jdobb2001

Default samplitude in the industry?

I love the product but all I always hear is protools,nuendo etc.. I
wish more studios carried this product I mean pro is only 40 bucks a
month rental which is peanuts. Why is it that it is not as popular as
the other ones? I find it real intuitive for folks who are
transitioning to DAW. with the Mackie control I really feel at home. I
dont think Magix really markets this wonderproduct.

samp is catching on more and more with legitimate professionals. it is
growing in a sleepy way.

the people who use it tend to love it, and sometimes talk about
upgrading to sequoia.

it used to be you needed protools to get the dsp cards. but now with
fast computers and add-on cards like the powercore and uad-1, the
protools
setup is no longer necessary.

it takes some time for a pro to move out of their existing setups, but
they do.

mastering guys seem to especially like samp.

Uncle Russ

I switched over a year ago from ProTools. No contest. Samplitude is twice or
three times better in virtually every respect. Oddly, and I can't explain
it, something I initially recorded in ProTools sounded better when we
brought it into Samplitude. That convinced me to buy it. It is the
"Photoshop" of audio software.

"Uncle Russ" Reinberg

WESTLAKE PUBLISHING COMPANY
www.finescalerr.com
WESTLAKE RECORDS
www.westlakerecords.com

"jdobb2001" wrote in message
oups.com...
I love the product but all I always hear is protools,nuendo etc.. I
wish more studios carried this product I mean pro is only 40 bucks a
month rental which is peanuts. Why is it that it is not as popular as
the other ones? I find it real intuitive for folks who are
transitioning to DAW. with the Mackie control I really feel at home. I
dont think Magix really markets this wonderproduct.

james of tucson

On 2005-01-10, jdobb2001 wrote:

I love the product but all I always hear is protools,nuendo etc.. I
wish more studios carried this product I mean pro is only 40 bucks a
month rental which is peanuts.

The rental model is weird, but it might be a good marketing strategy.

Why is it that it is not as popular as
the other ones?

I worry about Magix because they have a couple of real good products and
also a couple of real dogs. The consumer Music Studio has a great audio
application, and is bundled with a pretty dreadful midi sequencer. But
they don't market it very well, don't provide demo versions, and don't
have a very pleasant support website, etc.

I suspect the company is small, and operated by Germans who are entirely
set in their ways.

Benjamin Maas

I have no worries about Magix surviving. I read a while back that they were
the #1 provider of consumer music software in the world. Talking the real
cheap stuff they sell at places like Best Buy, Comp USA and similar
stores...

Samplitude and Sequoia sure aren't where they make their money.

--Ben

--
Benjamin Maas
Fifth Circle Audio

Please remove "Nospam" from address for replies

"

J.C. Scott

The only thing I wish Sequoia would've implemented sooner is ReWire and
broader VST support. As it is, a lot of VST's just aren't compatible.
That isn't to say there aren't a lot that are but nonetheless I'm
fairly certain version 8 will correct some of this.

playon

I'm sure Magix made good use spinning off the code developed for
Samplitude & Sequoia to use in their cheaper products.

Al

On Tue, 11 Jan 2005 22:56:35 -0800, "Benjamin Maas"
wrote:

I have no worries about Magix surviving. I read a while back that they were
the #1 provider of consumer music software in the world. Talking the real
cheap stuff they sell at places like Best Buy, Comp USA and similar
stores...

Samplitude and Sequoia sure aren't where they make their money.

--Ben

Bev

Benjamin Maas wrote: "I read a while back that they were the #1
provider of consumer music software in the world."

Yeah, what software is that?? I thought most people used windows media
player or EasyCD or something.

play on

On 12 Jan 2005 12:46:24 -0800, "Bev"
wrote:

Benjamin Maas wrote: "I read a while back that they were the #1
provider of consumer music software in the world."

Yeah, what software is that?? I thought most people used windows media
player or EasyCD or something.

Take a look at the Magix comsumer products catalog sometime:

http://site.magix.net/index.php?id=411

Al

Bev

"Benjamin Maas" wrote in news:-
Recording/editng software...

Well, I supposed that you were discussing some type of software for
burning CDs but the figure "millions" was mentioned. It just didn't
seem to me that millions of people were even recording audio stuff. So
it was more a question about that figure. If we were discussing Adobe
Corp. the millions figure wouldn't give me pause. As a user of
Samplitude & a follower of the Samp forums, I find it rather amazing to
hear from developers (& in such a personal way) at all. Big
corporations have "tech support" staff do that. While never censored, I
did get a rather curt personal response to a tech question once, in
effect, "any dummy would know ... ." I think that guy Sebastian is
really a case! Knowledgeable but no bedside manners.

james of tucson

On 2005-01-13, Bev wrote:

It just didn't
seem to me that millions of people were even recording audio stuff.

You live in a pro-audio world, and are mercifully spared.

"DJ Mixing" is all the rage these days, get it?
Peter Huber

I got censored for mentioning their $59 recording/editing software, you

Hi,

what exactly did you mention? Just interested... recently I bought their
music studio 2005 including "audio studio": looks nice when compared to
Samp/Sequoia;-)

Terry

"Peter Huber" wrote in
:

I got censored for mentioning their $59 recording/editing software, you

Hi,

what exactly did you mention?

Well, to be accurate, it was the title of my post that they censored, I
assume they took exception to the wording (which made a reference to Magix
of a sort they obviously didn't like)

Regards,

Terry
play on

The $79 Music Maker Deluxe package looks even better... less features
than Samplitude but I'd guess it probably sounds as good.

Al