John F

Default DUAL BAND EQ, STEREO IN-OUT ON EACH SIDE??

Looking for a one rack space dual band eq (15/15 ?) that's stereo on each
side, or at least stereo one side, mono the other. I have a Mackie 1402 and
a pair of powered speakers and 1 powered monitor. I would like to have an eq
on the mains and another eq on monitor. Any suggestions? Or do I have to use
a stereo to mono adaptor for the mains?

Scott Dorsey

John F wrote:
Looking for a one rack space dual band eq (15/15 ?) that's stereo on each
side, or at least stereo one side, mono the other. I have a Mackie 1402 and
a pair of powered speakers and 1 powered monitor. I would like to have an eq
on the mains and another eq on monitor. Any suggestions? Or do I have to use
a stereo to mono adaptor for the mains?

I have never seen such a thing, because you normally don't want to use the
same EQ on both sides of the mains anyway. You want three totally independant
EQ sections.

I assume you want a graphic and not a parametric, since you didn't specify
it? Personally I would not recommend ANY of the 1U high graphics, because
the faders are just too damn short to make more than very rough adjustments.

Scott Dorsey

John F wrote:

Well unfortunately, here is my deal. I'm stuck with the house PA of it is
(above. The stage is extremely small and there is only room for 1 rack
space. Is there no one rack space EQ with stereo inputs on the market
today??

If you want three channels in one rack space, you're probably going to have to
go to something with digital control because there's no room for three
channels worth of controls on a 1U panel, either graphic or parametric.

Could you live with something that takes up a 1U rack space and then has
an outboard laptop or remote control to run it? Like the Rane or BSS
boxes?