MikeC

Default 2000 Chevy Silverado Ext. Cab - What to do with the stereo system?

I'm looking for some advice on what to put in this truck as the stock audio
sucks. I've only done cars before and so I always had a place in the trunk
for the subs and amp. That won't be possible this time so I need some
speakers that put out a good amount of bass on their own. Also, the factory
deck looks like a total bitch to get out and I've heard they have some theft
deterrent crap that makes it even more difficult. So, what would the
resident experts do if this were their vehicle?

KaeZoo

"MikeC" wrote in message
I'm looking for some advice on what to put in this truck as the stock

audio
sucks. I've only done cars before and so I always had a place in the

trunk
for the subs and amp. That won't be possible this time so I need some
speakers that put out a good amount of bass on their own. Also, the

factory
deck looks like a total bitch to get out and I've heard they have some

theft
deterrent crap that makes it even more difficult. So, what would the
resident experts do if this were their vehicle?

The stock head unit is actually very easy to remove. You can remove the
dash bezel and the head unit without having to take out a single screw. As
for the factory anti-theft system, it only becomes a problem when the old
radio needs to be put back in...and only if it's been activated. If it's
not activated, no problem. If it's activated and you know the code, no
problem. If it's activated and you don't know the code, you're about to
have a problem next time the battery gets disconnected...so might as well
replace the radio.

MikeC wrote:
I'm looking for some advice on what to put in this truck as the stock

audio
sucks. I've only done cars before and so I always had a place in the

trunk
for the subs and amp. That won't be possible this time so I need

some
speakers that put out a good amount of bass on their own. Also, the

factory
deck looks like a total bitch to get out and I've heard they have

some theft
deterrent crap that makes it even more difficult. So, what would the

resident experts do if this were their vehicle?

How do you install stereo in the trunk without worrying about theft?

MikeC

"KaeZoo" wrote in message

"MikeC" wrote in message
[...]

Any recommendations on speakers?

Michael Lloyd

On Sat, 12 Mar 2005 10:21:23 -0600, "MikeC"
wrote:

Any recommendations on speakers?

MikeC:

I have the exact same truck as you, and recently replaced the head
unit, front and rear speakers, and installed Xtreme Dynamat
in all four doors. The new sound is great!

The speakers that I installed were made by Infinity. 4x6 plates in
the back doors and Infinity 6 3/4 component speakers in the front
doors. I cannot begin to tell you how much better the new set-up
sounds.

I can give you some more details if you wish. Just let me know.

Good Luck!

Mike Lloyd