Posted to rec.audio.pro
zgraf zgraf is offline

Default D/A unit from DVD player for Pro Audio?

I have an older Mitsubishi DVD video player -- it's maybe 7-8 years
old and cost 50 bucks. The writing on the front of the unit says
"10 Bit Video D/A converter, 192 kHz 24 bit Audio D/A converter".

I don't care about the video -- but was wondering if I could exploit
the D/A converter for pro audio use? Would I need to make some mods
to the electronics? Feasible or not?

Thanks.
Posted to rec.audio.pro
Scott Dorsey Scott Dorsey is offline

In article ,
zgraf wrote:
I have an older Mitsubishi DVD video player -- it's maybe 7-8 years
old and cost 50 bucks. The writing on the front of the unit says
"10 Bit Video D/A converter, 192 kHz 24 bit Audio D/A converter".

I don't care about the video -- but was wondering if I could exploit
the D/A converter for pro audio use? Would I need to make some mods
to the electronics? Feasible or not?

Sure. You can burn CD and DVD discs with your audio on them and play
them back.

However, my sneaking suspicion is that the converters won't be very good
ones and won't sound so good. But you won't know until you try it.