Posted to rec.audio.opinion
Jenn[_2_] Jenn[_2_] is offline

Default WHAT I BELIEVE (with reverb)

I believe in rainbows and puppy dogs and fairy tales.
And I believe in Mom, and apple pie, and baseball.
And I believe you should put a woman on a pedestal...high enough so you
can look up her dress.
And people say I'm crazy for saying this, but I believe that robots are
stealing my luggage.

But enough Steve Martin...

Here is what I believe shouldn't and should happen in RAO. It's not an
exhaustive listing, but I hope that it's complete enough for Scott and
Arny.

1. People shouldn't call people names.
2. People shouldn't make up fake names for other people, thereby making
fun of their actual names.
3. People shouldn't make claims about what another person has said
without being willing and able to prove their claim.
4. People shouldn't make fun of others' spouses.
5. People shouldn't bring up others' dead loved ones.
6. People shouldn't go "3D" unless invited to do so.
7. People should try to limit their "straw man" arguments.
8. People shouldn't post others' addresses or phone numbers.
9. People shouldn't stalk others, carrying out vendettas against them.
Take it to email.
10. No one can tell who started what ancient argument. The best way to
stop an argument is to stop participating in it.

and finally,
11. I believe that John McCain can lead this country back to what it
once was: an Arctic wasteland, covered with ice.

(cue big, emotional ending of Battle Hymn of the Republic)

Everyone please take note of this post and put a link to it in your
"favorite places". The next time someone wrongs you and for some
peculiar reason you feel that I should comment on it, please refer to
this post.
Posted to rec.audio.opinion
TT TT is offline

"Soundhaspriority" wrote in message
:
:
snipped all agreed stuff
:
: As for me, I assume that everyone on r.a.o. is my friend.
I always hope for
: the best.
:
: Bob Morein
: (310) 237-6511
:
I do likewise and even when people are aggressive towards me
I give them the benefit of the doubt because they just may
be having a bad day ;-) If they continue to behave badly
and show hostility towards myself and others I will then
react badly towards them.

There are grumpy people having a bad day(s) and then there
are those that are just generally hostile and look for
conflict. Arny falls into the latter category and his pan
NG sojourns to find an argument are legendary ;-)

A note to Jenn. If you really want to see a true NG psycho
do search on a poster called Phil Allison and check the
groups aus.hi-fi, aus.electronics, uk.rec.audio,
rec.audio.tubes. This is the foulest mouthed, most
contemptible personality you will ever have the misfortune
to encounter and he actually makes Arny seem almost normal
;-)

Cheers TT

Posted to rec.audio.opinion
Bob Eld Bob Eld is offline

"Jenn" wrote in message
[...]

You mean John McCain can solve Global Warming? Hmmm?

Posted to rec.audio.opinion

Bob Eld said:

11. I believe that John McCain can lead this country back to what it
once was: an Arctic wasteland, covered with ice.

You mean John McCain can solve Global Warming? Hmmm?

So saith Scottie Witlessmongrel. So believeth all the dummies.

reverb pug-in Adam Pro Audio 1 July 22nd 07 04:01 AM
matching reverb transformer to reverb tank? ralf Vacuum Tubes 7 November 10th 06 12:37 AM
Reverb Tip Jonny Durango Pro Audio 4 November 4th 05 09:50 PM
Reverb Shiverbones Pro Audio 6 April 2nd 05 06:09 PM
Reverb deharmonic Pro Audio 36 October 8th 03 02:07 PM