Stefan Garr

Default source for Studio boom

Hi,

I'm looking for a studio mic boom stand with a 5 to 7 ft boom that can
be counter weighted so well that I can literally push the mike in
front of me up and down.

If anyone has info, it'll be appreciated.

Stefan Garr
Scott Dorsey

Stefan Garr wrote:

I'm looking for a studio mic boom stand with a 5 to 7 ft boom that can
be counter weighted so well that I can literally push the mike in
front of me up and down.

Try a broadcast supply house like BSW or Harris-Allied. There are several
companies making spring-loaded booms for broadcast studios.
Mike Rivers

In article writes:

I'm looking for a studio mic boom stand with a 5 to 7 ft boom that can
be counter weighted so well that I can literally push the mike in
front of me up and down.

Take a look at what
http://www.latchlakemusic.com has to offer. Work
your way to Studio Products and check out the MicKing stand, booms,
and mounting accessories.

--
I'm really Mike Rivers - )
hollywood_steve

(Mike Rivers) wrote in message news:znr1069262926k@trad...
In article
writes:

I'm looking for a studio mic boom stand with a 5 to 7 ft boom that can
be counter weighted so well that I can literally push the mike in
front of me up and down.

Take a look at what
http://www.latchlakemusic.com has to offer. Work
your way to Studio Products and check out the MicKing stand, booms,
and mounting accessories.

I really like what they've accomplished with this stand, but I hope
that they add some more info to the website. They make some grand
claims for the boom clutch, but the detailed sketch of the clutch is
about 1/2" square. A nice exploded view drawing (full page) might
help sell the idea. Also, the "Xtra boom" (or whatever they are
called) is another great idea, but there are no photos or drawings of
them on the site. 5 minutes with a digital camera and they could
convince a LOT more folks that this thing is worth the money they're
asking.