Pressure Rollers

Old November 6th 13, 10:31 PM posted to rec.audio.pro
mcp6453[_2_]

Default Pressure Rollers

What's the name of the company that will remanufacture pressure rollers for tape
decks?
Old November 6th 13, 10:40 PM posted to rec.audio.pro
polymod

"mcp6453" > wrote in message
> What's the name of the company that will remanufacture pressure rollers
> for tape
> decks?

http://www.terrysrubberrollers.com/

Not sure it this is the one you're thinking of.

Poly

Old November 7th 13, 12:20 AM posted to rec.audio.pro

polymod > wrote:
>"mcp6453" > wrote in message
m...
>> What's the name of the company that will remanufacture pressure rollers
>> for tape
>> decks?

>http://www.terrysrubberrollers.com/
>
>Not sure it this is the one you're thinking of.

There are several companies recapping rubber rollers. I am personally not
a fan of Terry's.

If you do a google search on "ampex mailing list parts sources" you should
be able to find the Ampex list directory of parts suppliers which will
include a couple rubber recaping companies.
Old November 7th 13, 01:44 AM posted to rec.audio.pro
hank alrich

polymod > wrote:

> "mcp6453" > wrote in message
> > What's the name of the company that will remanufacture pressure rollers
> > for tape
> > decks?

> http://www.terrysrubberrollers.com/
>
> Not sure it this is the one you're thinking of.
>
> Poly

Another potential source:

http://www.athan.com/

--
shut up and play your guitar * HankAlrich.Com
HankandShaidriMusic.Com
Old November 7th 13, 03:00 PM posted to rec.audio.pro
James Perrett[_4_]

On Thu, 07 Nov 2013 01:44:45 -0000, hank alrich > wrote:

> polymod > wrote:
>
>> "mcp6453" > wrote in message
>> > What's the name of the company that will remanufacture pressure

>> rollers
>> > for tape
>> > decks?

>> http://www.terrysrubberrollers.com/
>>
>> Not sure it this is the one you're thinking of.
>>
>> Poly

> Another potential source:
>
> http://www.athan.com/

And another source for certain machines is

http://www.precisionmotorworks.com/

--
JRP Music - Audio restoration and mastering - http://www.jrpmusic.net