Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next

Default Help with home recording classical guitar!

I am totally new to recording and want to start home recording
classical guitar. I have researched some options and was hoping to get
some feedback. Basically, I have a new iMac G5 but its not located in
a place in my home that I can use for late night recording. So I don't
want to use the computer as the recorder, but would like to use it if
needed for editing and burning to cds.

I am trying to stay under $600 and more importantly is ease of use...I
am looking for simple yet quality.

I was thinking of the Tascam DP-01FX since that would be provide me
with both the recorder and the phantom power for external mics. The
other option is maybe the Fostex MR-8 (a couple of hunder $ less than
the Tascam), but I don't think that has phantom power so I would need
to get a preamp (no clue which one) and the mics.

What do you think of the above alternatives and do recommend anything
else?

Thanks!

Clement