Default Down firing subs in SUV.

Does anyone have any expirience with down firing subs? I am considering
one for the back of my Expedition. Reason being 1) you won't be able to
see the sub from the outside. 2) its much less likely to get damaged.
3) the space beghind the third seat is stange shape. I need the box to
be wider at the bottom and narrower at the top.

Jason McCabe

Yep, I had a downfiring 15" in a Tahoe once, and it was great. I mostly did
it that way for reason #2 -- you can throw stuff in the back without
worrying about damaging the sub. To me it sounded just as good or better
firing down as it did in any other position.

I just built a downfiring box for a 10" in my Wrangler too. On that one I
kinda screwed up though, because I only left 1.5" between the mounting
surface and the floor (trying to get all the cubic inches I could in a very
small space). When I play it hard, the sub sucks up the carpet beneath it
and it sounds like ass. So make sure you design in plenty of clearance.

oups.com...