Default Good Marching Band Recordings

I am wanting to know what recordings of military and rah-rah music by
legitimate marching bands-military or drum corps- are out there and
some opinions as to their merits.

Jenn

The best recordings of MARCHES (not marching band) are by the Eastman
Wind Ensemble and those conducted by Keith Brion on Naxos. The
recordings by the President's Own Band are also good; again, recordings
of marches, not marching band. In my experience, there ARE no good
recordings of marching bands, except available from colleges directly.
For drum corps, I imagine DCI would have the best.

Jenn, who is trying to conduct her way through all of Sousa's marches
before she dies

Clyde Slick

"GeoSynch" wrote in message
link.net...
wrote:

I am wanting to know what recordings of military and rah-rah music by
legitimate marching bands...

Don McLean "American Pie"

Eight for five just doesn't work with that.

In my experience, military music is performed well only by ensembles
who have paid the price. It's payable only in one currency: shoe
leather.

Clyde Slick

wrote in message
oups.com...
In my experience, military music is performed well only by ensembles
who have paid the price. It's payable only in one currency: shoe
leather.

Same for military cooking. Shoe leather.

Arny Krueger

Clyde Slick wrote:
wrote in message
oups.com...
In my experience, military music is performed well only by

ensembles
who have paid the price. It's payable only in one currency: shoe
leather.

Same for military cooking. Shoe leather.

The voice of inexperience.

I have eaten at the chow halls of all four armed services (yeah, I
know there's a Coast Guard too, but I never was on a CG base) and can
report the Air Force and Navy have good chow, the Marines so-so, and US
Army is the worst. However this is over roughly a fifteen year period,
and not a great number of visits.