mark

Default quality subs and amps

Im planning on installing 2 10's soon. what would be a good combination of
amps n subs to produce a good quality kick? The car audio places around
where I live dont seem to know their ass from their hands when it comes to
doing a descent job. Thank god theres places like this to ask questions.

thx

car sterero guys just want you to spend as much as possible. It's their
#1 goal
so that they can make big profit out of selling made-in-china item.
Look around
the all the stereo stuff there, mostly are from chinese made it. I have
no solution
for you. YOu have to decided how to buy best system by saving money.

MZ

Im planning on installing 2 10's soon. what would be a good combination
of
amps n subs to produce a good quality kick? The car audio places around
where I live dont seem to know their ass from their hands when it comes to
doing a descent job. Thank god theres places like this to ask questions.

Too many to list. See what you can get a good price on. Search the net for
reviews on it from someone who actually owns the stuff.

And yes, it's not uncommon for most installers to not know what they're
talking about. I've sampled every single one in my area and have concluded
that they're all incompetent. Every now and then you uncover one who
actually knows something. The last place I lived, the one shop in the
entire area that knew anything ended up going out of business. Go figure.

well then mmdir2, you need to just shut the F**K up if you don't have a
decent answer.
you are such an annoying dweeb.
i'm sick and f**king tired of looking at almost every post and finding
your god damn assinine opinions all over the place.
why don't you **** or get off the pot.
or better yet, get the F out of this forum.
you have no business being here, we don't want you here.
none of us want you here.
what the hell is your problem?
how stupid are you?
don't you f**king realize that your ****ing us off.
your opinions' are not welcome on this forum.
GO AWAY!!!

Scott Gardner

On Mon, 14 Mar 2005 16:23:49 -0500, "MZ"
wrote:

Im planning on installing 2 10's soon. what would be a good combination

of
amps n subs to produce a good quality kick? The car audio places around
where I live dont seem to know their ass from their hands when it comes to
doing a descent job. Thank god theres places like this to ask questions.

Too many to list. See what you can get a good price on. Search the net for
reviews on it from someone who actually owns the stuff.

And yes, it's not uncommon for most installers to not know what they're
talking about. I've sampled every single one in my area and have concluded
that they're all incompetent. Every now and then you uncover one who
actually knows something. The last place I lived, the one shop in the
entire area that knew anything ended up going out of business. Go figure.

Part of it depends on what you expect an installer to be able to do.
I don't expect much from them when it comes to the engineering aspect
of car stereo. I don't care if they can explain damping factor, or
why 96 dB signal-to-noise is an insignificant improvement over 90 dB.
After all, they're installing the electronics, not designing them.
Some simple knowledge of Ohm's law and proper wiring techniques are
almost all they need.

There's nothing in car audio that's rocket science. In my opinion,
the more difficult skills are the fabrication, metalwork, carpeting,
carpentry, fiberglassing, painting, and the other handiwork that
actually goes into the installation. It's like car restoration - ask
any restorer which is harder to do well, mechanical work or paint &
body/fabrication, and they'll all give you the same answer.

--
Scott Gardner

"Oh look, things are going from bad to worse!"

MOSFET

wrote in message
oups.com...
well then mmdir2, you need to just shut the F**K up if you don't have a
decent answer.
you are such an annoying dweeb.
i'm sick and f**king tired of looking at almost every post and finding
your god damn assinine opinions all over the place.
why don't you **** or get off the pot.
or better yet, get the F out of this forum.
you have no business being here, we don't want you here.
none of us want you here.
what the hell is your problem?
how stupid are you?
don't you f**king realize that your ****ing us off.
your opinions' are not welcome on this forum.
GO AWAY!!!

Well said. Ditto for me!

MOSFET

Watch out he is getting on you if you block his way.

MZ

nobody is really respondsible for you anger and hate. If you hate my
post,
that's your business. This is about you, not me. I'm here to discuss
about other side of car stereo system. If you disagree with my post,
that's ok I've no problem with it.
I hardly said anything lie here. Is not true that most car stereo is
made in china?
Who wants to pay $400 alpine HU from chinese crap? You tell me.

Not everyone shares your hatred of the chinese people. So it's pointless
for you to bring up this whole idea about equipment being inferior because
it's made in china.

