Posted to rec.audio.opinion
John Atkinson[_2_] John Atkinson[_2_] is offline

Default Blind Cable Test at CES

On Jan 31, 10:59 am, "Arny Krueger" wrote:
"John Atkinson" wrote in

On Jan 31, 8:31 am, "Arny Krueger"
wrote:
Then we have John Atkinson's childish antics on RAO, his
own angry, ugly and childish outbursts...

it's odd that Google can't retrieve any of these
"antics" and "outbursts."

Been there John, done that...

Not really, Mr. Krueger, as you couldn't find or
give any references to so-called "childish antics"
and "childish outbursts" the last time I asked you
to substantiate your little trolls. Or the time before
that. Or the time before that...

And again I ask you, _what_ "behind-the-scenes"
activities of mine are you referring to?

John Atkinson
Editor, Stereophile

Posted to rec.audio.opinion
John Atkinson[_2_] John Atkinson[_2_] is offline

On Jan 31, 9:48 am, "Arny Krueger" wrote:
Google shows a varying size of Mercedes collection for Atkinson...

Why is what car I choose to drive even a matter of
concern to you, Mr. Krueger? That you even care
is somewhat creepy.

John Atkinson
Editor, Stereophile

Posted to rec.audio.opinion
George M. Middius George M. Middius is offline

Jenn said:

Not really, Mr. Krueger, as you couldn't find or
give any references ...

Sounds familiar.

As if you have a "debating trade" license. LOl! LOt"S! ;-)

Posted to rec.audio.opinion

John Atkinson said:

Google shows a varying size of Mercedes collection for Atkinson...

Why is what car I choose to drive even a matter of
concern to you, Mr. Krueger? That you even care
is somewhat creepy.

Pastor Krooborg is merely preparing his next sermon against the evil that
is Stereophile. Krooger will preach that a true audiophile doesn't care
about finery and the trappings of luxury. His drives home his point by
pointing at the your profligacy in acquiring expensive automobiles. The
True Path of Righteousness entails eschewing the Devil's temptations and
instead furnishing the proper anti-E.H.E.E. tools for innocent audiophile
children. How many aBxism boxes have you distributed to innocent
audiophile children, John? Therein lies your shame.

Posted to rec.audio.opinion
Arny Krueger Arny Krueger is offline

"Jenn" wrote in
message

In article
,
John Atkinson wrote:

On Jan 31, 10:59 am, "Arny Krueger"
wrote:
"John Atkinson" wrote in

On Jan 31, 8:31 am, "Arny Krueger"
wrote:
Then we have John Atkinson's childish antics on RAO,
his own angry, ugly and childish outbursts...

it's odd that Google can't retrieve any of these
"antics" and "outbursts."

Been there John, done that...

Not really, Mr. Krueger, as you couldn't find or
give any references ...

Sounds familiar.

Yes, I do get tired of trying to squeeze honesty out of people who have made
a life out of lying to themselves and others.

Posted to rec.audio.opinion
Arny Krueger Arny Krueger is offline

"John Atkinson" wrote in
message

On Jan 31, 9:48 am, "Arny Krueger"
wrote:
Google shows a varying size of Mercedes collection for
Atkinson...

Why is what car I choose to drive even a matter of
concern to you, Mr. Krueger? That you even care
is somewhat creepy.

One of these days John you'll be come self-aware enough to realize that you
too make comments for the purpose of effect, when you really care very
little about them. Or maybe not. ;-)

Posted to rec.audio.opinion
Jenn Jenn is offline

In article ,
"Arny Krueger" wrote:

"Jenn" wrote in
message

In article
,
John Atkinson wrote:

On Jan 31, 10:59 am, "Arny Krueger"
wrote:
"John Atkinson" wrote in
.
co
On Jan 31, 8:31 am, "Arny Krueger"
wrote:
Then we have John Atkinson's childish antics on RAO,
his own angry, ugly and childish outbursts...

it's odd that Google can't retrieve any of these
"antics" and "outbursts."

Been there John, done that...

Not really, Mr. Krueger, as you couldn't find or
give any references ...

Sounds familiar.

Yes, I do get tired of trying to squeeze honesty out of people who have made
a life out of lying to themselves and others.

