Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to rec.audio.tech
Julian Macassey Julian Macassey is offline

Default PCM Stereo or DTS HELP

On Sat, 26 Dec 2015 17:17:23 -0800, Kevin McMurtrie
Julian Macassey wrote:

Choose Stereo good for people with two ears.

5.1 and 7.1 don't downmix to stereo well.

5.1 and 7.1 don't give you what it says on the tin unless
you have decent (not little box) speakers and you place the
listeners in the middle, which is not what I tend to see when I
visit homes that have the whole "Home theater" set up.

Stero works well in less ideal conditions, using decent
speakers placed well. But, your friends may sneer at you.

I predict we will soon have 9.1, speakers added the way
razor manufacturers stack blades. One blade will shave hair, but
two are twice as good. I note I can if I desire buy a six blade
razor, of course it costs more than a single blade razor, but it
does have six blades.

--
"Ouais benh ça c'est suisse et c'est précis, très précis." -
"Jules" in the 1981 French movie "Diva".