Posted to alt.music.mp3,rec.audio.opinion
ship ship is offline

Default What is best MP3 player? (with no headset wires & no iTunes ! )

Hi

Which MP3 player should I buy?

I want something that:

- is small and light. (10 or 20 hours of playing time would probably
suffice)
- NOT force me to use iTunes
- has an intuitive intervace (that works well with Windows XP)
- colour screen
- very high quality sound (for classical/accoustic music)
- Bluetooth headset without wires (if quality will not suffer)
- Must work with Windows (allowing me to transfer files from work)

My pet hate is iTunes. I find it TOTALLY non-intuitive. Plus I connect
my MP3
player to two different PCs (to transfer work documents between home
and office)
and if you hit the wrong button on iTunes it will erase your entire
music collection
on both machines!

I already have a MP3 player inside my mobile phone (HTC TyTN 2 /
branded as
Vodaphone v1516). I think it has 2GB memory card inside it - but I
think it can
be increased...

Maybe all I need is a pair of top quality bluetooth headphones and a
bit more
memory in my phone (??)

- Any thoughts?

With thanks

Ship
Shiperton Henethe

Posted to alt.music.mp3,rec.audio.opinion
ship ship is offline

Ship,
* * I have an HTC MDA. It works fine as a player. Your TYTN requires one of
these:http://www.expansys.com/htc/p_htc_item.aspx?i=155069

Bob Morein

Hi Bob

- Are they better than the headphones that come with the HTC TYTN II ?
- I was thinking about bluetooth (because wires end up getting tied in
knots and being SUCH a pain!)
but will the audio quality suffer badly for music use?

Ship
Shiperton Henethe
Posted to alt.music.mp3,rec.audio.opinion
ship ship is offline

On Aug 7, 8:19*pm, "Soundhaspriority" wrote:
"ship" wrote in message

Ship,
I have an HTC MDA. It works fine as a player. Your TYTN requires one of
these:http://www.expansys.com/htc/p_htc_item.aspx?i=155069

Bob Morein

Hi Bob

- Are they better than the headphones that come with the HTC TYTN II ?
- I was thinking about bluetooth (because wires end up getting tied in
knots and being SUCH a pain!)
* but will the audio quality suffer badly for music use?

Ship
Shiperton Henethe
---------------------------------------------------------------------------*-----------------------
I understand your concern. I think the ear buds plug into the volume control
box with a standard 3.5 mm plug. So you can substitute better buds. The
Sennheiser CX300 is superb:

http://www.sennheiser.com/sennheiser...t.html?ReadFor...

These sound better than any Bluetooth solution. But if you want Bluetooth,
fine, seehttp://www.bluetomorrow.com/content/section/233/345/

Hi Bob

Thanks.
Out of interest is there likely to be much difference in sound quality
between
the output of an HTC TyTN II and an Apple iPod?

Ship

Posted to alt.music.mp3,rec.audio.opinion
ship ship is offline

Hi Bob

Thanks.
Out of interest is there likely to be much difference in sound quality
between
the output of an HTC TyTN II and an Apple iPod?

P.S.
The CX300 claim to have "High attenuation of ambient noise" - I
presume
that is just due to the physical design, yes?

But that does remind me that some of the more expensive headsets
actually
have background noise *cancellation*. (e.g. the JawBone things from
Aliph)

Can you recommend anything good quality that does that does that?
(it must be a stereo headset - microphone entirely optional, btw !)

Ship

Posted to alt.music.mp3,rec.audio.opinion
ship ship is offline

On Aug 7, 8:33*pm, ship wrote:
Hi Bob

Thanks.
Out of interest is there likely to be much difference in sound quality
between
the output of an HTC TyTN II and an Apple iPod?

P.S.
The CX300 claim to have "High attenuation of ambient noise" - I
presume
that is just due to the physical design, yes?

But that does remind me that some of *the more expensive headsets
actually
have background noise *cancellation*. (e.g. the JawBone things from
Aliph)

Can you recommend anything good quality that does that does that?
(it must be a stereo headset - microphone entirely optional, btw !)

Ship

Sorry cancel the stuff about the Jawbone that just cancels external
noise as it records using the microphone.

I was thinking about something like the Bose QuietComfort 3
(except that they are rather bulky as well as being super-expensive)
How's about the
Sennheiser PXC-300 - a bit pricey - but would they work with
my HTC TyTN II phone ? (How do I find out btw!?)

Ship

Posted to alt.music.mp3,rec.audio.opinion
Spooooool Spooooool is offline

"ship" wrote in message

Hi

Which MP3 player should I buy?

well nothing from CREATIVE. I'm v peeved that my mp3 player is only 2.5
years old but they consider it defunct and aren't providing drivers for
Vista

Posted to alt.music.mp3,rec.audio.opinion
zynteq7 zynteq7 is offline

ship wrote:
Hi

Which MP3 player should I buy?

snip

I HIGHLY recommend the Sandisk SANSA Clip player, it's all that you
described and read the review of the sound quality in
www.anythingbutipod.com you will get audiophile sound for a small 59.99
player (49.99 on sale at Radio Shack last I checked) Me and my roommate
both love ours. And a pair of Sennheiser headphones don't hurt either

Hum in Wires Reginald Stanton Tech 2 August 14th 05 09:26 AM
Hum in Wires Reginald Stanton Pro Audio 3 August 13th 05 11:45 PM
Converting cell-phone headset to computer headset logisticky@nospam_yahoo.com Tech 12 May 19th 05 08:19 PM
Can anything besides Itunes play itunes music? [email protected] Audio Opinions 0 January 14th 05 04:25 AM
headset for use with minidisc player and cell phone Stephen Lynch Tech 0 August 3rd 03 07:57 AM