Flashovr29

Default Refurbished Amps ok?

Are factory refurbs ok or should one stay away? Ebay has a nice
Kicker 4 channel for a reasonable price but is factory refurbished.

If its from a source that is legit and you can return it no porblems
then sure try it.

MOSFET

"Flashovr29" wrote in message
om...
Are factory refurbs ok or should one stay away? Ebay has a nice
Kicker 4 channel for a reasonable price but is factory refurbished.

Like Ephedra said, as long as it is from a reputable source, refurbs (I
think they are referred to in the industry as B stock)are just fine. I
bought two Soundstream Ref 300's and a couple Fosgate amps that were refurbs
and had no problems whatsoever. But, like Ephedra said, make sure you have
some kind of warranty if problems arise.

MOSFET

Flashovr29 wrote:
Are factory refurbs ok or should one stay away? Ebay has a nice
Kicker 4 channel for a reasonable price but is factory refurbished.

I wouldn't buy refuribish with big price on itl...

Chad Wahls

"MOSFET" wrote in message

"Flashovr29" wrote in message
om...
Are factory refurbs ok or should one stay away? Ebay has a nice
Kicker 4 channel for a reasonable price but is factory refurbished.

Like Ephedra said, as long as it is from a reputable source, refurbs (I
think they are referred to in the industry as B stock)are just fine. I
bought two Soundstream Ref 300's and a couple Fosgate amps that were
refurbs
and had no problems whatsoever. But, like Ephedra said, make sure you
have
some kind of warranty if problems arise.

MOSFET

Often B-stock units go through more quality control as they are actually
(most of the time) bench tested by an actual person.

Chad

joemamafoo

well I'm not sure how everyone else feels about this but this is my take
on rufurbished items. Chances are whatever was fixed was a common
problem within that product line. So buying a refurbished unit is like
buying whatever it was brand new but without having to wait for the
warranty work. I also agree about buying it from a reputable place, I
would go factory direct if I were to buy refurbished.

--
joemamafoo
joemamafoo's Profile: http://www.caraudioforum.com/vbb3/me...p?userid=33321

Chad Wahls

"joemamafoo" wrote in message
news:1112353337.da1af650f81bf0479cd6cba0b19b1749@t eranews...

well I'm not sure how everyone else feels about this but this is my take
on rufurbished items. Chances are whatever was fixed was a common
problem within that product line. So buying a refurbished unit is like
buying whatever it was brand new but without having to wait for the
warranty work. I also agree about buying it from a reputable place, I
would go factory direct if I were to buy refurbished.

What you said or some idiot blew it up and whined enough for a new one under
warranty.

Regardless, It has been on a bench and repaired/tested by a hopefully
competent tech. This is a good thing as it has now received more attention
than an assembly line unit. When doing repairs they usually do updates as
the line grows more mature.

I have no problems with refurbs as long as they are like new. I actually
prefer them sometimes. I have bought tens of thousands of dollars of
B-stock gear in the pro audio world and never had a bad expierience. Even
bough some C-stock with a little rack rash on the ears from being mounted.

Chad