, we simply agree on the validity of DBT's for
audio.
B. I have original thoughts all the time, just not about a hack like you.
C. You don't know science any better than you know the law or the size of
that telescope.

[...]

Many pieces of audio gear sound the same.
Realistic and simplistic, not to mention absolutely true.

"sam" wrote in message
" wrote

I'm getting tired of this discussion, Mike. Haven't we been all the way
around it?

Only because you don't seem to want to acknowledge you have a claim with
no evidence.

What claim is that? The one you agree with?

The one that there might be some unknown that affects human enjoyment of
audio.

"sam" wrote in message
" wrote

I'm getting tired of this discussion, Mike. Haven't we been all the

way
around it?
Only because you don't seem to want to acknowledge you have a claim
with
no evidence.

What claim is that? The one you agree with?

Sam, you're arguing with something at the level of machine intelligence.
Mikey's mantra is that he must repeat this lie, because it helps him
believe
he knows some little piece of valuable knowledge.
The world is littered with broken minds, mental machinery that belongs in
dump, if it isn't already there.

Could you put yourself out on the curb, we'll have you picked up and
disposed of, along with all the other anti-reason, audio trash.

"ScottW" wrote in message

"Robert Morein" wrote in message

I'm sorry nothing can be done about your heredity.

Sounds rather bigoted to me.

ScottW

I'm sorry. Mikey is "special."

The typical tactic from someone who already knows he's lost. Claim the
opponent is inferior or defective. Demean them and maybe it won't make you
feel like such an idiot, even though you've demonstrated repeatedly that you
are simply a sore loser.

Arny Krueger

"John Atkinson" wrote in message
ups.com...

I am not aware of this happening, Mr. McKelvy. More faith-based
projection on your part, I suggest. Yes, Michael Fremer did get
into a shouting match with Arny Krueger at HE2005, but that
was because Mr. Krueger started screaming "Demonstration" at
the top of his voice, drowning out Mr. Fremer's reporting of
having achieved what he felt to be identification in a
blind test of amplifiers that took place at the 1988 AES
convention.

Wow, and I was there. Such a convincing story.

Fremer was squealing loudly like a stuck pig, about that 17-year-old
demonstration. I only raised my voice so that I could hear myself speak.
Fremer's problem was that in any shouting match, the balance of vocal power
is likely to be on my side.

Anybody with a brain, who doesn't also read Fremer's Stereophile articles is
probably asking themselves why Fremer is such a captive of the distant past.
People who read Stereophile know the sad truth. It's how he is, and its how
Atkinson has been rewarding him for being.

Mike McKelvy said to the Slimey Limey:

snipped

I don't see any reason to investigate your personal feud [with Arny Krueger], at least not at
this time, particularly since the only reason you bring it up is to take the
spotlight off yourself, and your con game magazine.

So you noticed that, too, eh?

more snippage

When are you going to admit that you and all the other clowns at SP already
know that ABX is quite suitable for determing subtle differences and that in
most cases there really aren't any?

Any day now, I'm sure....

Shall we call you Dr. Zaius from now on?

Let's not slander the poor ape! ;-)

Arny Krueger

"Robert Morein" wrote in message

"arny krueger" wrote in message

"Robert Morein" blatantly lied in message

[...]

It's quite amazing how being caught in three lies in quick succession
doesn't phase you, Robert. How do you sear your conscience so thoroughly?

Arny Krueger

" wrote in message
nk.net...

I don't see any reason to investigate your personal feud, at least not at
this time, particularly since the only reason you bring it up is to take
the spotlight off yourself, and your con game magazine.

Good call.

John seems to want everybody to think that he's so gentle that butter won't
melt in his mouth. But he has shown his true personality in the past with
posts like this one:

http://groups.google.com/group/rec.a...74d1ae24a1ed78

"Except that I didn't deny accusing Mr. Krueger of plagiarism. Instead
I voiced my suspicion that Mr. Krueger is insane.

"Insane. Or at least delusional.

"Insane. Or at least someone who believes he can read minds.

"Insane

"Insane, Or at least paranoid.

"Perhaps dangerously paranoid.

George Middius

EnvyBorg turns green.

Nice impersonation, George.

Nice suck-up job, Paul.

Can anybody remember the last time somebody complimented Arnii for being clever?
Anybody? Anybody at all.....?

George Middius

Mickey, have you been chasing your cockroach platter with toad skins?

Arny Krueger
drowned out Michael's comments by repeatedly screaming
"demonstration" at which Michael also started screaming.

Fremer likes to scream when challenged. He doesn't handle
the truth very well.

Has anybody else noticed how difficult it is to predict the next impossibly
stupid thing Mikey will say? I swear, after he called the Krooborg a "leader", I
thought the limit had been reached. Then he called Arnii "supremely confident",
and I was flabbergasted. Then he topped that by claiming Arnii never lies, and I
nearly fell off my chair. Now Mikey tells us that the Krooborg's obnoxious
haranguing of Fremer was "the truth" and implies that Fremer is too sensitive
for reponding in kind.

Mickey, do you have any idea how you look to Normals? Seriously, do you?