Warren

Default High pitched tone from Subwoofer

Hi everyone,

I need a little help diagnosing a slight problem I've noticed with a new
subwoofer. When I turn it on, with or without subwoofer input connected I
hear a faint high pitched tone being emitted. The tone seems to come from
the bottom of the speaker enclosure. I've tried plugging it in to various
electrical circuits throughout the house and I still get the same faint tone
emitted. I took it back to the dealer this morning and it was quiet as a
mouse. Go figure. The dealer's going to send a technician to check out my
setup later this week, but I'm wondering if anyone is aware of these
symptoms. Seems to be electrically related but not sure what? Electrical
circuits are grounded.

Thanks in advance for you time.

--
Warren

No spam address used. Please reply to group only.

Albatross

I'm guessing you're talking about a Powered Sub?
If so it may be a problem with the power supply it uses. Some switch mode
power supplies do generate a high frequency wine.. usually at the extreme of
human hearing.. much like some old TV's..

Cheers,
Ric

.. .