Posted to rec.audio.high-end
Peter Peter is offline

Default Tube Output CD Players

I wonder if anyone might have some personal recommendations for "currently
available" CD players with a tube output section?

Unfortunately the highly rated Cary 303/300 CD player with its "dual" output
stage, i.e. both tube and solid state (user selectable), has been
discontinued. I wonder why?

The Jolida JD100A is still available, but so many companies offer updates
for this unit, that one must wonder how good the original design is.

There are European and Chinese models such as the "Lector CDP 6", the "Grant
CD-327A", and the "Shenda SD 100" but I cannot find out anything about their
performance, and what kind of companies stand behind them in the United
States if service is ever required.

I will be most grateful for any suggestions, and especially for personal
experiences with such CD players.

Thanks in advance.
Posted to rec.audio.high-end
Codifus Codifus is offline

On Mar 11, 10:29*am, "Peter"
wrote:
I wonder if anyone might have some personal recommendations for "currently
available" CD players with a tube output section?

Unfortunately the highly rated Cary 303/300 CD player with its "dual" output
stage, i.e. both tube and solid state (user selectable), has been
discontinued. *I wonder why?

The Jolida JD100A is still available, but so many companies offer updates
for this unit, that one must wonder how good the original design is.

There are European and Chinese models such as the "Lector CDP 6", the "Grant
CD-327A", and the "Shenda SD 100" but I cannot find out anything about their
performance, and what kind of companies stand behind them in the United
States if service is ever required.

I will be most grateful for any suggestions, and especially for personal
experiences with such CD players.

Thanks in advance.

With the evolution of high quality DACs, CD players are making the
move towards obsolescence. Esoterics type CD players such as the tube
type players will become even harder to find.

I would suggest you jump into the new wave and get any reasonable CD
player with a digi out and put your money into a nice DAC. Here are
some tube based DACs that you may find to your liking;

http://www.usbdacs.com/

CD