Mike

Default Voice overs

Wanted to get a run down of software currently being used by Voice talent on
this board.

What do you use and what do you like about it?

Thanks.

Mike

Steve King

"Mike" wrote in message
Wanted to get a run down of software currently being used by Voice talent

on
this board.

What do you use and what do you like about it?

Thanks.

Mike

Cool Edit Pro by Syntrillium, now Audition by Sony. I like the interface.
I like that so many effects (compressions, EQ, etc.) are inherently part of
the software making plug-ins unnecessary. The multi-track capabilities work
well for radio-type programming that I produce. The price is right. I
tried to like Sonic Foudry's Sound Forge. I used it through two upgrades.
However, when I tried Cool Edit Pro, I found it easy to switch.

Steve King

Chris!

"Mike" wrote in message
Wanted to get a run down of software currently being used by Voice talent

on
this board.

Pro Tools LE 6.4 and a Digi001 for PC is what I use. Love the interface, the
editing features are superb and it is--how many times have we heard
this--the industry standard. Most of the VO people around my neck of the
woods use PT with a few using DECK.

Before PT, I was a rabid SAW user. Loved it, but ever notice none of the
trades ever talk about SAW anymore?

--
Chris White, Freelance Advertising Writer & Voice Overs*
Email: Web: www.chriswhite.com

mcp6453

Chris! wrote:

Pro Tools LE 6.4 and a Digi001 for PC is what I use. Love the interface, the
editing features are superb and it is--how many times have we heard
this--the industry standard. Most of the VO people around my neck of the
woods use PT with a few using DECK.

Before PT, I was a rabid SAW user. Loved it, but ever notice none of the
trades ever talk about SAW anymore?

I have a brand new DOS copy of SAW that I never installed. Wonder how it
would work on a P4?