Posted to rec.audio.opinion

Default 2pid's "(self) righteous" indignation

Oh, the right-wing blogosphere was all atwitter 2pid, sensitive and
thoughtful soul that he is, picked up on the excitement right away. He
writes:

Obama's Uncle a Russian

who liberated Auschwitz right after he saved Hillary from snipers in
Bosnia.

http://minx.cc/?post=265103

What is it with stupid politicians spewing obvious lies in this
campaign?
Sadly this one demonstrates a very poor grasp of historical facts on
the part
of Obama....again.

formatting 2pid's

My response was:

Hm. Obama said "family legend". His grandfather served in WWII. I do
not know about his great uncles. Do you?

To which 2pid retorted:

I don't care if they did or did not. I do care if our president
knows
a little
bit of WWII history.

again, formatting 2pid's

Now comes, as conservative darling Paul Harvey might say, "the rest of
the story":

"Aides said Tuesday that his grandmother's brother, Charlie Payne,
helped liberate a Buchenwald sub-camp in April 1945 as part of the
89th Infantry Division."

"On April 4, 1945, the 89th overran Ohrdruf, a subcamp of the
Buchenwald concentration camp. Ohrdruf was the first Nazi
concentration camp liberated by U.S. troops in Germany," according to
the museum. "A week later, on April 12, Generals Dwight D. Eisenhower,
George S. Patton, and Omar Bradley visited Ohrdruf to see, firsthand,
evidence of Nazi atrocities against concentration camp prisoners."

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20080528/...bama_nazi_camp

So the question becomes not "Can someone who got one detail of a story
wrong that his parents or grandparents told him as a child lead this
country" but "Can reactionary people without the capacity for
thoughtful investigation without regard for ideology lead this country
in a rational and thoughtful way".

We know 2pid's 'rational and thoughtful' response already. Let's see
how other conservatives did on the "rational and thoughtful" front:

"Obama's mistaken mention of the camp on Monday quickly generated
Internet chatter, ranging from puzzlement to outrage. The Republican
Party demanded an explanation."

"It was Soviet troops that liberated Auschwitz, so unless his uncle
was serving in the Red Army, there's no way Obama's statement
yesterday can be true," said Alex Conant, a spokesman for the
Republican National Committee."

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20080528/...bama_nazi_camp

So we can see from 2pid and his ilk and from the RNC itself that
"rational and thoughtful" means that one small mistaken detail in a
story from (in Obama's case) two generations prior is worthy of
"outright rage", "obvious (i.e. chuckle I just *love* when 2pid uses
that word. It's always absurd!) lies", and "demands for explanations".

2pid summed it up quite nicely when I asked if he knew if Obama's
great uncles had served in the war: "I don't care." (BTW, for a real
hoot read the reaction comments below 2pid's cite. Unintelligent
'thought' runs rampant. "Obama's mother was an only child! He *has* no
uncles! He's a LIAR!" And so on.) Lol

As we can see from this extreme overreaction on the part of the
conservatives and the republicans, the only possible rational course
is to remove these radical buffoons from power as soon as possible.
They're far too reactionary and impatient to successfully govern
anything larger than a small township or a park board.

As Obama says, it is more than time for a change. And the sooner it is
the better it will be for the US. We desperately need thoughtful
leadership, not what we've been getting.

LoL
Posted to rec.audio.opinion

writes:

[...]

No comment, 2pid?

I do note the thundering silence of the right wingnuts on this "issue"
now. Lol
Posted to rec.audio.opinion

writes:

[...]

2pid. you were as upset about this as anything recently. You called
Obama an "outright liar" which is strong and VERY impolite language.
I'm pretty sure that, given your loose interpretations of word
definitions, Obama was probably even "seditious" ;-) here.

Why the sudden silence? I think we need to look into Obama's
"integrity" and "morals" ;-) here.

If he made a mistake, I would imagine that we need to get an apology
out of the scoundrel.

Don't you agree, 2pid? ;-)

I demand an explanation!

Lol
Posted to rec.audio.opinion

Default Breaking news: 2pid's "(self) righteous" indignation

writes:

[...]

As it turns out, Obama was not the first President or Presidential
hopeful to "outright lie" about a personal link with Nazi
concentration camps:

"In the 1987 book, Reagan's America: Innocents at Home, Gary Wills
notes that on two occasions, Reagan told visitors to the White House
that when he was in the military he had filmed the Nazi concentration
camps. That was false. He had served in Los Angeles, where he had made
training films."

http://www.thenation.com/blogs/capitalgames?pid=1487

[Note to 2pid: "at least" Reagan served.]

