Margaret von Busenhalter-Butt

"ansermetniac" wrote in message
On Wed, 22 Sep 2004 04:05:23 GMT, MINe 109

ansermetniac wrote:

On Wed, 22 Sep 2004 02:41:55 GMT, MINe 109

ansermetniac wrote:

BTW the B & W 802s are Musical ****.

Well, if you think all cds sound bad, then their reputation as
classical
music monitors isn't a plus!

I listened to the first mvmt of the Koncertstucke and I think the re-eq
is sincere. The solo horns probably sound more like what it's like to
be
near real horns (really near!) than the raw tape, but at the cost of
integrity in a recording that didn't have much to spare.

Losing the high end to eliminate tape hiss is a nose-spite-face deal.
How does it help harmonic balance to eliminate those higher partials?

I only eliminated the partials that were boosted by the guy who
mastered the 3 3/4 open reel

Well, the shoe's on the other foot now. How do *you* know what the
source material really was?

Stephen

Because I know what instruments sound like

BHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!! Obviously not!

and the capabilities of
mics and tape decks.

You haven't got a clue. That mp.3 destroyed you for good.

If record companies presented flat recordings
there would be a revolt.

Not many people use obsolete equipment like yours anymore. Have you checked
whether there's any foam left in your driver surrounds? It probably rotted
away 10 years ago and that would explain your horrible "mix".

Look at thre **** I am gettting.

BAAAHHH! Poor little baby. Comes here looking for support but decides to
disguise it as "need opinions please" hoping that the link to his website
will convince everyone of his status as a major player in the biz and
consequently give an automatic heads up. Too bad houses built of hair don't
hold up in the wind.

That other guy was right on the money. You're an incompetent charlatan with
substandard equipment.

It is
unfortunate that by coincidence my mp3s of the week featured poor
sources.

It is not coincidence, you dunce. You "re-engineered" it. You claimed it was
something "better" when in fact it is laughably bad compared to anything
besides SW radio. You are clearly incompetent and people recognize it. If I
was that boss of yours, I'd kick the crap outta you for unveiling the
company skeletons that have resided in the closet since the get-go. Surely
your bosses little mouthpiece operation needs a better mouthpiece than you.

Believe me, whatever "Music" was on that open reel, I found it.

I agree. You found it and ****ed it up.

I think that your entire mouthpiece operation must be what people call
"snakeoil" and "flooby dust" in these circles.

Cheers,

Margaret

Tim Brown

ansermetniac wrote in message . ..
As a designer of the highest quality of sax mouthpieces

I'd really like to try your mouthpieces, but I can't affor them. My
setup is a Yamaha YTS-62, a Brillhart Ebolin (the size escapes me
right now) for concert band and a Berg Larsen 100-2 stainless steel
for jazz. VanDoren reeds. For jazz I like flexiblity and mellowness,
ala Ben Webster.

it appals me that CDs are eqd so badly. So much so that
Digital is given the bad rap and not the incompetent mastering
engineers . These engineers have been listening to recorded music for
so long they haven't a clue as to what instruments realy sound like.

Yeah, it's the producers too. The media and the hardware are not the
problem.

I am not sure whether CDs sound the way they do to please the masses
or because of incompetence. With statements like the above I lean
toward incompetence. How else could Bill Inglot become tops in his
field His R n R stuff is abominable but did you hear his Jazz for
Atlantic. Giant Steps of mids and highs. Not Trane

Opinions please

I think it's producers who care more about the bottom line than music.
They go for shock value, first impressions. These days they're under
pressure, with falling sales due to file sharing, etc.

TB
Tim Brown

ansermetniac wrote in message . ..
On Tue, 21 Sep 2004 15:28:17 -0400, "Arny Krueger"
wrote:

I offer mp3s of the week of rare classical records and concerts
remastered by me in sound that does not have the juiced mids and highs
of lps and CDs.

And the URL for downloading is??

http://members.aol.com/abbedd/abbedd

I listened to some of these and, frankly, I couldn't get past (what I
hope were) the mp3 artifacts.

TB
Carl Valle

"Clyde Slick" wrote in message

"Arny Krueger" wrote in message
"Carl Valle" wrote in message
. com
"George M. Middius" wrote in message

Carl Valle said:

Try again. I do live recording of acoustic instruments and voices
just about every weekend.

What label do your recordings appear on Arny?

They're on LatrineT Records. You can find them everywhere you'd never
think to look.

Nothing like a little class envy to start the day, eh Carl?

Arny's got one of those cushiony soft toilet seats we all
wish we could afford.

I have no idea what you mean by class envy arny
but how about answering my question. Have you actually recorded anything
that has been released that I can listen to? Or do you mean amateur? It's
not an insult.
Carl

Robert Morein

"Clyde Slick" wrote in message

"Carl Valle" wrote in message
om...

What label do your recordings appear on Arny?

Sharmin

Part of the Latrino Group?

Carl Valle

"ansermetniac" wrote in message

Opinions please

Jeffrey "Abbedd" Powell
Chief Engineer/Acoustician
Dave Guardala Mouthpieces, Inc.