Indeed, that can be difficult. For example: "Jenn, you're a liar."
"Prove it: show a lie that I've told." Followed by no proof. Or, "Then
we have Jon Atkinson's childish antics on RAO, his own angry, ugly and
childish outbursts.." "Show us." Followed by no proof. The silence is
deafening.
Posted to rec.audio.opinion

On Jan 31, 7:31*am, "Arny Krueger" wrote:
"Oliver Costich" wrote in
messagenews:m5u2q3l7obe0e5hjn0jksfnvv8pdno4ppa@4ax .com

On Wed, 30 Jan 2008 15:49:47 -0800 (PST), "Shhhh! I'm
Listening to Reason!" wrote:

On Jan 30, 10:48 am, Oliver Costich

On Jan 28, 10:55 pm, "Shhhh! I'm Listening to Reason!"
wrote:
On Jan 28, 11:50 pm, "ScottW"
wrote:

Actually, while Arny might be willing to argue
preference at times... the real issue of DBTs is
audibility.
Sure it is. As I've always said, researchers and
factories should do them.
What about equipment reviewers? Aren't they doing a
bit of comparative research? I think that would be a
value added and a significant credibility enhancer.

You have this odd situation where thousands of people base their purchase
decisions on articles written by these high end reviewers, and yet the
reviewers and publishers want to hide behind the fact that these articles
are just one man's opinion.

Hiding? Why, I'm sure they're cowering in fear! GOIA is on the case!

Only in so far as they provide measurements. The rest
of the review is one man's opinion, like a movie
review. It's entertainment, not research.

In the opinons of many, it is a flim-flam act, designed to sell equipment
for premium prices based on premium performance that is just an illusion.

People still send money to televangelists in buckets, GOIA, and far
more than all of the high-end audio segment grosses in its entirety.
Does this bother you? Are you on any religious groups decrying the
"flim-flam"?

Some here are not able to see that distinction. They
like to whine about how "dishonest" and "lacking
integrity" those equipment reviewers are because they do
not to the DBTs that some here demand.

Nice trashing of the truth. The desire for DBTs is more than just idle
demands, it is something that has been put into action on many occasiions.
A recent example of this is a JAES article that shows that major so-called
technological advances including DVD-A and SACD simply have no reliably
perceptible benefits.

Was this done by researchers? Factories? Or just somebody interested
in performing the tests?

DBTs have a place, GOIA. It just isn't at the average hobbyist level.

Compare and contrast that JAES article, scientific and peer-reviewed, to all
of the contrary opinion and pseudo-scientific testing that has been
published in the high end press.

If I was interested in that topic I would.

They may not be dishonest but they aren't worth much
either. You have to see it for yourself, like a movie.

Been there, done that.

Goody for you.
Posted to rec.audio.opinion
Arny Krueger Arny Krueger is offline

Default Green Pen Purgatory?

"John Atkinson" wrote in
message

On Jan 31, 10:28 am, "Norman M. Schwartz"
wrote:
Was it a _Stereophile_ writer that came up with the
green pen suggestion?

As best as I can remember, it was Victor Tiscareno, now
in charge of Apple's audio engineering department.

Talk about wrenching changes.

In his salad days Victor Tiscareno worked for AudioPrism and Mark Levinson's
Red Rose.

AFAIK the Apple audio product with his name on it is the so-called "Ipod
HiFi". This is a small vented box containing 3 tiny direct radiator
speakers, and powered by 6 D-cells.

It is not clear from Apple's technical data whether the 6 D-cells it ships
with have been enhanced with green pen lines or not. ;-)

Folks, we're talking mono bass and stereo by means of so-called full-range
drivers. At first blush, I expected it to be a Bose product. I kid you not!

Posted to rec.audio.opinion

On Jan 31, 9:09*am, John Atkinson wrote:
On Jan 31, 8:31 am, "Arny Krueger" wrote:

Then we have John Atkinson's childish antics on RAO, his own
angry, ugly and childish outbursts...

Oh dear *:-(

But it's odd that Google can't retrieve any of these "antics"
and "outbursts."

... and behind-the-scenes antics.

Ah yes, Arny Krueger's conspiracy theories raise
their paranoid head. _What_ *"behind-the-scenes
antics," Mr. Krueger? :-)

Even I know this one, JA: you deliberately sabotage PowerPoint
presentatiions.
Posted to rec.audio.opinion

On Jan 30, 10:17*pm, "ScottW" wrote:

Next ssshhhtard long harangue I bother to read in entirety.
20012.

You just don't understand what I have to say, 2pid.

That's because I use "words" and know their "meaning".

lol Lol LoL lOl LOL!
Posted to rec.audio.opinion
John Atkinson[_2_] John Atkinson[_2_] is offline

On Jan 31, 12:53 pm, "Arny Krueger" wrote:
"John Atkinson" wrote in

On Jan 31, 9:48 am, "Arny Krueger"
wrote:
Google shows a varying size of Mercedes collection for
Atkinson...

Why is what car I choose to drive even a matter of
concern to you, Mr. Krueger? That you even care
is somewhat creepy.

