XFiend

Default I have a 88 Oldsmobile Custom cruiser... Looking for Subs...

Hey everyone aight here is the deal i am looking for some subs to put
into the massive area that needs to be filled and then Rocked... I
want some good subs for the money. i dont have that much at the moment
but i can save up. I just want some good suggestions for some good
subs that will give me clarity and loudness and be able to shake other
cars that are couple cars away if you know what i mean . I want
people to know that i am coming. But the thing is i dont have that
much to spend... maybe $300 for the amp and the subs. Thats what i
would like to do. But you know if i need more i can always pick up a
few more hours at work. Anyways I dont know anything about brands and
what not and what is good and what is not so i could use some help.
Ummmmmmm I have a friend that will install it for me and stuff so got
that covered but a Box might be cool too. But anyways i just need some
suggestions on like what wattage and what brand and what kind i would
need for the amp and sub. Thanks to all that can help...

My current system is an Avia Radio, 2 Rocksford Fosgate 3" in the
front and then 2 6/9" Pioneer's in the back all i need is the subs.. I
already have a 240 watt amp that i am planning on using to power my
current system and then a new amp for the subs just by themselves.
Thanks all the help will be greatly appreciated.
Bryan Jackson

You arn't going to get clarity and loudness for 300... I would say
for 500 you could get some decent subs off ebay and an amp.

In your case since you care more about loudness than clarity it seems,
you might want to concider audiobahn subs. I hear they handle a lot
of power for the price. Also though, look at sensitivity ratings.
92db sensitivity vs 89 db sensitivity is like doubling your wattage
since (2x wattage = 3 db gain). If you want the most bass with the
least amount of clarity get a bandpass box, if you want a trade off
get a ported (usually. I've heard some really good ported boxes,
especially if you port at the fs or just a bit higher so that it
smooths the rolloff out), the most clarity is a sealed box.

If you want new stuff for 300..... Go to walmart, but it won't be
loud or clear..