Flashovr29

Default Need Kicker amp recommendations!

Only things missing in my system are 2 kicker amps. Please help my
decision:

1. KX200.2 or KX350.2? -- to power a JL Audio XR570-CSi (5x7
components). Specs say 70 watts continuous and recommended amp
25-150watts. But I don't know if that means per/channel or total.
REGARDLESS, which amp should I purchase? I am in only for SQ not SPL,
and money is an object.

2. KX400.1 or KX600.1? -- to power 2 JL Audio 10" 10w0's in a sealed
box. Once again, I don't need crazy SLP, just some bass to match the
front components. The 10w0's ask for 250 watts rms for the 2 of them,
so would the KX400.1 be grossly under powering them? Obviously the
KX600.1 gain could be tuned down but it's also more $ that i'm tight
for.

I don't use rear fill. The car is a 93 mazda mx6LS and for now i'm
using a basic Clarion mp545 deck.

For money, right now i'm thinking either 200.2 and the 400.1, or 350.2
and 400.1 unless you guys change my mind to go up to the 600.1.

THANKS!!!

Go with the 70 watt per ch. amp for the 5x7's, thats enough.

Id go with the bigger amp for the subs. I know its more money, but
every time I waver between to amps I always kick myself when I get the
smaller one.

Flashovr29

Also just wanted to add to that post that KX550.3 and KX650.4 are also options.
Flashovr29

NOT impressed with Kicker's tech support. Look at the email I
sent/received. Did they even READ it? Are they thinking that 4ohm
watts are simply HALF of 2 ohm watts? What a joke. I wrote them back
tearing them apart. This is what THEY said:
The KX650.4 will give you about 90 watts per channel. This is ok for
the 5x7 but not enough for the 10.

The KX550.3 will give you about 45 watts for the 5x7 but 225 for the
10.

The KX200.2 will give you 50 watts for the 5x7 and the KX250.2 will
give you 250 watts for the 10.

None of these are really a good choice for your speakers. I suggest
the KX250.2 for your 5x7 and the KX150.2 for your 10.

Hi I was wondering if you could help me choose an amp(s) to power
these speakers:

JL Audio XR570csi (5X7 components) rated 70 watts continuous and
recommended amp power 25 watts to 150 watts

2 JL Audio 10w0 10" subs in sealed box 8 ohms each. Have them in
parallel so 4 ohm load and rated 125 watts/sub.

I have narrowed it down to:

1. KX650.4

2. KX550.3

3. KX200.2 for the components AND KX250.2 for the subs.

Can you please tell me which I should purchase? I would like to know
from the experts because i'm not having much like with the dealers.

THANK YOU.

OOPS :-)

I have a Zapco AG200 that would do nicely for either the components or the
subs if you want.

50W x 2 @ 4ohm
195W x 1 @ 4ohm

Email me if you are interested.