One of these days John you'll be come self-aware
enough to realize that you too make comments for
the purpose of effect, when you really care very
little about them.

So you posted these messages about the cars I
drive "for the purpose of effect," Mr. Krueger? Did
it have the desired effect? You really do have too
much time on your hands, I guess, if you care to
post such trolls.

John Atkinson
Editor, Stereophile

Posted to rec.audio.opinion

"Arny Krueger" wrote:
Yes, I do get tired of trying to squeeze honesty out of
people who have made a life out of lying to themselves
and others.

Indeed, that can be difficult. For example: "Jenn,
you're a liar." "Prove it: show a lie that I've told."

A query that I've responded to before with adequate proof, and that you just
shrugged off.

It's either just Jenn trolling, or its Jenn being her usual
out-of-touch-with-herself self.

Jenn, prove that I've sloughed off every such request. If you can't do that,
together with this powe we have more proof that you're up to your usual
deceptive activities.

Posted to rec.audio.opinion
Arny Krueger Arny Krueger is offline

"John Atkinson" wrote in
message

On Jan 31, 12:53 pm, "Arny Krueger"
wrote:
"John Atkinson" wrote in

On Jan 31, 9:48 am, "Arny Krueger"
wrote:
Google shows a varying size of Mercedes collection for
Atkinson...

Why is what car I choose to drive even a matter of
concern to you, Mr. Krueger? That you even care
is somewhat creepy.

One of these days John you'll be come self-aware
enough to realize that you too make comments for
the purpose of effect, when you really care very
little about them.

So you posted these messages about the cars I
drive "for the purpose of effect," Mr. Krueger?

Doooh!

Did it have the desired effect?

yup! ;-)

You really do have too much time on your hands, I guess, if you care to
post such trolls.

People who respond to such trolls, and then whine about people who have the
time to waste making such trolls, have serious self-awareness problems.

Posted to rec.audio.opinion
Jenn Jenn is offline

In article ,
"Arny Krueger" wrote:

"Jenn" wrote in
message

In article ,
"Arny Krueger" wrote:
Yes, I do get tired of trying to squeeze honesty out of
people who have made a life out of lying to themselves
and others.

Indeed, that can be difficult. For example: "Jenn,
you're a liar." "Prove it: show a lie that I've told."

A query that I've responded to before with adequate proof, and that you just
shrugged off.

No, you keep saying that you have, but you never have.

Jenn, prove that I've sloughed off every such request.

OK: You've never posted an example of me lying, and you haven't posted
proof of JA's "angry, ugly, and childish" outbursts.

There, that was easy.
Posted to rec.audio.opinion
Jenn Jenn is offline

In article ,
"Arny Krueger" wrote:

"John Atkinson" wrote in
message

On Jan 31, 12:53 pm, "Arny Krueger"
wrote:
"John Atkinson" wrote in

On Jan 31, 9:48 am, "Arny Krueger"
wrote:
Google shows a varying size of Mercedes collection for
Atkinson...

Why is what car I choose to drive even a matter of
concern to you, Mr. Krueger? That you even care
is somewhat creepy.

One of these days John you'll be come self-aware
enough to realize that you too make comments for
the purpose of effect, when you really care very
little about them.

So you posted these messages about the cars I
drive "for the purpose of effect," Mr. Krueger?

Doooh!

Did it have the desired effect?

yup! ;-)

You really do have too much time on your hands, I guess, if you care to
post such trolls.

People who respond to such trolls, and then whine about people who have the
time to waste making such trolls, have serious self-awareness problems.

Well, "at least" you admit that you are trolling.
Posted to rec.audio.opinion

On Jan 31, 6:06*am, John Atkinson wrote:
On Jan 30, 11:00 pm, "ScottW" wrote:

*It would appear based on internet groups and various
forums that a large number not only don't appreciate
what you do, but despise it.

Oh dear. :-(

Don't worry. It's only 2pid.

Posted to rec.audio.opinion
Norman M. Schwartz Norman M. Schwartz is offline

"John Atkinson" wrote in message
On Jan 31, 10:28 am, "Norman M. Schwartz" wrote:
Was it a _Stereophile_ writer that came up with the green pen suggestion?

As best as I can remember, it was Victor Tiscareno, now
in charge of Apple's audio engineering department.

I couldn't find his name by searching Stereophile's website, therefore I
assume he was never a contributor to the Magazine. Be that so, then unlike
the Armor All story which IIRC did originate in the magazine, the green pen
bit hasn't got any bearing on whether or not Stereophile is 'entertaining'.

