Dave Hurtle

Default New Tube Exchange Database

Hi,

This is my first time here. I follow the antique radio group and
created a database so people can list the tubes they have available or
need to promote trading amongst themselves as opposed to paying retail
or Ebay prices. If you need particular tubes and have others to trade
you might be able to work something out.

I created it because the radio guys are always helpful in answering my
questions but the more people that use it the better it will be so
check it out.

Here's the URL:
http://www.hurtle.com/tubes

Thanks,
Dave
arizona cowboy

"Dave Hurtle" wrote in message
om...
Hi,

This is my first time here. I follow the antique radio group and
created a database so people can list the tubes they have available or
need to promote trading amongst themselves as opposed to paying retail
or Ebay prices. If you need particular tubes and have others to trade
you might be able to work something out.

I created it because the radio guys are always helpful in answering my
questions but the more people that use it the better it will be so
check it out.

Here's the URL:
http://www.hurtle.com/tubes

Thanks,
Dave

You want to set it up for have the option of bulk list entry (text file is
fine, one tube number per line)
my spare tube list is in the 100's of tube numbers and so is my want list
(this is a sure sign I have too many radios, amps, and tubes!)

who wants to enter the tube numbers one at a time?

Dave Hurtle

"arizona cowboy" cacheoverflowATyahoo.com wrote in message ...
Here's the URL:
http://www.hurtle.com/tubes

You want to set it up for have the option of bulk list entry (text file is
fine, one tube number per line)
my spare tube list is in the 100's of tube numbers and so is my want list
(this is a sure sign I have too many radios, amps, and tubes!)

who wants to enter the tube numbers one at a time?

The first thing I have to consider is how many people have their spare
tube list in a spreadsheet or in a formatted text file. I'm guessing
not many. I probably could whip up a bulk listing feature but I'd
have to deal with everyone not having their data not formatted
properly and such. I'd be deluged with e-mails asking for help. By
the time you get done fussing with your data to make it compatible
with a bulk lister you could probably pop in a good percentage of your
tubes with what's available now.

I do like this idea but it seems like it would create more problems
than it would solve (at least for me). Anyway, I really can't justify
doing more work on the site until it proves itself. Right now about
10-20 people visit per hour but nobody posts much. If you want to see
enhancements to the site the best thing you can do is put in a few
entries (the long way for now). Hopefully the results will be good
and you'll do some more and maybe eventually I'll be encouraged to add
new features such as this.

-Dave