Posted to rec.audio.pro
Chris[_11_] Chris[_11_] is offline

Default NBA Players wearing wireless microphones

Hello,

I had a question from a sports-director in the Netherlands; if I was
able to find out how the American broadcasters work during NBA games
concerning the microphones worn by the referees and players these
days.

I am not able to find any technical information on the internet so I
hope someone may be of any help.

Can someone tell me what kind of brand, microphone, mounting,
windshields an so on are used during these great matches? Our client
thinks about introducing this method in The Netherlands as well. At
least have a try....

Perhaps someone can help me to contact a sound-engineer working on
these games, so he/she can explain the used techniques? If someone
already has invented the wheel, why should I try to do it again?

Please, if someone can be of any help.......

Thank you very much in advance,

C.Postma
Sound Engineer
United Broadcast Facilities
The Netherlands
www.ubf.nl
Posted to rec.audio.pro
Joe Kotroczo Joe Kotroczo is offline

On 16/05/08 23:29, in article
, "Chris"
wrote:

Hello,

I had a question from a sports-director in the Netherlands; if I was
able to find out how the American broadcasters work during NBA games
concerning the microphones worn by the referees and players these
days.

This has been discussed over in rec.arts.movies.production.sound

http://groups.google.lu/group/rec.ar.../browse_thread
/thread/397636b9431e8722/0c31f2155115ce28?lnk=gst&q=nba#0c31f2155115ce28

--
Joe Kotroczo