Form@C

Default Anyone here had much experience at building valve phono stages?

I'm considering building a phono stage (possibly MC, but I can use MM
with my existing transformer) based on some ECC88s that I happen to have
(I know, I should use 6922s or E88CCs, but I haven't got them!). I suspect
that microphonics may be a problem in this application. I also remember
that you could once get "rubber"-mounted sockets but I don't know of a
source now. Has anyone got any advice that they could offer on the
subject of anti-microphonic mountings?

Valves available a
1 Hewlett Packard 6DJ8/ECC88
2 Brimar ECC88
1 Telefunken ECC88/6DJ8
1 simply marked ECC88
I have a few russian ECC83s as well.

I rather fancy trying this circuit from Tube CAD Journal:
http://www.tubecad.com/articles_2002..._2/page10.html
I may combine this with an ECC83 line amp consisting of a commom cathode
stage directly coupled to a cathode follower to drive the power amp.

All just ideas yet - but the valves are sitting there, watching me... :-)

--
Mick
http://www.nascom.info for Nascom & Gemini information

FS: Steiner 2-Voice Synthacon, Steiner EVI Electronic Valve Instrument and Steiner Microcon Synthesizer MarkSG Pro Audio 0 September 10th 04 08:47 PM
FS: Steiner 2-Voice Synthacon, Steiner EVI Electronic Valve Instrument and Steiner Microcon Synthesizer MarkSG Pro Audio 0 September 10th 04 08:47 PM
Libs vs Cons Schizoid Man Audio Opinions 48 January 20th 04 07:42 AM
Overglowing valve ... RJH Vacuum Tubes 7 October 10th 03 05:03 PM
Where are those Wascally Weapons of Mass Destwuction??? Jacob Kramer Audio Opinions 1094 September 9th 03 02:20 AM