Tim

Default Can anyone help me with a pair of mystery Wharfedale boxes please?

Hi,

I'd appreciate anyone's help identifying some mystery Wharfedale boxes
I've inherited.

There are two heavy duty speaker boxes, each with a single driver
attached to an internal board. There is no speaker grille on either of
them, just a pair of tubes on one end of each box.

One of these boxes has a "Tobysound" logo as well as the Wharfedale
marque.

One of the boxes has a load of electronic components inside along with
the driver, the other appears to be wired direct from the external
connectors to the driver unit.

I've spent ages searching on web sites and in groups, but I haven't
been able to find out anything at all about them.

I have some photographs I could email out if anyone is interested.

Any help with identifying what these boxes are would be greatly
appreciated.

Kind regards,

Tim

Jim Gregory

It may help us to ID the cabs if you first let us see the pix.

Tim

Thanks for the advice Jim. I'll try to get some pics online this weekend.

It may help us to ID the cabs if you first let us see the pix.

Kurt Albershardt

Tim wrote:
Here are a couple of pictures of the mystery boxes:
http://members.aol.com/burstontim/

That is a bandpass subwoofer for a small sub/sat system. It has a
passive crossover built in.

Scott Dorsey

Tim wrote:
Here are a couple of pictures of the mystery boxes:

http://members.aol.com/burstontim/

This looks like a bandpass subwoofer intended for a consumer grade
sound system. The crossover is built into the box. Signal goes
into the inputs (from the right and left channel of the amp), and
then there is a high-passed output from the other four channel to
drive the satellites.

The crossover frequency is going to be dependant on the load so it
may not work very well with any other satellites.

Call Tobysound in Glasgow and see if they can identify the satellites
they are intended to go with.

The other unit (without the crossover in it) is probably similar but
intended to be driven from an amp with an active crossover.