Posted to rec.audio.pro
brassplyer brassplyer is offline

Default Is there a graphic EQ with pannable bands?

Does anyone make a software graphic EQ say 10, 20 or more bands where each individual band can be independently panned? I.e. imagine a typical graphic EQ where under each band slider is a pan control.

Thanks.
Posted to rec.audio.pro
Scott Dorsey Scott Dorsey is offline

Brassplyer wrote:
Does anyone make a software graphic EQ say 10, 20 or more bands where each individual band can be independently panned? I.e. imagine a typical graphic EQ where under each band slider is a pan control.

By panned, you mean you can adjust the center frequency like an Orban 674
Paragraphic? Or where there is actually some sort of left-right bussing?
Posted to rec.audio.pro

On Thursday, January 18, 2018 at 7:35:31 AM UTC-5, Scott Dorsey wrote:

By panned, you mean you can adjust the center frequency like an Orban 674
Paragraphic? Or where there is actually some sort of left-right bussing?

L/R bussing.

Posted to rec.audio.pro
geoff geoff is offline

On 19/01/2018 4:08 AM, Brassplyer wrote:
On Thursday, January 18, 2018 at 7:35:31 AM UTC-5, Scott Dorsey wrote:

By panned, you mean you can adjust the center frequency like an Orban 674
Paragraphic? Or where there is actually some sort of left-right bussing?

L/R bussing.

Sounds like a ghastly concept. But hey, it may be amazing....

geoff
Posted to rec.audio.pro
Trevor Trevor is offline

On 18/01/2018 8:39 PM, Brassplyer wrote:
Does anyone make a software graphic EQ say 10, 20 or more bands where
each individual band can be independently panned? I.e. imagine a
typical graphic EQ where under each band slider is a pan control.

Easy enough to use 2 software graphics panned left and right. Beyond
that, for special effects, just add more instances as needed.

Trevor.

Posted to rec.audio.pro

Geoff wrote: "Sounds like a ghastly concept. But hey, it may be amazing....

geoff"

Yeah. Could induce all sorts of phase issues.
I seriously thought he meant PARAMETRIC
when he started in with that "panning" business.

I say just get a stereo EQ and be done with it.
Posted to rec.audio.pro
geoff geoff is offline

On 19/01/2018 11:41 AM, Trevor wrote:
On 18/01/2018 8:39 PM, Brassplyer wrote:
Does anyone make a software graphic EQ say 10, 20 or more bands where
each individual band can be independently panned? I.e. imagine a
typical graphic EQ where under each band slider is a pan control.

Easy enough to use 2 software graphics panned left and right. Beyond
that, for special effects, just add more instances as needed.

Trevor.

Maybe after a L/R 'wash' with harmonics whizzing all over the place.

geoff
Posted to rec.audio.pro
None None is offline

theckma wrote in message
Geoff wrote: "Sounds like a ghastly concept. But hey, it may be
amazing....
Yeah. Could induce all sorts of phase issues.
I seriously thought he meant PARAMETRIC
when he started in with that "panning" business.

You don't even know what phase is.

I say just get a stereo EQ and be done with it.

Nobody cares what you say, li'l buddy. Done with it, dumb with it, dumb
****.

DSLK. FSKAO!

Posted to rec.audio.pro
Tobiah Tobiah is offline

On 01/18/2018 02:41 PM, Trevor wrote:
On 18/01/2018 8:39 PM, Brassplyer wrote:
Does anyone make a software graphic EQ say 10, 20 or more bands
where each individual band can be independently panned? I.e.
imagine a typical graphic EQ where under each band slider is a pan
control.

Easy enough to use 2 software graphics panned left and right. Beyond
that, for special effects, just add more instances as needed.

I think he's talking about a real-world hardware unit. Otherwise,
yeah, that was my thought.

Help out bands on tour hantod Pro Audio 0 November 26th 08 11:35 PM
The bands new tune DaveDrummer Pro Audio 6 December 29th 04 01:00 AM
U87 Shockmount Bands mcp6453 Pro Audio 45 June 15th 04 10:19 PM
U87 Shockmount Bands mcp6453 Pro Audio 0 June 5th 04 02:40 AM
U.S. car radio with LW or SW bands? Patty Winter Car Audio 15 May 10th 04 01:43 AM