I do not think it is too late to demand an explanation from Reagan
just because Reagan is dead. Death was "clearly" ;-) just a ruse to
avoid facing this lie. "Obviously" ;-) we need this cleared up.

What do you 'think', 2pid?

Lol
Posted to rec.audio.opinion

On May 30, 8:30*pm, MiNe 109 wrote:
In article
,
*"Shhhh! I'm Listening to Reason!" wrote:

"...Reagan told visitors to the White House
that when he was in the military he had filmed the Nazi concentration
camps. That was false. He had served in Los Angeles, where he had made
training films."

But he went to Bitburg:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=itr-uzGr2Qc

I wonder if Bitberg is where McCain got General Petraeus' permission
to use his photo for fundraising:

Also on Friday, Mr. McCain admitted to making an error in using a
photograph of General Petraeus for fund-raising.

“It won’t happen again,” he said at the news conference, after Senator
John Kerry , Democrat of Massachusetts and an Obama supporter,
criticized him for “using a picture of General Petraeus in uniform to
raise money and launch negative attacks.”

Mr. Kerry pointed out that Mr. McCain’s fund-raising appeal, which
circulated as an e-mail message, came on the heels of an open letter
by Adm. Mike Mullen , the chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff ,
saying, “The U.S. military must remain apolitical at all times and in
all ways.”

A spokesman for General Petraeus, Lt. Col. Joseph M. Yoswa, said: “The
McCain campaign did not ask for permission to use the photo. General
Petraeus is aware of the photo being used. By no means does the use of
his photo mean he has endorsed anybody. He has not. He won’t. He
remains apolitical.”

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/24900460

Oh, I guess he didn't have permission after all.

I wonder what delicate nuance LGF shaded this with.

Posted to rec.audio.opinion
Jenn[_2_] Jenn[_2_] is offline

In article
,
"Shhhh! I'm Listening to Reason!" wrote:

On May 30, 8:30*pm, MiNe 109 wrote:
In article
,
*"Shhhh! I'm Listening to Reason!" wrote:

"...Reagan told visitors to the White House
that when he was in the military he had filmed the Nazi concentration
camps. That was false. He had served in Los Angeles, where he had made
training films."

But he went to Bitburg:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=itr-uzGr2Qc

I wonder if Bitberg is where McCain got General Petraeus' permission
to use his photo for fundraising:

Also on Friday, Mr. McCain admitted to making an error in using a
photograph of General Petraeus for fund-raising.

Has McCain admitted his error yet about troop levels in Iraq?
Posted to rec.audio.opinion

On May 31, 9:53 am, ScottW wrote:
On May 30, 6:18 pm, "Shhhh! I'm Listening to Reason!"

wrote:

As it turns out, Obama was not the first President or Presidential
hopeful to "outright lie" about a personal link with Nazi
concentration camps:

"In the 1987 book, Reagan's America: Innocents at Home, Gary Wills
notes that on two occasions, Reagan told visitors to the White House
that when he was in the military he had filmed the Nazi concentration
camps. That was false. He had served in Los Angeles, where he had made
training films."

http://www.thenation.com/blogs/capitalgames?pid=1487

[Note to 2pid: "at least" Reagan served.]

I do not think it is too late to demand an explanation from Reagan
just because Reagan is dead. Death was "clearly" ;-) just a ruse to
avoid facing this lie. "Obviously" ;-) we need this cleared up.

What do you 'think', 2pid?

I think in your world there is no sin as they've all be
committed before.

Not at all, 2pid. How easily (and predictably) you miss the point.
It's just that in your world only liburrals commit crimes.

The King of Conservatives, Mr. RR himself, didn't just misspeak, as
Obama did: he outright lied. And I *demand* an explanation!

Do you see any difference, dum-dum?

LoL

But your story from Gary Wills is a bit 3rd or 4th hand compared to
the video of Obama.

"You can't eat as much as you want." Obama

Funny, when I Google that quote all I get are conservative blogs. Why
is that?

It must be that liburral media conspiracy.

Or possibly the wingnuts (like you) trying to make mountains of
molehills...again.

