Ron

Default FS: Nakamichi BX-1 -- excellent condition

For sale: Nakamichi cassette deck, model BX-1.

Key features of the BX-1: Two heads. Three motors. Processor
controlled Transport. DC servo capstan motor. Capstan belt
drive. Switchable Dolby B noise reduction. Supports EX (type
I), SX (type II) and ZX (type IV) cassettes. Supports timer
recording and playback (automatically starts recording or
playback when powered up). Headphone output. Ten segment LED
level indicator. Three digit tape counter. Switchable memory
stop (stops when the counter reaches 000). Color: Silver.

Condition: This BX-1 deck is comparatively young. S/N 70756,
manufactured last year(actually, last quarter) BX-1s were
made. Excellent mechanical and operational condition.
Transport very clean and mechanically quiet. Internal
electronics very clean. Heads show no wear whatsoever. The
transport has been fully serviced. The idler rubber is new.
All functions work smoothly. Records and plays back well.
Sound is excellent.

Cosmetics: This deck is in unusually excellent shape.
Cosmetically, very clean all over. There are one or two
extremely minor abrasion marks on top. The case has been
repainted and looks great. All lettering (both panel and
buttons) is like new. This is one of the best looking BX-1s
I have ever seen. I would conservatively rate it as 8.5 to 9
out of 10.

Conditions of sale: I do not have the user's manual, but
will provide a copy of the BX-100 user's manual, that is
very similar. In any case, the deck is easy to operate and I
will be happy to answer any technical questions. I do not
have the original box, but will pack it well and securely,
to arrived safely. This is a vintage classic and is sold 'as
is' -- no return or refund. There is no warranty, except
with regards to accuracy of the descriptions above.

Price: $80 plus actual shipping and (mandatory) insurance
cost from MA (ZIP 01702), using the buyer's preferred
carrier (Fedex, UPS or USPS) and service. No charge for
handling, packing and the like. I estimate weight (packaged)
will be 15 lb.

Recent blue book values for BX-1 a $90 for 'Best', $75
for 'Better' and $65 for 'Fair'.

I will be happy to email a picture. To respond, please edit
my email address.

-- Ron

Ron

For sale: Nakamichi cassette deck, model BX-1.

http://cgi.audiogon.com/cgi-bin/cl.p...ass&1072482300

Ron

For sale: Nakamichi cassette deck, model BX-1.

http://cgi.audiogon.com/cgi-bin/cl.p...ass&1072482300

Ron

For sale: Nakamichi cassette deck, model BX-1.

http://cgi.audiogon.com/cgi-bin/cl.p...ass&1072482300

Ron