John Atkinson
Editor, Stereophile

Posted to rec.audio.opinion
Arny Krueger Arny Krueger is offline

"Jenn" wrote in
message

In article ,
"Arny Krueger" wrote:

"Jenn" wrote in
message

In article
, "Arny
Krueger" wrote:
Yes, I do get tired of trying to squeeze honesty out of
people who have made a life out of lying to themselves
and others.

Indeed, that can be difficult. For example: "Jenn,
you're a liar." "Prove it: show a lie that I've told."

A query that I've responded to before with adequate
proof, and that you just shrugged off.

No, you keep saying that you have, but you never have.

Jenn, prove that I've sloughed off every such request.

OK: You've never posted an example of me lying, and you
haven't posted proof of JA's "angry, ugly, and childish"
outbursts.

There, that was easy.

Way to hard for nothing, which is what you have proven.

OK Jenn, now we have good reason to doubt something about you, either your
sincerity, understanding of what constitutes proof, or basic intelligence.

Posted to rec.audio.opinion
Arny Krueger Arny Krueger is offline

"Jenn" wrote in
message

In article ,
"Arny Krueger" wrote:

"John Atkinson" wrote in
message

On Jan 31, 12:53 pm, "Arny Krueger"
wrote:
"John Atkinson" wrote in

On Jan 31, 9:48 am, "Arny Krueger"
wrote:
[...]

I claim that I've even occasionaly raised trolling to a fairly productive
level. I think that Usenet should keep a gallery of people who have trolled
Usenet for valuable consideration, such as an expenses-paid trip to NYC.

Posted to rec.audio.opinion
Arny Krueger Arny Krueger is offline

"John Atkinson" wrote in
message

On Jan 31, 10:59 am, "Arny Krueger"
wrote:
"John Atkinson" wrote in

On Jan 31, 8:31 am, "Arny Krueger"
wrote:
Then we have John Atkinson's childish antics on RAO,
his own angry, ugly and childish outbursts...

it's odd that Google can't retrieve any of these
"antics" and "outbursts."

Been there John, done that...

Not really, Mr. Krueger, as you couldn't find or
give any references to so-called "childish antics"
and "childish outbursts" the last time I asked you
to substantiate your little trolls. Or the time before
that. Or the time before that...

And again I ask you, _what_ "behind-the-scenes"
activities of mine are you referring to?

Can't say here, because then they wouldn't be behind-the-scenes. ;-)

Posted to rec.audio.opinion
Jenn Jenn is offline

In article ,
"Arny Krueger" wrote:

"Jenn" wrote in
message

In article ,
"Arny Krueger" wrote:

"Jenn" wrote in
message
.
net
In article
, "Arny
Krueger" wrote:
Yes, I do get tired of trying to squeeze honesty out of
people who have made a life out of lying to themselves
and others.

Indeed, that can be difficult. For example: "Jenn,
you're a liar." "Prove it: show a lie that I've told."

A query that I've responded to before with adequate
proof, and that you just shrugged off.

No, you keep saying that you have, but you never have.

Jenn, prove that I've sloughed off every such request.

OK: You've never posted an example of me lying, and you
haven't posted proof of JA's "angry, ugly, and childish"
outbursts.

There, that was easy.

Way to hard for nothing, which is what you have proven.

OK Jenn, now we have good reason to doubt something about you, either your
sincerity, understanding of what constitutes proof, or basic intelligence.

Ah! The standard snot!

You asked for proof. I supplied proof. There are no examples of me
lying. You've never produced one, and you never will. Maybe it just a
mistake on your part. If you wish to apologize, I will accept it.
Posted to rec.audio.opinion

wrote:
Was it a _Stereophile_ writer that came up with the
green pen suggestion?

As best as I can remember, it was Victor Tiscareno, now
in charge of Apple's audio engineering department.

I couldn't find his name by searching Stereophile's
website,

Then google was lying to you Mr. Schwartz, because Live Search got me
several hits there.

therefore I assume he was never a contributor to the Magazine.

Not as a formal contributor, but as vendor staff. You know how important
vendors are to SP, no?

Be that so, then unlike the Armor All story
which IIRC did originate in the magazine, the green pen
bit hasn't got any bearing on whether or not Stereophile
is 'entertaining'.

I think of Stereophile as more of a source of valuable consideration than
entertainment. ;-)

Posted to rec.audio.opinion

On Jan 31, 11:51*am, "Arny Krueger" wrote:

Yes, I do get tired of trying to squeeze honesty out of people who have made
a life out of lying to themselves and others.

"Lying" in the sense that Ebert "lies".

