Posted to rec.audio.pro
LarsonSound LarsonSound is offline

Default Sound Track Pro vs Pro Tools?

I've been asked to make a recommendation to a new TV studio that wants
to use Final
Cut Pro in their edit suites. I know nothing about Sound Track Pro
3. I'm already a Pro Tools op so that is what I want to suggest to
them but not sure if they will spend the money on PT if they think
they can just use STP. Any feedback would be helpful. Thanks.
Posted to rec.audio.pro
cedricl[_2_] cedricl[_2_] is offline

On Apr 19, 10:57*am, LarsonSound wrote:
I've been asked to make a recommendation to a new TV studio that wants
to use Final
Cut Pro in their edit suites. *I know nothing about Sound Track Pro
3. *I'm already a Pro Tools op so that is what I want to suggest to
them but not sure if they will spend the money on PT if they think
they can just use STP. *Any feedback would be helpful. *Thanks.

For their needs, STP will probably be fine since it's already
integrated into their video editing environment. Having another audio
editing app is never a problem, but, really needing one is sometimes
questionable. There are cheaper and less feature intensive
applications they could use if they need to go outside of the FCS/STP
environment.
Posted to rec.audio.pro
geoff geoff is offline

cedricl wrote:
On Apr 19, 10:57 am, LarsonSound wrote:
I've been asked to make a recommendation to a new TV studio that
wants to use Final
Cut Pro in their edit suites. I know nothing about Sound Track Pro
3. I'm already a Pro Tools op so that is what I want to suggest to
them but not sure if they will spend the money on PT if they think
they can just use STP. Any feedback would be helpful. Thanks.

For their needs, STP will probably be fine since it's already
integrated into their video editing environment. Having another audio
editing app is never a problem, but, really needing one is sometimes
questionable. There are cheaper and less feature intensive
applications they could use if they need to go outside of the FCS/STP
environment.

Tell them to try Vegas - and do both in one app.

geoff