Below is a direct downloadable link to a MP3 music file
I created this file from a 3.75 ips commercial recording similar to what
Abbedd says he did
It is Columbia DT 779 - Eugene Ormandy, Philadelphia - Trumpet Voluntary
4Track/2Channel 3.75
Equipment is a AKAI 747, Extigy Soundcard, Sony DTC-700 DAT used to
digitize, Burwen Research DNF1200A used to reduce tape hiss.
MP3 is 192 written with Sony Sound Forge 7.0b
No effects were used after the fact.
This is the best I could do from the tape
It demonstartes how bad open reel mass produced tapes really are
But ...
I extracted the music from the file without filters and re-eq. It is warts
and all, as they say.
It does not suffer from a bad response curve, has about 55db of S/N, and
virtually no flutter.
I submit that this file sounds considerably better than the one submitted
for
opinion by Abbedd

http://us.f2.yahoofs.com/bc/40dba242...NO2UBB0nwwhGWM

Carl

jeffc

"ansermetniac" wrote in message

As a designer of the highest quality of sex mouthpieces

Now that is interesting - I'd like to hear more about that.

Joseph Oberlander

Arny Krueger wrote:

When reproduced over a modern system, these recordings tend to sound nasal,
raspy, lacking in presence, with too much upper bass and not enough deep
bass. I can't help but suspect that were they were mastered based on
listening with modern speakers, they'd sound quite a bit different.

It also could be that they kludged the micing and/or the mics are
just not very good at lower frequencies. I've seen some awful
equipment in studios.

ansermetniac

On Fri, 24 Sep 2004 00:06:12 GMT, "Carl Valle"
wrote:

I submit that this file sounds considerably better than the one submitted
for
opinion by Abbedd

I never asked for an opionion of my mp3. I asked for an opinion on why
cds are juiced

Abbedd

wrote:

I submit that this file sounds considerably better than the one submitted
for
opinion by Abbedd

I never asked for an opionion of my mp3. I asked for an opinion on why
cds are juiced

Abbedd

Dear Mr. "Lights Out":

1.Your MP3 demonstrated that your audio equipment is laughably bad.
Regardless of the quality of the original.

2. Your failure to notice that your equipment suck amply demonstrated that
you are highly incompetent and don't know what you are talking about.

3. Therefore, your inane ramblings on the qualities of CD's are irrelevant
and worthless.

4. With your moronic boasting you also managed to broadcast to the entire
Usenet that Dave Guardala mouthpieces is build on a really shaky foundation
with a "chief engineer" and "acoustician" who is deaf as a door knob. And
not as smart.

Cheers,

Margaret

MINe 109

wrote:

I submit that this file sounds considerably better than the one submitted
for
opinion by Abbedd

I never asked for an opionion of my mp3. I asked for an opinion on why
cds are juiced

If all cds but one sound bad to me, I'd take another look at my
equipment. Digital had some growing pains, but one surprise for me when
I substantially upgraded my system was how good certain early cds sound.
You haven't mentioned your source, but it could be you are using a
computer and sound card. This can work, but there are inherent drawbacks
that have to be overcome, fan noise and the like.

As for pop and jazz,learn who the 'good guys' are. These names aren't
guarantees of great sound but you stand a better chance when you see
Steve Hoffman, Vic Anesini, Fine, et al, just as I think twice about an
Inglot or Peter Mew or Jon Astley.

On the other hand, you may have succeeded in eq'ing to your satisfaction
on your system. Bravo, but don't expect the results to translate to
other systems.

Stephen
ansermetniac

On Fri, 24 Sep 2004 15:45:58 GMT, "Margaret von Busenhalter-Butt"
wrote:

.. .
wrote:

[...]

So Branford Marsalis Michael Brecker Tom Scott et al play my pieces
because I am an idiot. Good theory Peggy

Abbedd

wrote:

. ..
wrote:

[...]

Apparently so. Some idiots get lucky.

Cheers,

Margaret

ansermetniac

wrote:

[...]

Piggy

Can't argue with you anymore. Mom says I can't argue with idiots

Abbedd
johnebravo836

ansermetniac wrote:

As a designer of the highest quality of sax mouthpieces(I am the
acoustician and manufacturing engineer , my partner the mechanical
engineer) it appals me that CDs are eqd so badly. SO much so that
Digital is given the bad rap and not the incompetent mastering
engineers . These engineers have been listening to recorded music for
so long they haven't a clue as to what instruments realy sound like.

I offer mp3s of the week of rare classical records and concerts
remastered by me in sound that does not have the juiced mids and highs
of lps and CDs.

Fisher 500C
Bozak Rhapsodys(I don't have the large room needed for my Symphonies
at this time)

a member of the rec.music.classical.recording group said

1) Fisher never made a good receiver
2) Bozaks are antequated

This person is Tom Deacon

Anyone who regularly reads both rec.audio.opinion and
rec.music.classical.recordings is likely to have a sudden "oh, ****",
nauseous, deja vu feeling right about this point . . .

the executive producer of the entire Great
Pianists of the century set from Phillips(They licensed from
everybody)

wrote:

m...
wrote:

[...]

There never was any argument. Just your pompous attempt to establish some
credibility with your multitude of mickey mouse titles and name dropping
that all went up in smoke with a single piece of actual evidence of your
presumed ability - namely the laughable MP3. I merely pointed out that you
were an incompetent windbag just like several other people here did. Your
low self-esteem could not deal with the fact and you started to act like
many men of your stature and appearance do.

I'm glad you keep in touch with your mom, only a mom could love a fat little
furball like you.

Cheers,

Margaret