Default online sources for Adire Audio Shiva 12" sub

This sub is on backorder on the few online sources that seem to carry
it with expected ship dates up to a month away.
http://froogle.google.com/froogle?q=adire+shiva
Please recommend other vendors that carry this sub.
Unfortunately there is no local dealer in my state
Thanks

Kevin McMurtrie

In article . com,
wrote:

This sub is on backorder on the few online sources that seem to carry
it with expected ship dates up to a month away.
http://froogle.google.com/froogle?q=adire+shiva
Please recommend other vendors that carry this sub.
Unfortunately there is no local dealer in my state
Thanks

Too bad Adire Audio closed their store. I managed to buy a Shiva and
Tempest while it was still open. Car stereo shops are typically sleazy,
eager to run a scam, and a pain in the ass to deal with. Lethal Audio
might be able to send you one.

Let's take a look at Adire's list of online USA dealers.

Might be a great site if I had a copy of their C: drive:
http://www.extremecarstereo.com

Cybersquatters, not dealers:
http://www.cartronixs.com/
http://www.tytebox.com/

Online phonebook ad:
http://www.highsierrahifi.com/

****SAYS SHIVA IS SHIPPING****:
http://lethalaudio.com/

"Missing the point of online sales" award:
http://www.powered4sound.com/

Sells only anonymous "stereo" woofers. Make sure you don't settle for
those inferior mono woofers that have brand names stamped on them.
http://www.speakerex.com

No Adire drivers:
http://www.rutledgeaudiodesign.com/
http://www.cartunesunlimited.com/

Theater design, not driver sales:
http://www.site-specific-systems.com/

Forums, not sales:
http://www.soundillusions.net/

Brags about Adire quality but doesn't sell them:
http://store.soundillusions.net/

Points back to Adire's web site:
http://www.avxnc.com/

Environmental audiophile babble that makes Bose look solid. Points back
to Adire's web site.
http://www.solarhifi.com/

Closed:
http://www.jcproduction.net/

Sells only one Adire driver and it isn't the Shiva:
http://www.diycable.com/

Shivas on backorder:
http://www.speedsound.com/
http://www.acoustic-visions.com/

I'm sending a copy of this Usenet article to Adire Audio so they can
maybe update their list of active distribution channels. It would be
pretty frustrating trying to buy their products as it is.
Cyrus

In article . com,
wrote:

This sub is on backorder on the few online sources that seem to carry
it with expected ship dates up to a month away.
http://froogle.google.com/froogle?q=adire+shiva
Please recommend other vendors that carry this sub.
Unfortunately there is no local dealer in my state
Thanks

AFAIK There are no Shiva's available until the newest lines of Tumult's
and Brahma's have come out. Something about acquiring/merging with a new
company in South America somewhere. In other words, I'm parroting
information that I don't know specifics about.

If you're absolutely set on a Shiva.. you're s.o.l. unless you can find
one used or from an un/authorized dealer with stock.

As an aside.. if you're willing to pony up ~40$ more, I can personally
recommend the Ascendant Audio Atlas12. It utilizes Adire's XBL2 double
gap motor blahblah, of which the Shiva doesn't. I have both and prefer
the Atlas12 for adjustability(variable Qts) and apparent
ruggedness(harder to bottom out than the Shiva). SQ is too much of a
subjective thing.

hth,

--
Cyrus