Besides, you've clearly demonstrated that you're an idiot.

MZ

Part of it depends on what you expect an installer to be able to do.
I don't expect much from them when it comes to the engineering aspect
of car stereo. I don't care if they can explain damping factor, or
why 96 dB signal-to-noise is an insignificant improvement over 90 dB.
After all, they're installing the electronics, not designing them.
Some simple knowledge of Ohm's law and proper wiring techniques are
almost all they need.

There's nothing in car audio that's rocket science. In my opinion,
the more difficult skills are the fabrication, metalwork, carpeting,
carpentry, fiberglassing, painting, and the other handiwork that
actually goes into the installation. It's like car restoration - ask
any restorer which is harder to do well, mechanical work or paint &
body/fabrication, and they'll all give you the same answer.

Yes, and most installers are incapable of installing systems correctly.
People should go in recognizing this and not being surprised when their
installer gives them bad advice or does a half-assed job.

Scott Gardner

On Tue, 15 Mar 2005 08:16:59 -0500, "MZ"
wrote:

nobody is really respondsible for you anger and hate. If you hate my
post,
that's your business. This is about you, not me. I'm here to discuss
about other side of car stereo system. If you disagree with my post,
that's ok I've no problem with it.
I hardly said anything lie here. Is not true that most car stereo is
made in china?
Who wants to pay $400 alpine HU from chinese crap? You tell me.

Not everyone shares your hatred of the chinese people. So it's pointless
for you to bring up this whole idea about equipment being inferior because
it's made in china.

Besides, you've clearly demonstrated that you're an idiot.

And I don't know why he's so jealous of the Chinese. I mean, a Korean
is *almost* as good as a Chinaman, right?

ROT13 this for mo

Guvf vf gbathr-va-purrx, bs pbhefr, naq V'z bayl cbfgvat vg gb gjrnx
zzqve'f abfr.

--
Scott Gardner

"Oh look, things are going from bad to worse!"

Scott Gardner

On Tue, 15 Mar 2005 08:18:57 -0500, "MZ"
wrote:

[...]

Sorry, I thought you were dinging your local installers strictly for
their lack of knowledge, not for their installation skills. If they
don't understand the technical aspects of it, and can't perform a
safe, secure, aesthetically-pleasing installation either, then yes,
they're obviously no-talent ass clowns.

When I've needed one, I've always chosen an installer the same way you
would choose a contractor during a home renovation. Ask to see
examples of the work they've done on customers' cars (**not** the
shop's own show car), and get references.

--
Scott Gardner

"You'll always have time for the things you make time for."

Chad Wahls

wrote in message
oups.com...

car sterero guys just want you to spend as much as possible. It's their
#1 goal
so that they can make big profit out of selling made-in-china item.
Look around
the all the stereo stuff there, mostly are from chinese made it. I have
no solution
for you. YOu have to decided how to buy best system by saving money.

No **** sherlock, it's called commerce. Look it up.

Chad

mark

wrote:

[...]

I actually found a shop 'around' me that does a good job for the money. but
the one guy that did a good job on my car quit the one place.. and got a job
at a car audio store a good hour and a half away from my house, worth the
drive , and he usually doesnt charge me labor. only problem wiht that is
theres always some jackass workin with him that winds up scratchin my deck
face or my dash, so screw that.

when looking to buy new equip. do you guys always turn to the same brand? or
is it pretty much hit or miss when it comes to which speaker is going to
wind up sounding better?

thx
mark

MOSFET

wrote in message
ups.com...

Watch out he is getting on you if you block his way.

Now here is a really good example of mmdir making absolutely no sense.

MOSFET

"mark" wrote in message

when looking to buy new equip. do you guys always turn to the same brand?

or
is it pretty much hit or miss when it comes to which speaker is going to
wind up sounding better?

No, I don't always turn to the same brand. I suppose when it comes to HU's,
I have some brand loyalty with Alpine simply because I have always been very
happy with their products. But with everything else, I will use what is
best and what I can afford, though these are not always the same.

