Posted to rec.audio.car
[email protected] bluechipjazz@gmail.com is offline

Default Basic Q on speaker installation

Installing a Sony HD 5212 in a boat. 4 channel/17 watts/channel. Only
installing in two channels (L/R Rear).

Should I wire the front outputs together with the rears (ie Right F/R
+, Right, F/R -) to take advantage of the power/watts or is it not
worth it.

Thx
Chip L
Posted to rec.audio.car
Mister.Lull Mister.Lull is offline

Hi Chip,

The short answer is that you should just wire the rear channels and
not worry about trying to bridge the front channels in.

Mainly, I say this because most decks out there aren't really designed
to allow for bridging. I would simply check the manual on that HU, if
it has a section on/about bridging channels then follow that - but
chances are that it doesn't; and you shouldn't.

Hope that helps!
~Mister.Lull

On Apr 20, 5:56*am, wrote:
Installing a Sony HD 5212 in a boat. 4 channel/17 watts/channel. Only
installing in two channels (L/R Rear).

Should I wire the front outputs together with the rears (ie Right F/R
+, Right, F/R -) to take advantage of the power/watts or is it not
worth it.

Thx
Chip L

Posted to rec.audio.car
GregS[_3_] GregS[_3_] is offline

On Apr 20, 5:56=A0am, wrote:
Installing a Sony HD 5212 in a boat. 4 channel/17 watts/channel. Only
installing in two channels (L/R Rear).

Should I wire the front outputs together with the rears (ie Right F/R
+, Right, F/R -) to take advantage of the power/watts or is it not
worth it.

Thx
Chip L

I can't even find that model. Most all HU's are bridged in all 4 channels.
What he is doing is trying to parallel bridged channels. You could
probably do it with caution with large resistors in series
with each lead from each speaker output, but its
not worth it. It would require 8 resistors.Some commercial
PA power amps actually have parallel outputs.
The answer for more power is a BIG separate amplifier.

greg
Posted to rec.audio.car
MOSFET MOSFET is offline

I agree with all that has been said. By parelleling two speaker outputs,
you could POSIBBLY break it by presenting a load on your HU that will break
it.

As Greg correctly determined, if you want more volume (as well as more
detail in your music, and greater dynamics) you will have to purchase an
outboard amplifier.

But as Lull pointed out, the best bet for now is just using two channels
from your HU.

MOSFET

"GregS" wrote in message
In article