Lol
Posted to rec.audio.opinion
Jenn[_2_] Jenn[_2_] is offline

In article
,
ScottW wrote:

On May 31, 9:02*am, Jenn wrote:
In article
,
*"Shhhh! I'm Listening to Reason!" wrote:

On May 30, 8:30*pm, MiNe 109 * wrote:
In article
,
*"Shhhh! I'm Listening to Reason!" wrote:

"...Reagan told visitors to the White House
that when he was in the military he had filmed the Nazi concentration
camps. That was false. He had served in Los Angeles, where he had made
training films."

But he went to Bitburg:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=itr-uzGr2Qc

I wonder if Bitberg is where McCain got General Petraeus' permission
to use his photo for fundraising:

Also on Friday, Mr. McCain admitted to making an error in using a
photograph of General Petraeus for fund-raising.

Has McCain admitted his error yet about troop levels in Iraq?

The McCain response

"What informed people understand, John McCain included, is that
American troops are not even close to Surge levels," said McCain
spokesman Tucker Bounds in a statement. "Three of the five Army
'Surge' brigades have been withdrawn and additional Marines that were
initially deployed for the 'Surge' have come home as well -- the
remaining two brigades will be home in July. Talk about a political
stunt, it's sending out campaign surrogates to parse words about a
topic Barack Obama has no experience with, and has shown zero interest
in learning about."

You really want the political campaigns to turn into the debating
trade of usenet?
Seems that you do.

Can dish it but not take it, huh?
Posted to rec.audio.opinion

On May 31, 11:31*am, ScottW wrote:
On May 31, 9:27*am, Jenn wrote:

In article
,

*ScottW wrote:
On May 31, 9:02*am, Jenn wrote:
In article
,
[...]

* Iraq is an important policy question.

Yes, so even after July, when there are still 10,000 more soldiers
than the "pre-surge" levels, will you be able to admit to McCain's
obvious lie?

* Obama's uncle is not.

Then why did you make such a big stink about it, 2pid? And why are you
so unwilling to admit that Obama said *one* mistaken word?

What an ignorant slimeball. Yes, dear 2pid, you are everso full of
'integrity' and 'moral decency'. Lol

* Apparently you can't see the difference.

Yes, this much is quite clear: Obama got a single location mixed up.
McCain obviously lied. ;-)
Posted to rec.audio.opinion

On May 31, 11:27*am, Jenn wrote:

[2pid] Can dish it but not take it, huh?

You really had to ask? :-)

Posted to rec.audio.opinion
Jenn[_2_] Jenn[_2_] is offline

In article
,
ScottW wrote:

On May 31, 9:27*am, Jenn wrote:
In article
,

*ScottW wrote:
On May 31, 9:02*am, Jenn wrote:
In article
,
[...]

Obama's uncle is not.

Exactly my point.
Posted to rec.audio.opinion

On May 31, 12:44*pm, "ScottW" wrote:
"Jenn" wrote in message
ScottW wrote:

wrote:

Can dish it but not take it, huh?

* Iraq is an important policy question.
* Obama's uncle is not.

Exactly my point.

*If that was your point you wouldn't stoop
*turning the Iraq debate into a trifle argument trying to
recover a lost trifle point.

Why, 2pid, you went absolutely *nuts* with Obama's misstatement.
"Obvious lies", you blathered.

And now, when the tables are turned and McCain makes a misstatement
(which is giving him the benefit of the doubt), you appear surprised
that we all laugh at you.

Is it any wonder to you that we all think you're an imbecile?

LoL
Posted to rec.audio.opinion

On May 31, 5:06*pm, "ScottW" wrote:
"Shhhh! I'm Listening to Reason!" wrote in

And now, when the tables are turned and McCain makes a misstatement
(which is giving him the benefit of the doubt), you appear surprised
that we all laugh at you.
I am not surprised that importance of the decision on our Iraq policy
is lost on you.

What does that have to do with McCain lying about how many troops are
there?

If you don't want to be insulted you have to at least give the
appearance of being smart.
Posted to rec.audio.opinion

On May 31, 5:06 pm, "ScottW" wrote:

"Shhhh! I'm Listening to Reason!" wrote in
And now, when the tables are turned and McCain makes a misstatement
(which is giving him the benefit of the doubt), you appear surprised
that we all laugh at you.
I am not surprised that importance of the decision on our Iraq policy
is lost on you.

What does that have to do with McCain lying about how many troops are
there?

If you don't want to be insulted you have to at least give the
appearance of being smart.

I'll leave the fixation with appearance to you.

You are what you wear, 2pid.

The Cloak of Stupidity looks good on you. ;-)

LoL