Posted to rec.audio.pro
geek

Default Gang Of Four!

Wow. I haven't heard the stuff in it's original form, but the new album
"Return The Gift" is great!!! Such great feel. Great grooves. Nice
recording. I can think of about 20 new bands moving a lot of units right now
that should take a listen and then head back to the woodshed.

Seriously, if you get a chance, check it out. I can't stop listening.

m.

--

mikerekka at hotmail dot com hates spam

Posted to rec.audio.pro
Bob

then you should definitely check out Entertainment! , their first album.
Tell you what, saw these guys performing live a couple of months (!) ago and
they were still f*cking bril'.

regards,
Bob

"geek" schreef in bericht
Wow. I haven't heard the stuff in it's original form, but the new album
"Return The Gift" is great!!! Such great feel. Great grooves. Nice
recording. I can think of about 20 new bands moving a lot of units right

now
that should take a listen and then head back to the woodshed.

Seriously, if you get a chance, check it out. I can't stop listening.

m.

--

mikerekka at hotmail dot com hates spam

Posted to rec.audio.pro
TJ Hertz

"Bob" wrote in message
then you should definitely check out Entertainment! , their first album.
Tell you what, saw these guys performing live a couple of months (!) ago
and
they were still f*cking bril'.

regards,
Bob

If I had a penny for every indie kid who loves Bloc Party (or Razorlight, or
Franz Ferdinand etc etc) and has never heard of Gang of Four... or loves the
Futureheads and wouldn't know a Devo song if it fell into his beer....

TJ

Posted to rec.audio.pro
Bob

and may I add (at the danger of being called old fart, which in fact I
am)...can't beat the real thing!
Now that we're discussing GO4...they will (or have) re-record old
tracks...to make 'm 2005 proof; we all know what that means :-(
To my ears, Entertainment! was/is sounding GREAT (even though I have the
original LP from the late seventies and it has been played a bit more more
then one time!)
all the best,
Bob

"TJ Hertz" schreef in bericht
"Bob" wrote in message
then you should definitely check out Entertainment! , their first album.
Tell you what, saw these guys performing live a couple of months (!) ago
and
they were still f*cking bril'.

regards,
Bob

If I had a penny for every indie kid who loves Bloc Party (or Razorlight,

or
Franz Ferdinand etc etc) and has never heard of Gang of Four... or loves

the
Futureheads and wouldn't know a Devo song if it fell into his beer....

TJ

Posted to rec.audio.pro
geek

Actually, the "do over" album is the one that I'm talking about. It's called
"Return The Gift" and it's great! Since my original post I've sought out the
originals of the songs and, although great, this new look really does them
justice. If you told me that a band was going to re-record their classics to
make them "2005 proof" I would shudder (imagine the Stones re-doing Sticky
Fingers today??!?!?, or if The Beatles, say, stripped down one of their
albums and tried to.... sorry, forget it), but these guys really pull it off
and make the stuff sound like it was written last week. So refreshing. The
Franz-razor-heads bands should be embarrassed.

m.

http://www.gangoffour.us/
--

"Bob" wrote in message
then you should definitely check out Entertainment! , their first
album.
Tell you what, saw these guys performing live a couple of months (!)
ago
and
they were still f*cking bril'.

regards,
Bob

If I had a penny for every indie kid who loves Bloc Party (or Razorlight,

or
Franz Ferdinand etc etc) and has never heard of Gang of Four... or loves

the
Futureheads and wouldn't know a Devo song if it fell into his beer....

TJ

Posted to rec.audio.pro
Bob

now you've made me interested in hearing the new recordings after all!
regards,
Bob