Brian

Default Pioneer deh-45dh

Hi

I have installed a Pioneer DEH-45DH in my truck and when I hooked up the RCA
plugs to the amp I have no sound. The prior radio was a JVC POS but the RCA
plugs and amp worked great.

I did notice in the face plate it has a subwoofer icon but how do you turn
it on??? I had no luck at the Pioneer web site either..

Thanks for any and all help....Brian

"Friends are quiet angels who lift us to our feet when our wings have
trouble remembering how to fly."

Dianna

you must forget to hook up remote power wire.

Brian

No I tested the whole thing before writing to the group. I have power to the
amp and all the wires are hooked up and the RCA plugs connected at both
ends.

Is there a way to turn on the subwoofer icon in the faceplate or wasn't that
an option yet for this radio???

Maybe the RCA outputs are shot and I'll have to hook it up with out the
amp??

Brian
wrote in message
oups.com...

you must forget to hook up remote power wire.

Brandonb

Not sure about your model, but on the Pioneers I've dealt with, you had
to turn power off, and then hold in a settings or menu button for a few
seconds and got a whole bunch of config options, like enabling/disabling
subwoofer, screen options, clock, beep, scroll, etc. I see on the
Pioneer site that that HU only has one set of preouts and is marked
rear. Its possible its only a full-range output, but also possible that
there is a full-range/sub-out switch either in a menu or a physical
switch on the body of the HU, or that they thought about making another
HU in the full-size series and just didn't utilize that light. This is
all conjecture as Pioneer doesn't appear to have a manual online for the HU.

Brandonb

Brian wrote:
No I tested the whole thing before writing to the group. I have power to the
amp and all the wires are hooked up and the RCA plugs connected at both
ends.

Is there a way to turn on the subwoofer icon in the faceplate or wasn't that
an option yet for this radio???

Maybe the RCA outputs are shot and I'll have to hook it up with out the
amp??

Brian
wrote in message
oups.com...

you must forget to hook up remote power wire.