furdchandler

Default Digi Design M-Box?

I have a relatively basic PC, Windows ME, 128 Ram, plenty of hard
drive space. I want to purchase the Mbox to do some demo stuff. Is
that all I need? I'm mainly doing rap beats and samples using an
ensoniq ASR-X (until I can get an Akai MPC). Are these 2 machines
compatible. With the M-box does everything I need come with it. What
I hate the most about doing stuff on pc is that you always have to go
out and buy something else to make your apps or hardware work
correctly. DO I need a specific type of sound card? DO I need
certian drivers? Do I need a certian amount of RAM? I want to make
sure I buy everything at the same time when I buy the M-Box.
David Amos

Check Digidesigns Website (www.digidesign.com). It has all the
compatability requirements on there.

The MBox is a USB based dual pre-amp input for computers. It now comes with
Pro Tools 6 which gives you 32 tracks I believe. With it comes a great
program called "Reason" which will help you create beats.

You may also want to invest in a MIDI time piece for the Ensonique ASR-X,
this will let you record MIDI instructions in protools that can then be
played back on your ASR-X (this is if the ASR-X has MIDI connections,
however).

But check the Digidesign website for any more information.

Dave

Chris Smalt

furdchandler wrote:

I have a relatively basic PC, Windows ME, 128 Ram, plenty of hard
drive space. I want to purchase the Mbox to do some demo stuff. Is
that all I need? I'm mainly doing rap beats and samples using an
ensoniq ASR-X (until I can get an Akai MPC). Are these 2 machines
compatible. With the M-box does everything I need come with it. What
I hate the most about doing stuff on pc is that you always have to go
out and buy something else to make your apps or hardware work
correctly. DO I need a specific type of sound card? DO I need
certian drivers? Do I need a certian amount of RAM? I want to make
sure I buy everything at the same time when I buy the M-Box.

If you buy it (or any other sound card) - don't install the software on
the provided CD yet! First check for updates on the web site of the
manufacturer. This will save you a lot of troubleshooting. These boxes
typically spend months on a shelf and often have an old version of the
installation CD. You may be able to get a new CD from the store, or
install from the old one and then use updaters that can be downloaded.

Chris

Please remove the r from my address to reply by email