And no, it shouldn't be hit or miss when it comes to which speaker is going
to sound best. When I buy speakers I spend a lot of time in the demo rooms
with my CD's listening and comparing. And even when they are installed, if
I am not happy with the sound, I will return them and get something else (I
have done this several times). Reputable car stereo stores are generally
more than happy to accommodate you. They know that if you are not happy
with your system, you will probably not come back.

This is why it is sometimes not a good idea to buy speakers on Ebay or
online in general. Even if you do a bunch of listening at a retail store
first and then buy online, there's no guarantee the speakers will sound good
in your car, and then you're stuck. For speakers, IMHO, I think it's best
to buy from a reputable retailer. And don't be afraid to exchange speakers
several times as you will never really know how a pair of speakers will
sound until they are in your car.

MOSFET

wrote:

[...]

your stereo label be read as "Made in Chinaman". ahhahaha.....
Old racism of American never gone out your mind huh????

MZ

Sorry, I thought you were dinging your local installers strictly for
their lack of knowledge, not for their installation skills. If they
don't understand the technical aspects of it, and can't perform a
safe, secure, aesthetically-pleasing installation either, then yes,
they're obviously no-talent ass clowns.

Well, ultimately I think both are important. The same folks tend to play
salesmen too (most installers know more than most salesmen, by the way, in
the shops that are big enough to have different guys dedicated to the
different tasks). The salesmen shouldn't be making things up or
regurgitating manufacturers' sales pitches to make a sale. This is where
knowledge comes in. Nobody expects them to know the ins and outs of the
equipment, but I think there's an expectation that they know more than
they typically do.

And then there are instances where they simply make things up to cover
their own asses. If you caught the thread I started last week, you'll
find that so-called professional installers are screwing me out of almost
$2000 in warranty work because of their ignorance.

By the way, I'm not just limiting this to one area. I've lived all over
the country and I've found this trend in each of the places I've gone.
I've known of two - yes, two - shops in all the places I've lived that had
folks who KNEW what they were doing. And we know Eddie Runner knows his
stuff, so there's one shop in Houston that knows what they're doing
(assuming he doesn't hire a bunch of morons). Anyway, I think there's a
major problem in the industry and it's being ignored. The same, I think,
goes for the general car repair industry.

When I've needed one, I've always chosen an installer the same way you
would choose a contractor during a home renovation. Ask to see
examples of the work they've done on customers' cars (**not** the
shop's own show car), and get references.

Yeah, that's probably the best way to determine what they have experience
at. But they're obviously not going to post the jobs that didn't come out
so great, and it won't tell us about the really tough ones and how they've
handled it. Again, using myself as an example, I went around to about 10
shops in my area to find someone to install my fronts, and only 1 of those
shops didn't give me a line of BS about how it's impossible (and other
lines of BS too). And that 1 shop screwed up pretty bad.
Eddie Runner

But INSTALLERS still do a better job than most of the consumers do!!!

In my 31 years, I have seen some FUNNY ****!!!

MZ wrote:

Yes, and most installers are incapable of installing systems correctly.
People should go in recognizing this and not being surprised when their
installer gives them bad advice or does a half-assed job.

MZ

But INSTALLERS still do a better job than most of the consumers do!!!

That's not saying much...
Chad Wahls

Make that MOST installers, did you see Mark's speaker install?

I bet you've seen funny ****! You should start a thread! We need a few
laughs 'round here.
Chad

MZ wrote:

Yes, and most installers are incapable of installing systems correctly.
People should go in recognizing this and not being surprised when their
installer gives them bad advice or does a half-assed job.

1,2,3 and to the 4ohm

OK, OK, if your just doing a basic install, no elaborate inclosures or
whatnot, then u should just do it yourself. Its really not that hard to
hook up a cd player or replace factory speakers(especially when most
intallers charge $75+ just to put in a cd player), hell even hooking up
an amp isnt worth the $100+ a "pro" would charge, the hardest thing
about that is running the wires. So do yourself a favor and learn how
to take off your door panel or whatever the case maybe, and do it
yourself. It might take a little longer but in the end you'll be
happier knowing that system that your showing off to your friends was
put in by you. I know I am!

Sean Scott

"Eddie Runner" wrote in message
But INSTALLERS still do a better job than most of the consumers do!!!

In my 31 years, I have seen some FUNNY ****!!!

