Posted to rec.audio.car
Tony F

Default There's something NEW in my garage!!

http://tinyurl.com/lzztq

2006 Mustang GT Coupe 5-speed
Wow. I've never fallen in love with a car so fast as this one. I just got
it Tuesday and I've already been smitten. Awesome car.

I'm thinking, since I've never had one before, putting in a 5.1 system.
Unless I change my mind, I'm probably gonna get:

Alpine IVA-D310 in dash DVD player
http://tinyurl.com/pgymg

Alpine MRA-D550 5-channel digital theater amp
http://tinyurl.com/n5f4y

Alpine SBS-05DC in-dash center channel speaker
http://tinyurl.com/lkd2o

MTX Amplified Thunderform custom sub enclosure (12")
http://tinyurl.com/pmea9

I haven't decided on speakers yet. I'm very partial to Dynaudio, but
there's tons of others I'm interested in that I haven't owned yet (I
wouldn't mind some variety). I wouldn't mind a set of Boston Z-series
separates, because my home speakers use the same VR aluminum dome tweeter,
which sounds GREAT. Who knows. Haven't decided yet.

Tony

--
2001 Nissan Maxima SE Anniversary Edition
Clarion DRZ9255 Head Unit, Phoenix Gold ZX475ti, ZX450 and Xenon X1200.1

2001 Chevy S10 ZR2
Pioneer DEH-P9600MP Head Unit, Phoenix Gold Ti500.4 Amp, Focal 165HC
Speakers & Image Dynamics ID8 D4 v.3 Sub

2006 Mustang GT Coupe

Posted to rec.audio.car
MOSFET

Ooohh, I'm soooo jealous. NICE RIDE, DUDE!!!!

A 5.1 channel system sounds fun. Though I do have video, I have not yet
been brave enough to attempt this, it's that pesky
center-channel-speaker-thing that frightens me.

Well, let me give you my thoughts on the gear you are considering....

First, I have been REALLY happy with the VR series midbass drivers that
replaced my MB Quart PSD 6.5" drivers. I can't believe how much more
midbass I can get out of those, it's like a pair of 8's! If you are
considering their tweeters, I would definitely consider their midbass
drivers as well. I have used Boston Pro series as well and these JL drivers
beat those, too. "SPANKIN' MIDBASS", just like the ads say!

As far as amps, I don't know, I'm not a big fan of those single amp for
everything designs. I'll tell you why. When I used to own MY Maxima (a
'95), I used to have a single amp for everything, a Soundstream Reference
705 (the renamed Continuum). First off, it was HUGE and hard to find a
place for it (but I notice that the Alpine you've selected is smaller).
Second, it sort of limits you. I like being able to use multiple (I use
four amps right now) amplifiers that I can switch out, upgrade, move and so
on. IMHO, the multi-amp approach just gives you more flexibility. Also, is
60 watts per channel enough? I don't think it is for fronts, ESPECIALLY if
you are not going to bi-amp your fronts which I assume you are not.

I DO think the sub choice is a good one. For a smaller car like that, I
would think that a single 12" would be fine (I know you are not into
POUNDING bass). And MTX ROCKS!

And lastly, are you really going to go with Crutchfields? Here's my
thoughts on that. If you are going to pay those kind of premium prices, I
would want to buy from a local dealer, that way if there's any problem you
can quickly return your gear or have it fixed quickly. If you want to go
mail-order, there are much cheaper outlets (I got my Alpine 9853 new for
$220, at Crutchfields it lists for $349).

LOVE YOUR CAR!!!!

MOSFET

"Tony F" wrote in message
[...]

Posted to rec.audio.car
MOSFET

Correction, I reread your message and I see that you were NOT talking about
JL when you mentioned VR. Oh well, my original response applies, JL makes
REALLY good midbass drivers.

MOSFET

"Tony F" wrote in message
[...]

Posted to rec.audio.car
bob wald

mustang..lol i guess if i wanted a common car that was cheap id buy a
mustang...
i guess its a 2door.lol
i see you getting it from behind with all the extra costs on the
stang..2door,sports car,bigger engine. i guess now youre just like the
other 5000+ people driving mustangs 100mile radius from you....

