Posted to rec.audio.tech
Trevor Wilson

Default Assistance with obsolete parts

I require the following difficult to obtain parts:

uPD6362C (Input matix switching IC for audio equipment)
NSM4202A (LED display module)
MB8841-209L (CPU)
CX193 (Comparator)

Searching the web has turned up a few places, whose minimum order quantities
are unnacceptably large. Any ideas on where I can purchase small quantities
of the above items? (No more than 2 of each)

TIA

--
Trevor Wilson
www.rageaudio.com.au

Posted to rec.audio.tech
Phil Allison

"Trevor Wilson"

I require the following difficult to obtain parts:

uPD6362C (Input matix switching IC for audio equipment)
NSM4202A (LED display module)
MB8841-209L (CPU)
CX193 (Comparator)

Searching the web has turned up a few places, whose minimum order
quantities are unnacceptably large. Any ideas on where I can purchase
small quantities of the above items? (No more than 2 of each)

** Have you asked the folk who *MADE* the thing you are fixing ??

BTW

It would help others if you posted the * make and model* of the unit
concerned.

That CPU is bound to be a custom programmed to suit the particular unit,
too.

........ Phil

Posted to rec.audio.tech
Trevor Wilson

"Phil Allison" wrote in message

"Trevor Wilson"

I require the following difficult to obtain parts:

uPD6362C (Input matix switching IC for audio equipment) NAD 7400
NSM4202A (LED display module) Krell CD player
MB8841-209L (CPU) Sony PSX75 Turntable
CX193 (Comparator) Sony PSX75

Searching the web has turned up a few places, whose minimum order
quantities are unnacceptably large. Any ideas on where I can purchase
small quantities of the above items? (No more than 2 of each)

** Have you asked the folk who *MADE* the thing you are fixing ??

**Duh. Of course.

BTW

It would help others if you posted the * make and model* of the unit
concerned.

**I doubt it, since most of the parts are/were generic. The CPU being the
only exception. It comes from a Sony turntable.

That CPU is bound to be a custom programmed to suit the particular unit,
too.

**Of course.

--
Trevor Wilson
www.rageaudio.com.au

Posted to rec.audio.tech
Phil Allison

"Trevor Wilson"

I require the following difficult to obtain parts:

uPD6362C (Input matix switching IC for audio equipment) NAD 7400
NSM4202A (LED display module) Krell CD player
MB8841-209L (CPU) Sony PSX75 Turntable
CX193 (Comparator) Sony PSX75

Searching the web has turned up a few places, whose minimum order
quantities are unnacceptably large. Any ideas on where I can purchase
small quantities of the above items? (No more than 2 of each)

** Have you asked the folk who *MADE* the thing you are fixing ??

**Duh. Of course.

** No need to be a smartarse.

BTW

It would help others if you posted the * make and model* of the unit
concerned.

**I doubt it, since most of the parts are/were generic.

** That is plain idiotic.

If folk knew the make and model it makes tracking down parts far easier.

Someone may have the same unit and be prepared to cannibalise it.

The CPU being the only exception. It comes from a Sony turntable.

** I see you*now*, sneakily INCLUDED the essential make & modal numbers.

That CPU is bound to be a custom programmed to suit the particular unit,
too.

**Of course.

** So tracking a spare one down REQUIRES knowing the make and model of the
unit it is from.

Grow up, any time - Trev.

....... Phil

Posted to rec.audio.tech
Mark Harriss

Trevor Wilson wrote:
I require the following difficult to obtain parts:

uPD6362C (Input matix switching IC for audio equipment)
NSM4202A (LED display module)
MB8841-209L (CPU)
CX193 (Comparator)

Searching the web has turned up a few places, whose minimum order quantities
are unnacceptably large. Any ideas on where I can purchase small quantities
of the above items? (No more than 2 of each)

TIA

This IC broker site has all of them except the exact MB8841 variant.
http://www.hkinventory.com

http://www.21icsearch.com/searchpdf/fujitsu/mb8841.pdf
Unfortunately buying one-offs may be hard to do

Posted to rec.audio.tech
Jeff Findley

"Trevor Wilson" wrote in message
.. .
I require the following difficult to obtain parts:

uPD6362C (Input matix switching IC for audio equipment)
NSM4202A (LED display module)
MB8841-209L (CPU)
CX193 (Comparator)

Searching the web has turned up a few places, whose minimum order
quantities are unnacceptably large. Any ideas on where I can purchase
small quantities of the above items? (No more than 2 of each)

Have you tried here?

http://www.partstore.com/

I've ordered small quantities of parts from them in the past.

Jeff
safety"
- B. Franklin, Bartlett's Familiar Quotations (1919)

Posted to rec.audio.tech
Mike Coatham

"Trevor Wilson" wrote in message
.. .
I require the following difficult to obtain parts:

uPD6362C (Input matix switching IC for audio equipment)
NSM4202A (LED display module)
MB8841-209L (CPU)
CX193 (Comparator)

Searching the web has turned up a few places, whose minimum order

quantities
are unnacceptably large. Any ideas on where I can purchase small

quantities
of the above items? (No more than 2 of each)

TIA

--
Trevor Wilson
www.rageaudio.com.au

You may not find everything at this site but they are worth bookmarking for
future reference:
http://www.acme-sales.net/acmecart/h...in/portal.html

I've used them occaisonally and they provide excellent service

Mike