DJboutit2

Default I have two 12" 200watt subs and need a amp

I have two 12" 200watt subs and need a amp which of these 5 amps is the best
for my setup. These two subs are kinda cheap subs but they should do the job
just fine so I do not want to over power them the first time I use them.

http://www.etronics.com/product.asp?...ore=&catid=306
http://www.etronics.com/product.asp?...ore=&catid=306
http://www.etronics.com/product.asp?...ore=&catid=306
http://www.etronics.com/product.asp?...ore=&catid=307
http://www.etronics.com/product.asp?...ore=&catid=307

DJboutit2

I want a 4 channel so if I ever want to ad 2 more subs to my system I will
already have the amp.
Pug Fugley

"DJboutit2" wrote in message
I want a 4 channel so if I ever want to ad 2 more subs to my system I will
already have the amp.

That's not what a 4 channel is designed for. Yeah you CAN do it, but that's
not what a 4 channel is designed for. A 4 channel is mainly made for mids &
highs becuase it has 4 inputs..front l&r and rear l&r.

Just get a good one ohm stable subwoofer amp if you'll want to add more
subs, having 4 channel inputs for a subwoofer is a waste.

rick donnelly

I haven't been at this game long, but I know when you see big wattages for
small dollars (like the ones you list)...run....run far away...as fast as
you can. Garbage.
Rick

On Sat, 15 Nov 2003 23:03:37 GMT, "Pug Fugley" wrote:

"DJboutit2" wrote in message
I want a 4 channel so if I ever want to ad 2 more subs to my system I will
already have the amp.

That's not what a 4 channel is designed for. Yeah you CAN do it, but that's
not what a 4 channel is designed for. A 4 channel is mainly made for mids &
highs becuase it has 4 inputs..front l&r and rear l&r.

Just get a good one ohm stable subwoofer amp if you'll want to add more
subs, having 4 channel inputs for a subwoofer is a waste.

the dude is right ... your obviously not picky with your
equipment....so save yourself the hassle and get a 1ohm stable amp
that will run your two subs. IF you wanna add on more subs in the
future, then consider getting rca splitters, and use a new amp to feed
your new subs. Sure the rca splitter isnt exacly the highest qualitty
route...but your obivously not to concerned about that from what i
gather.

Another point... if you plan on adding more subs... your best bet is
to get nice ones NOW, instead of adding on later. Youll have alot
more trunk space as a result (less subs) and your over all music will
be muchmore enjoyable.

DJboutit2

What about these two amps

http://www.etronics.com/product.asp?...&store=&catid=

http://www.etronics.com/product.asp?...&store=&catid=

DJboutit2

If none of these amps are any good what 4 channel 150x4 or 175x4 amp for $150
to $175 would you reccommond and where can I get it online.
Pug Fugley

"DJboutit2" wrote in message
If none of these amps are any good what 4 channel 150x4 or 175x4 amp for

$150
to $175 would you reccommond and where can I get it online.

I think you need to figure out exactly why you're wanting a four channel amp
to run subwoofers first. Why are you wanting that???

wicked1

For the price your talking about you could get a Hifonics or JBL amp that
would definately be VERY solid wattages.The Hifonics Brutus amps are 1 ohm
stable and are pretty cheap.I just bought the 1500 watt model for 250
dollars and from what everyone concurs on thats a very good amp. You can
also Ebay a Rockford Fosgate used and have a pretty solid amp. I have always
been happy with the older MTX amps and you can pick them up cheap.I havent
used any of their new ones so I cant comment there.I have had a Sony amp and
it went back to the store due to it thermalling easily.Same thing for my
last Kenwood amp (626 I believe) it overheated easily. The Fosgates and MTX
amps that I have used have never overheated.
wrote in message
On 15 Nov 2003 20:44:37 GMT, (DJboutit2) wrote:

I have two 12" 200watt subs and need a amp which of these 5 amps is the

best
for my setup. These two subs are kinda cheap subs but they should do

the job
just fine so I do not want to over power them the first time I use them.

http://www.etronics.com/product.asp?...ore=&catid=306
http://www.etronics.com/product.asp?...ore=&catid=306
http://www.etronics.com/product.asp?...ore=&catid=306
http://www.etronics.com/product.asp?...ore=&catid=307
http://www.etronics.com/product.asp?...ore=&catid=307

ive never heard of crunch before ??? for the price of those
amps, you could get a sony xplod amp...which should be alot cheaper.

djtim22

OMG, did someone seriously suggest buying Sony Xplode amps?

Seriously, you don't want to use a 4-channel amp. Maybe I missed it,
but what impedance are your subs? That would make it easier to suggest
an amp.

--
djtim22

Soundfreak03

Seriously, you don't want to use a 4-channel amp. Maybe I missed it,
but what impedance are your subs? That would make it easier to suggest
an amp.

Whats wrong with a 4 channel amp?
I do not understand why everyone is saying you dont want a 4 channel. If the
amp meets your power requirements then what does it matter if it is a 1,2, or 4
channel amp?

Les
Pug Fugley

"Soundfreak03" wrote in message
Seriously, you don't want to use a 4-channel amp. Maybe I missed it,
but what impedance are your subs? That would make it easier to suggest
an amp.

Whats wrong with a 4 channel amp?
I do not understand why everyone is saying you dont want a 4 channel. If

the
amp meets your power requirements then what does it matter if it is a 1,2,

or 4
channel amp?

The subwoofer channel is one channel..why use a 4 channel amp when you can
get a mono sub amp with a crossover that will provide more power?

Soundfreak03

The subwoofer channel is one channel..why use a 4 channel amp when you can
get a mono sub amp with a crossover that will provide more power?

How do you know it will provide more power?
Why put more than one amp in your car if you can do it with one? There are
plenty of 4 channel amps that can be bridged to 2 channels. Thats like 2 mono
amps in one chassis. So depending on power desired a 4 channel amp may be the
way to go.
So again, why are people against a 4 channel amp?

Les

Pug Fugley

"Soundfreak03" wrote in message
The subwoofer channel is one channel..why use a 4 channel amp when you

can
get a mono sub amp with a crossover that will provide more power?

How do you know it will provide more power?
Why put more than one amp in your car if you can do it with one? There are
plenty of 4 channel amps that can be bridged to 2 channels. Thats like 2

mono
amps in one chassis. So depending on power desired a 4 channel amp may be

the
way to go.
So again, why are people against a 4 channel amp?

Better question is...who the hell would get a 4 channel amp to run just a
subwoofer?

Soundfreak03

Better question is...who the hell would get a 4 channel amp to run just a
subwoofer?

Well the question was based on 2 subwoofers. That would leave one per bridged
pair. Depending on price and power requirements the 4 channel might be a
better buy. Or how about this. Run the "front" half of the the amp for your
components and the "rear" half bridged for your subs. Saves space, and in some
situations that is a priority. What amp would you suggest? A mono? or perhaps a
2 channel? Hell, it doesnt matter what variety people get as long as it suits
thier needs and gives them sufficient power for their desired listening level.
BUT to me telling someone they dont want a 4 channel amp without reason is not
exploring all of the options, when upon the many factors to be considered, that
very type of amp could be the best choice.
So, you seem to have a hard time answering simple questions, why shouldn't
someone consider a 4 channel amp?
I run my entire system off of one amp. Including front components, midbass',
and sub. But listening to you I should have at least 2 amps. Waste of space and
money for my application.

Les