Posted to rec.audio.car
bob wald

excuse me.. but ford i'm not a fan of. and if you start bragging on
something.expect to get negative remarks back.
Especially if the thing you bragging on is average....
the higher cost of a mustang and insurance.Makes it a car i wouldnt buy.
but as long as ya happy..that all that really maters.as for me i would
want a much exciting choice. eclipse or jag. not much more either.
eclipse with 265hp.....smoke the mustang in 1/4 mile.
i think the eclipse is a 6cylinder too.

Posted to rec.audio.car
Tony F

Look here Bob Wald ****head.

I had the unfortunate process to go through of having my grandmother and
mother pass away last year. Needless to say, mother****er, I have more than
enough money to buy pretty much any car I wanted, asshole. I was very
tempted to go out and buy a ton of different cars costing many, many times
more than the Mustang, douchebag. Needless to say, I purchased something
that I liked, is pretty damn fast, and a little on the practical side,
assface.

**** off and don't ever reply to ANY of my posts.

And check your data, ****head:

2006 Mustang GT 5-speed
300 hp, 320 lb-ft
1/4 mile 13.8 secs

2006 Mitsubishi Eclipse GT-V6
263 hp, 260 lb-ft
1/4 mile 14.5 secs
Both specs taken from Car And Driver.

(please don't take this as an invitation to reply...just leave it as is)

Tony

--

"bob wald" wrote in message
excuse me.. but ford i'm not a fan of. and if you start bragging on
something.expect to get negative remarks back.
Especially if the thing you bragging on is average....
the higher cost of a mustang and insurance.Makes it a car i wouldnt buy.
but as long as ya happy..that all that really maters.as for me i would
want a much exciting choice. eclipse or jag. not much more either.
eclipse with 265hp.....smoke the mustang in 1/4 mile.
i think the eclipse is a 6cylinder too.

Posted to rec.audio.car
Tony F

Thanks for the input, Nick. I'll definitely check out the JL VR series as
well. I'm not sure if my local retailer sells them or not.

As far as Crutchfield goes, I was just using their website for the links.
I'm going to either, a) buy everything off of eBay and save some money, or
b) buy from my local retailer for about the same or slightly lower price
than Crutchfield for warranty and local service. I haven't decided yet.

I'm usually not a big fan of one amp does everything, either. But since my
main system will always be in my Maxima, I want something simple, yet
decent, in the Mustang. Something I won't be tempted to mess around with
ALL THE TIME like my Maxima!! LOL I just want something that sounds good,
and is FUN!! (hence the 5.1).

BTW...the stock "Shaker 500" audio system sound pretty darn good for an OEM
system.

Tony

--
2001 Nissan Maxima SE Anniversary Edition
Clarion DRZ9255 Head Unit, Phoenix Gold ZX475ti, ZX450 and Xenon X1200.1
Amplifiers, Dynaudio System 360 Tri-Amped In Front and Focal 130HCs For Rear
Fill, Image Dynamics IDMAX10 D4 v.3 Sub

2001 Chevy S10 ZR2
Pioneer DEH-P9600MP Head Unit, Phoenix Gold Ti500.4 Amp, Focal 165HC
Speakers & Image Dynamics ID8 D4 v.3 Sub

2006 Mustang GT Coupe

Posted to rec.audio.car
MOSFET

decent, in the Mustang. Something I won't be tempted to mess around with
ALL THE TIME like my Maxima!! LOL

God, I HEAR you on that. I JUST came in from changing out my rear-fill amp,
to something a bit more powerful. But the damn screw-down power-terminals
didn't accept 4 gauge bare power wire. So here I am with the seat out, old
amp removed, and I am forced to improvise something sloppy to make it work
(I didn't have 4 gauge connectors handy and as the FRONT SEAT WAS OUT OF THE
CAR, I couldn't go to my local Radio Shack). It's times like this I wish I
would just leave it well enough alone! LOL I swear, it's a sickness.

MOSFET

Posted to rec.audio.car
bob wald

i never said anything about money. i am suprised at these attacks on my
charactor...
i just said mustangs aret that great...
get over yourself...
we all have dead relatives too...

Posted to rec.audio.car
bob wald

sorry about the reply.didnt read the end until after i did.

