Flashovr29

Default FREQ and Q-CURVE???

I have a Clarion DZX545MP and under the bass and treble controls there
are a few options that I have no idea what they mean, and when I
adjust them I can't hear a difference. I have good speakers for highs
and subs too.

TREBLE:

FREQ----8kHz or 12kHZ? (factory default is 12)

BASS

FREQ----50Hz or 80Hz or 120Hz (factory default is 50)
Q Curve-----1 or 1.25 or 1.5 or 2 (factory default is 1)

What should I set them up as? Or should I just leave as defaults? I
try to listen carefully but still can't really tell...MAYBE I can
hear the bass get tighter?

THANKS!

Try LPF or HPF. YOu hear quite different. Gain control isn't make that
different.

I have a Clarion DZX545MP and under the bass and treble controls there

are a few options that I have no idea what they mean, and when I
adjust them I can't hear a difference. I have good speakers for highs

and subs too.

TREBLE:

FREQ----8kHz or 12kHZ? (factory default is 12)

BASS

FREQ----50Hz or 80Hz or 120Hz (factory default is 50)
Q Curve-----1 or 1.25 or 1.5 or 2 (factory default is 1)

What should I set them up as? Or should I just leave as defaults? I
try to listen carefully but still can't really tell...MAYBE I can
hear the bass get tighter?

THANKS!

Your HU is boosting the amplitude at those specific frequencies. The Q
is the center frequency of the boosted bandwidth(s).The lower the value
of 'Q', the smaller the bandwidth of these boosted freqs. It is pretty
much like having an adjustable "loud" button.