I saw one guys car he used jumper cables, JUMPER CABLES with no fuse to
power his amp. Another car I saw he was using a household extension cord.

MZ wrote:

Yes, and most installers are incapable of installing systems correctly.
People should go in recognizing this and not being surprised when their
installer gives them bad advice or does a half-assed job.

Bruce Chang

wrote:

nobody is really respondsible for you anger and hate. If you hate my
post,
that's your business. This is about you, not me. I'm here to discuss
about other side of car stereo system. If you disagree with my post,
that's ok I've no problem with it.
I hardly said anything lie here. Is not true that most car stereo is
made in china?
Who wants to pay $400 alpine HU from chinese crap? You tell me.

Not everyone shares your hatred of the chinese people. So it's pointless
for you to bring up this whole idea about equipment being inferior because
it's made in china.

Besides, you've clearly demonstrated that you're an idiot.

And I don't know why he's so jealous of the Chinese. I mean, a Korean
is *almost* as good as a Chinaman, right?

OH Come on! That's like saying a Pyramid amp is *almost* as good as a
Phoenix Gold. Please..... g

Yes, INSTALLERS, not best buy, circuit ****y, good gays so called
installers. Kids that make minimum wage and what they do make they blow
on pot. They scour your car for money, valuables and don't give a rats
ass how the install comes out because their off in 10 minutes.

1,2,3 and to the 4ohm wrote:
OK, OK, if your just doing a basic install, no elaborate inclosures

or
whatnot, then u should just do it yourself. Its really not that hard

hook up a cd player or replace factory speakers(especially when most
intallers charge $75+ just to put in a cd player), hell even hooking

up
an amp isnt worth the $100+ a "pro" would charge, the hardest thing
about that is running the wires. So do yourself a favor and learn

how
to take off your door panel or whatever the case maybe, and do it
yourself. It might take a little longer but in the end you'll be
happier knowing that system that your showing off to your friends was
put in by you. I know I am!

Install HU, speaker, amp too easy for me. I'm the guy who can use
macintosh modem into PC modem.

MOSFET

wrote in message
oups.com...

1,2,3 and to the 4ohm wrote:
OK, OK, if your just doing a basic install, no elaborate inclosures

or
whatnot, then u should just do it yourself. Its really not that hard

hook up a cd player or replace factory speakers(especially when most
intallers charge $75+ just to put in a cd player), hell even hooking

up
an amp isnt worth the $100+ a "pro" would charge, the hardest thing
about that is running the wires. So do yourself a favor and learn

how
to take off your door panel or whatever the case maybe, and do it
yourself. It might take a little longer but in the end you'll be
happier knowing that system that your showing off to your friends was
put in by you. I know I am!

Install HU, speaker, amp too easy for me. I'm the guy who can use
macintosh modem into PC modem.

You're an idiot. Stop posting.

Try if you can. All you have to do with read the manual of mac modem
wire configuration and
PC modem's one. they are virtually idenitical only shape is different.

Where is the freedom of speech? you sound like a school ground
bully???
I think you are a school ground bully. Well I can handle you as easy
as install car stereo.
Only the idiot drivers listen to your advice. You call yourself car
stereo technican???
Gimme a break!!!!! I know better than you do that's why do-it-myself
installation work
all the time!!!

it's not that i or anybody else here actually finds you as an idiot,
but it is more to the point that we can not tolorate listening to you
talk. the way you type makes you sound like you have a mouth full of
pennies.

joemamafoo

OMFG!! mmdir you make absolutely no sense, reading your posts is like
listening to one of those "chinamen" you hate so much (btw I have no
problem with chineese people so please don't flame me) except for a
retarded dyslexic one. Dude I know I'm new to this particular forum
but I've already come across plenty of your idiotic meaningless posts
and worthless replies and have gathered this 1. nobody here likes you
2. even if they did you don't make any damn sense 3. my four year old
brother has better grammar skills than you and finally 4. you need to
find another message board to unload your diarrhea onto. I'm sure this
has probably all been said elsewhere but I just felt obligated to say
something about it seeing how this guy is poluting this forum and
peoples threads.

--
joemamafoo
joemamafoo's Profile: http://www.caraudioforum.com/vbb3/me...p?userid=33321