Posted to rec.audio.car
MOSFET

i am suprised at these attacks on my
charactor...

LOL
Bob, you FINALLY said something funny! Way to go!

MOSFET

Posted to rec.audio.car
Tony F

"i hear the 2006 maximas are really good..like 275hp."

Bob, I really don't want you to have any part in my threads. Start your
own. Please stay out of mine...you are UNWELCOME.

Tony

--
2001 Nissan Maxima SE Anniversary Edition
Clarion DRZ9255 Head Unit, Phoenix Gold ZX475ti, ZX450 and Xenon X1200.1
Amplifiers, Dynaudio System 360 Tri-Amped In Front and Focal 130HCs For Rear
Fill, Image Dynamics IDMAX10 D4 v.3 Sub

2001 Chevy S10 ZR2
Pioneer DEH-P9600MP Head Unit, Phoenix Gold Ti500.4 Amp, Focal 165HC
Speakers & Image Dynamics ID8 D4 v.3 Sub

Posted to rec.audio.car
bob wald

tony...i'm sorry you are like you are...
hope you get a life soon.
ill talk about whatever i like.tony ****off. lol

Posted to rec.audio.car
Chad Wahls

Congrats man, I've never been a 'stang fan but I must admit that the new
ones are absolutely beautiful!!! Ford has done some really cool stuff wiht
the retro styling and they are catching my eye more and more, Dang I can't
believe I just said that

Feels good to have a new toy eh?

Chad

"Tony F" wrote in message
[...]

Posted to rec.audio.car
Brandonb

Congrats.

A friend of mine has all the Alpine equipment you listed (the IVA-D300
though instead of the 310), with the 5.1 in his Ford Focus. He
absolutely loves it.

Brandonb

Tony F wrote:
Alpine IVA-D310 in dash DVD player
http://tinyurl.com/pgymg

Alpine MRA-D550 5-channel digital theater amp
http://tinyurl.com/n5f4y

Alpine SBS-05DC in-dash center channel speaker
http://tinyurl.com/lkd2o

Posted to rec.audio.car
Brandonb

Your Radio Shack has 4 gauge connectors? Damn. Ours here just kinda
blink emptily if you ask them anything they should know or have.

Brandonb

MOSFET wrote:

God, I HEAR you on that. I JUST came in from changing out my rear-fill amp,
to something a bit more powerful. But the damn screw-down power-terminals
didn't accept 4 gauge bare power wire. So here I am with the seat out, old
amp removed, and I am forced to improvise something sloppy to make it work
(I didn't have 4 gauge connectors handy and as the FRONT SEAT WAS OUT OF THE
CAR, I couldn't go to my local Radio Shack). It's times like this I wish I
would just leave it well enough alone! LOL I swear, it's a sickness.

MOSFET

Posted to rec.audio.car
MOSFET

There's a guy who works at our Radio shack who is REALLY into car audio. He
has them stock a FULL line of Monster Cable products. They way he explained
it to me, independent Radio shack franchises can stock just about anything
they want.

MOSFET

MOSFET wrote:

God, I HEAR you on that. I JUST came in from changing out my rear-fill
amp, to something a bit more powerful. But the damn screw-down
power-terminals didn't accept 4 gauge bare power wire. So here I am with
the seat out, old amp removed, and I am forced to improvise something
sloppy to make it work (I didn't have 4 gauge connectors handy and as the
FRONT SEAT WAS OUT OF THE CAR, I couldn't go to my local Radio Shack).
It's times like this I wish I would just leave it well enough alone! LOL
I swear, it's a sickness.

MOSFET

acoustic treatment in the garage makes it sound bass heavy Jake Saliba Pro Audio 10 November 22nd 05 01:00 PM
Converting Garage bbopsax Pro Audio 17 June 17th 05 09:03 PM
FS- Pro Audio garage sale MHLINE Pro Audio 1 October 20th 03 05:28 AM
FA Reciever for the Garage - Technics R330 $30 bucks Roy Marketplace 0 September 21st 03 04:16 AM
FS- Garage sale pro-audio and more MHLINE Pro Audio 0 September 2nd 03 01:47 AM