Phil Schuman

Default Teac 2300s - AC power cable needed

I have an old 1974 Teac 2300s reel to reel tape recorder
and somehow have lost the AC power cable.
It uses a standard 2-prong blade AC connector,
but the shell is really small and nothing I've found fits.

I've only found one place online that sells the cable,
but it was like $12 + shipping...

Any other sources you might have found
for this AC power cable ???

Phil Schuman

"Phil Schuman" wrote in message
I have an old 1974 Teac 2300s reel to reel tape recorder
and somehow have lost the AC power cable.
It uses a standard 2-prong blade AC connector,
but the shell is really small and nothing I've found fits.

I've only found one place online that sells the cable,
but it was like $12 + shipping...

Any other sources you might have found
for this AC power cable ???

here's a photo of the needed AC cable -
http://www.mkt-strat.com/swimteam/teac_power2.jpg

Joe Kesselman

There's always the alternative of giving up, removing the connector, and
replacing it with something you have a cable for... or installing a
permanant power cable, with suitable cover for the hole and strain
relief for the cable.

On the other hand, when you figure what your time is worth, $12+s&h for
the original cable may in fact be a cheaper solution.
Phil Schuman

"Phil Schuman" wrote in message

"Phil Schuman" wrote in message
I have an old 1974 Teac 2300s reel to reel tape recorder
and somehow have lost the AC power cable.
It uses a standard 2-prong blade AC connector,
but the shell is really small and nothing I've found fits.

I've only found one place online that sells the cable,
but it was like $12 + shipping...

Any other sources you might have found
for this AC power cable ???

here's a photo of the needed AC cable -
http://www.mkt-strat.com/swimteam/teac_power2.jpg

here's the website selling it -

$12 + $6 shipping = $20 for an AC power cable
http://www.dantiques.com/selectone.mv?SOT=34783

Tim Schwartz

Phil,

As I recall, that plug is a regular AC cord, 2 flat prongs. You might
be able to find an extension cord that will fit in. I've seen some
3-way 'cube taps' that will go in and let a normal extension cord be
used.

On the other hand, I have to agree with the other reply, $12 isn't so
bad.

Regards,
Tim Schwartz
Bristol Electronics

Phil Schuman wrote:

I have an old 1974 Teac 2300s reel to reel tape recorder
and somehow have lost the AC power cable.
It uses a standard 2-prong blade AC connector,
but the shell is really small and nothing I've found fits.

I've only found one place online that sells the cable,
but it was like $12 + shipping...

Any other sources you might have found
for this AC power cable ???

Jay Kadis

"Phil Schuman" wrote:

I have an old 1974 Teac 2300s reel to reel tape recorder
and somehow have lost the AC power cable.
It uses a standard 2-prong blade AC connector,
but the shell is really small and nothing I've found fits.

I've only found one place online that sells the cable,
but it was like $12 + shipping...

Any other sources you might have found
for this AC power cable ???

I made one for a 3340 that just uses crimp-on quick disconnects on a generic
extension cord to connect to the blades. Just put some heat-shrink tubing over
them to insulate.

-Jay
John L Rice

I did this once for a 2340, just an ungrounded power extension cord ( single
tap ) but the plastic/vinyl was flared at the end so I had to cut it down
with a knife.

--
John L Rice
www.DeliriumFix.com