BOB URZ

Default Aiwa Volume control

Sofie wrote:

Bob Urz:
Unless you accidentally bent a spring contact or there was an error when you
re-assembled the control or there is a lifted trace on the pcb...... the
repair control should work perfectly..... you may want to double-check
things. ..... or as the reply post by Mark D. Zacharias pointed out, you
could install a new part.
I have fixed dozens and dozens of these controls without a callback or
failure.
--
Best Regards,
Daniel Sofie

Strange, after i did it and it was not quite right, i let it sit and cook on the
bench. Tried it latter, and it was much better. If i turned the control slower,
it would work either way. But turing it faster still confused it for some
reason.

Bob

Sofie

Bob Urz:
It sounds like you may have left too much hardened goo inside? ? ?
--
Best Regards,
Daniel Sofie

"BOB URZ" wrote in message

Strange, after i did it and it was not quite right, i let it sit and cook

on the
bench. Tried it latter, and it was much better. If i turned the control

slower,
it would work either way. But turing it faster still confused it for some
reason.

Bob

Over 100,000 Newsgroups - 19 Different Servers! =-----

Shrivel

I had this problem with my pre-amp once. As soon as I turned it on, the
volume would ramp all the way to the top - scared the beejezus outta me!

Once I picked the book up off the remote control on the coffee table, the
problem went away ;-)

"BOB URZ" wrote in message
I had a aiwa cx-na888 come in with a strange volume control
problem. It wants to go to max volume and stay there no matter
which way the shaft is turned. I don't have the manual yet.
Its a rotary encoder, not a liner audio pot. Both sides of the encoder
seem to look the same when turning the control while looking at them
on the scope. Anyone seen this before and have any insight?
I soldered up a few suspicious connections, but no change.

Bob