Marc

Default Scott 222C Amp-Power Transformer/Schematic Questions Please!

(I am a novice, so please bear with me if I do not use the correct
terminology)

I recently purchased a Scott 222C Amplifier that flows fuses.
(obviously a short
somewhere) (also, given the amount of dust, I doubt that anyone has
ever tinkered with this amp-at least not lately) All components appear
to be original.

I searched the web and downloaded a copy of the Scott 222c schematic
(see url below), but my 222c power transformer layout more closely
resembles the 299b schematic. (also see url below)

My power transformer is marked: T12-3-1 352139.

The power transformer that is shown in the 222c schematic appears to
be completely different than the one that is mounted in my 222c.

Also, according to another (Scott amp specs)url: the transformer that
is supposed to be in my 222c is a TR-12-3-2. (also see url below) Also
referring to this same url, the T12-3-1 transformer is used in the
299, 299b, and in the LK-47, NOT in the 222c.

The tube complement in my 222c is:
one 5ar4
two 6GH8
four 12ax7
four 7189
____

So, my question(s):

could this amp possibly be a 299b with a 222c faceplate?

or

Could this amp possibly be a generation of 222c (engineering changes,
etc)?

Can someone point me in the direction of a url that might have the
proper schematic?

If someone knows, or has ANY clue as to what I am dealing with, please
feel free to comment.

Thank you in advance for any comments or suggestions.

Scott 222c schematic url:
http://www.hhscott.com/pdf/fs/222C-C1.JPG
Scott 299b schematic url:

http://www.hhscott.com/pdf/sd/299B_3_4s.JPG
Scott amp specs url:
http://users.rcn.com/jbyrns/AmpSpecs.html
Jon Yaeger

Chances are that one of the electrolytic filter caps is shorted.

Jon