Posted to rec.audio.tech
Fred

Default Paging Rotel gurus

I have an RSX-965 in need of repair (to say the least).
The transformer came loose and bounced around inside the receiver busting
things up good.
All in all three boards are damaged, the standby, power and amp boards.
My question is will the 965 work as a pre/pro with the amp board
disconnected?
My idea is to replace the standby and power boards, try to get it working,
and replace the amp board later (depending on cost, might not be worth it).

Does anybody have any ideas?

Also on the off chance anybody has any of these parts around or knows where
I can get them, let me know.
Thanks.