Posted to rec.audio.opinion

On Jan 31, 12:41*pm, "Arny Krueger" wrote:

I claim that I've even occasionaly raised trolling to a fairly productive
level. I think that Usenet should keep a gallery of people who have trolled
Usenet for valuable consideration, such as an expenses-paid trip to NYC.

So you've now admitted that you weren't there for anything "serious",
yet you still whine about how you were treated, "secret" torpedoing,
etc.

Why is that?
Posted to rec.audio.opinion

On Jan 31, 12:46 pm, "Arny Krueger" wrote:

I think of Stereophile as more of a source of valuable consideration than
entertainment. ;-)

I presume that you're aware of how boring we all find your admissions
of how cheaply you whored yourself.

Most people would hold out for a trip to Aruba or some other more
exotic destination before selling their 'integrity'. I can get a
weekend to NYC with airfare and two nights at a hotel for under
$500.00.

But I do admire your 'honesty', GOIA. This places you on the RAO all-
time honor roll for embarrassing personal admissions, right up next to
2pid admitting that he licks dog balls.
Posted to rec.audio.opinion
John Atkinson[_2_] John Atkinson[_2_] is offline

On Jan 31, 1:32 pm, Jenn wrote:
In article ,
"Arny Krueger" wrote:
John Atkinson wrote:
You really do have too much time on your hands, I guess,
if you care to post such trolls.

People who respond to such trolls, and then whine about people who have the
time to waste making such trolls, have serious self-awareness problems.

Well, "at least" you admit that you are trolling.

Quite an extraordinary admission for Arny Krueger to
make, Jenn. I find it creepy to realize that Mr. Krueger
has been squatting on an inconsequential piece of
personal information -- what cars I drive -- for several
years, wairing to use it as a troll, as he admitted he
did today. Ugh!

John Atkinson
Editor, Stereophile

Posted to rec.audio.opinion
Arny Krueger Arny Krueger is offline

"John Atkinson" wrote in
message

On Jan 31, 1:32 pm, Jenn
wrote:

In article
, "Arny
Krueger" wrote:

John Atkinson wrote:

You really do have too much time on your hands, I
guess, if you care to post such trolls.

People who respond to such trolls, and then whine about
people who have the time to waste making such trolls,
have serious self-awareness problems.

Non-responsive post number one:

Well, "at least" you admit that you are trolling.

Non-responsive post number two:

Quite an extraordinary admission for Arny Krueger to
make, Jenn.

What admission, Atkinson? Whatever it was, it seems to have been edited out.

I find it creepy to realize that Mr. Krueger
has been squatting on an inconsequential piece of
personal information -- what cars I drive -- for several
years,

What are you free-associating about, John?

What I said was:

"A far as John's cars go, I only know what I read which could easily be very
out-of-date."

Nothing there about squatting on information, right?

wairing to use it as a troll, as he admitted he
did today. Ugh!

Wairing? Waring? Does he post here any more?

Posted to rec.audio.opinion

On Jan 31, 5:46*pm, "Arny Krueger" wrote:
"John Atkinson" wrote in

wairing to use it as a troll, as he admitted he
did today. Ugh!

Wairing? *Waring? Does he post here any more?

Yuck, yuck.

Good one, GOIA. You've been studying 2pid's posting style and just
waiting to use it.

I feel so sleepy...

Posted to rec.audio.opinion
Norman M. Schwartz Norman M. Schwartz is offline

. ..

wrote:
Was it a _Stereophile_ writer that came up with the
green pen suggestion?

As best as I can remember, it was Victor Tiscareno, now
in charge of Apple's audio engineering department.

I couldn't find his name by searching Stereophile's
website,

Then google was lying to you Mr. Schwartz, because Live Search got me
several hits there.

Mr Krueger, thanks for that information.

therefore I assume he was never a contributor to the Magazine.

Not as a formal contributor, but as vendor staff. You know how important
vendors are to SP, no?

I'm sorry to say that I don't know what "vendor staff" means or implies.

Be that so, then unlike the Armor All story
which IIRC did originate in the magazine, the green pen
bit hasn't got any bearing on whether or not Stereophile
is 'entertaining'.

I think of Stereophile as more of a source of valuable consideration than
entertainment. ;-)

I haven't been interested in, and therefore not following the happenings and
equipment of the digital era, so there's little or no value in my reading
any of the "high-end" periodicals. Once in a while I audition the speaker
line which I prefer and if I don't (or at my age, can't) hear anything which
I feel I'm missing, it's 'case closed' for me.

Posted to rec.audio.opinion
[email protected] vinylanach@aol.com is offline

On Jan 31, 9:01�am, "Arny Krueger" wrote:
I only know what I read which could easily be very
out-of-date.

That's the story of your life, douchebag.

Boon