John

Default Which Car Stereo brand has a best Tuner section?

Greetings:

I am wondering which of the following brand (Alpine, Clarion, Pioneer,
Kenwood, JVC, Sony etc) and its corresponding model has the best tuner
reception for a 1999 Camry LE. Effectively, living in NJ, I often
listen to one particular station NJ101.5 (I rarely listen to CD and
Tape). The reception is so deceiving and getting worse days by days
with my current factory install Toyota one CD and tape consol. The
static noise is mixed with the talkshow making the hearing unbearable
and 60% of the time I hear other station as well.

Please note the antenna may be the culprit, since it is integrated in
the rear windshield.

Any kind of help and feedback is greatly appreciated.
rokman

I used to run a car audio shop and I can say without a doubt from my
experience that the Clarion brand seems to pick up and get better
reception than all the others. In our demo room with a poor ground and a
weak antennae the Clarions would pick up a lot more stations than any
other brand.

John wrote:

Greetings:

I am wondering which of the following brand (Alpine, Clarion, Pioneer,
Kenwood, JVC, Sony etc) and its corresponding model has the best tuner
reception for a 1999 Camry LE. Effectively, living in NJ, I often
listen to one particular station NJ101.5 (I rarely listen to CD and
Tape). The reception is so deceiving and getting worse days by days
with my current factory install Toyota one CD and tape consol. The
static noise is mixed with the talkshow making the hearing unbearable
and 60% of the time I hear other station as well.

Please note the antenna may be the culprit, since it is integrated in
the rear windshield.

Any kind of help and feedback is greatly appreciated.

Mark Zarella

Have you tried Eclipse?

--
Mark Zarella