Posted to rec.audio.pro
SFG

Default HELP: Stream audio on ADSL from the PUB to the RADIO

A question: exists a software that allows me to transfer the audio stereo
through the ADSL, naturally with two PC, without having to acquire a codec
to ardware?
Is necessary to install a serveur or to use a Virtual Server in the firewall
of the modem? Or exists other solutions?
Someone has already tried?
I would have to create a link between a pub and a radio station, and is
available the ADSL line, by a PC I thought that it could be made.
Someone has experience in this solutions?
Thank you very very much!!!

Posted to rec.audio.pro
Mikey

This is pretty straight forward. You can get a free copy of Audacity,
http://sourceforge.net/projects/audacity, and make the source your
sound card. Click record when the music starts and you're done. You can
select bit and sample rates to your taste and use Audacity to chop up
the results into songs. HOWEVER, if you are stealing commercial music,
your should go to a legitimate downloading site and pay for the music.

Posted to rec.audio.pro
Jim

I guess it might not have been straight enough fer ya. This guy wants to
take music being played live at a pub and send it to a local radio station
via the internet capability in his area.
He wants to stream to a radio staion for play over the air waves.
At least that's what I got from that. Also I think he was asking how to do
this without the use of codecs. lol
(not laughing at him. just thought the idea itself was goofy)
Maybe if they set up a peer to peer between the station and the pub.

--
Pray for success please. :-)
http://web.nccray.net/jshodges/mommasaid/sss.htm
"Mikey" wrote in message
ups.com...
This is pretty straight forward. You can get a free copy of Audacity,
http://sourceforge.net/projects/audacity, and make the source your
sound card. Click record when the music starts and you're done. You can
select bit and sample rates to your taste and use Audacity to chop up
the results into songs. HOWEVER, if you are stealing commercial music,
your should go to a legitimate downloading site and pay for the music.

Posted to rec.audio.pro
Scott Dorsey

Jim wrote:
I guess it might not have been straight enough fer ya. This guy wants to
take music being played live at a pub and send it to a local radio station
via the internet capability in his area.
He wants to stream to a radio staion for play over the air waves.
At least that's what I got from that. Also I think he was asking how to do
this without the use of codecs. lol
(not laughing at him. just thought the idea itself was goofy)
Maybe if they set up a peer to peer between the station and the pub.

The solution is to buy the Comrex boxes that are specifically intended for
the application. Point to point links over the internet with pretty
reasonable compression at higher data rates. Basically intended to replace
ISDN circuits and copper loops for remote broadcast use.

Posted to rec.audio.pro
Julian

On 24 May 2006 13:45:33 -0400, (Scott Dorsey) wrote:

Jim wrote:
I guess it might not have been straight enough fer ya. This guy wants to
take music being played live at a pub and send it to a local radio station
via the internet capability in his area.
He wants to stream to a radio staion for play over the air waves.
At least that's what I got from that. Also I think he was asking how to do
this without the use of codecs. lol
(not laughing at him. just thought the idea itself was goofy)
Maybe if they set up a peer to peer between the station and the pub.

The solution is to buy the Comrex boxes that are specifically intended for
the application. Point to point links over the internet with pretty
reasonable compression at higher data rates. Basically intended to replace
ISDN circuits and copper loops for remote broadcast use.
--scott

I assume you mean these, Scott.

http://www.comrex.com/products/access.htm

These are new. They work on Broadband, POTS (plain old telephone),
ISDN, and even wireless networks. I saw them at NAB. I want a pair.
They're about $6,000.

I also saw this at NAB:

http://www.barix.com/

Were talking $800 for a pair. I talked to the Swiss inventor for a
quite a while. Talk about a smart engineer! He's convinced he's made
these things rock solid even over public Internet at 320 kbps mp3 and
says he'll have an uncompressed version out soon that will be just as
reliable. Only caveat is his converters are cheap. He recommends
converting to and from SPDIF using higher quality converters than he
provides.

Julian